Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring

Elijah was going through a withdrawl stage of not having his music. He was wondering around making his own music in his head, but it wasn't quite the same. So Elijah had unpacked his brand new guitar, and walked around for a quiet place to play it. The choice was endless. Everyone else was at lunch, and it seemed like Eli was the only one who snacked at Hogwarts. He loved the fact that the kitchens were so openly available. Elijah, tried to think of where he hadn't been in Hogwarts, but that list too was endless. He had his guitar on his back, though his fingers were already playing away to nothing, on nothing. He was walking to the non existant beat, that his fingers seemingly played.

The young Hufflepuff finally came upon a room, called the student lounge. He looked inside, his tree green eyes glanced quickly around. No one. Eli ran into the room, and slammed the door behind him. He went round the entire room, checking to see if anyone was hiding. When he was sure that no one was around. Elijah, climbed upon one of the tables, brought his guitar round and tuned it while thinking of a song to play. Eli didn't quite know. It would just be his singular guitar. And that didn't always make for good projection of song. Though, Eli's mind set upon a song. I Love the Sound Of Crashing Guitars by Roxette. A duo, male and female band. This one song, was more heavy on the male vocals, and since Elijah's voice still hadn't broken he could reach almost all the female notes, though when he spoke, his voice didn't seem too high. Elijah strummed the first two chords.

Within seconds, he was completely going at the song. His fingers as fast lightening. His voice more powerful than four put together. He was jumping up down on the desk. Eli was being completely swept away by the song. Most said that Elijah had a real prescience when he played. A born preformer. This also agreed with it. With a final chord, Eli jumped off the desk and landed on the ground, it seemed to finalise the song. Elijah stayed in his landing jump position until the chord stopped sounding. He looked up and almost jumped at the fact someone was there. He hoped whoever it was, it wasn't someone who would give him into trouble.

Hillary smiled and watched as Eli played and put his heart in to it. She didn't want to stop him in the middle of the song, so she waited until it ended. Then, she clapped.

"Bravo," she said, still smiling. "Hi again, Eli. I love how you put your heart in to what you play, and don't just play a song normally. It sends a message to the audience."

She took out her guitar from its case. She jumped up on one of the tables and sat there with her guitar for a few moments, just smiling at Eli while trying to think of a song to play. She could only think of one song at the moment. She decided she would play it, even if Eli already had heard her sing it. She started to sing "You Belong With Me", smiling at Eli as she did. When she finished, she giggled a bit. Music just made her extremely happy. Then her small laugh made her giggle more, but finally she got herself to stop giggling.

"You know," Hillary said. "I didn't think that I would ever find someone who loved music like me. I didn't even know that anyone did, aside from my family. But it's great that I did. Because some people wouldn't like a friend who just plays music a lot to express their feelings instead of talking." She smiled at Eli again. She was glad that they had met up at Hogwarts.

Elijah was glad that the person who'd seen him was someone he knew, and liked. It would've been terrible if this hadn't been the case and Eli had been faced with someone that he didn't know. It was diffcult to explain what and why he had done, what he'd done. But being Elijah, he would be able to come up with something. He was good at that. Elijah pretended to sing a long as Hils played away. It was nice to hear her play. He'd missed the sound of someone else playing. Elijah danced, watching her as she played. It was true, he was Crazy About Music. Music Is The Vibe for Elijah. He smiled and nodded as she spoke. Thinking that saying something wouldn't be appriortate, Eli started playing his guitar and began to play and sing Why Can't We be Friends. Once the song was over Elijah smiled at his good friend. Who he was thinking he might like more than he was saying. But he smiled at her.

"Music is the universal Language and only the most Awesome can produce music. Like you and I." Elijah said with a smile.

Hillary smiled and listened as Eli played and sang. Then she laughed at what he said. It was true, but kind of funny.

"So true," she said, after she stopped laughing but replaced it with a smile. "Glad we met up again. It makes it so much less awkward once you met someone already. What house have you been sorted in to? I'm a Hufflepuff, or 'Puff as the older students say."

She hoped that Eli was in Hufflepuff, too. Maybe they could perform a few times in the common room. It would be awesome. She hoped that he wasn't in Slytherin, because she knew that a lot of them hated Hufflepuffs. But Eli wouldn't hate her, at least that's what she thought. And he didn't seem like a Slytherin. He could have easily fitted in to any of the other houses. She had noticed that houses were like categories to some people. They judged people by their house, not by who they really were. It made her angry.

She had been looking at the floor, as if there were a screen that she was watching that showed the images she was imagining. Before looking up, a lot of images flashed through her head. She looked up and continued smiling at Eli. Hillary realized that it would be a lot easier during her 7 years at Hogwarts if she knew someone who loved music like she did. It would be hard if everyone got annoyed by her performing music instead of talking to people. Especially once the people got really made, she could go crazy not having any friends. But it wouldn't be enough to make her stop singing and playing her guitar. There needed to be a lot more than that.

Elijah was glad that Hills was in Hufflepuff. He was very glad of it. He too was in that house. Though he would let suspence fill the air before he replied. He was pleased with the house that had been chosen for him. If he was honest though, he didn't think he'd get into any other house. The house of Hufflepuff seemed perfect for this little boy who enjoyed nothing more than just having fun. He wouldn't have to be mean to others, and he didn't have to be really smart and he didn't have to be extremely brave. He could anyone he wanted. He could be a mixture of the other houses. Hufflepuff was a most awesome choice. He strummed his guitar as a sort of drum roll.

"I is a Puff." Eli said dramatically. "Come to dorm room 4, for all your Eli needs."

Hillary smiled as Eli said what house he got sorted in to and what dorm room he was in. She made a mental note, just in case she wanted to talk and he wasn't in the common room or something.

"That's great," she said. "Hufflepuff is an awesome house. I mean, it has to be if we're both in it!"

She smiled even more. She was glad that she had made some friends ahead of time that she already knew and could meet up with at Hogwarts, but she knew that the magical school wasn't all fun and games. She was a bit nervous about the other people. They could do a spell on her. At her home, she hadn't had any spells done on her. She was a mixed blood, her mother was a witch but her father wasn't. It wasn't really a magical household. Her mother had told her about magic as fairytales when she was younger. As she grew older, of course, Hillary started thinking that it was all fiction. That was when her mom had told her about the real magic. She had never experienced magic before and was afraid that someone would put a nasty spell on her.

"So," she said. "Are you enjoying Hogwarts so far? I know that I am."

She was, she thought it was great. Except the part about having spells put on her. That creeped her out a bit. But other than that, she was really enjoying Hogwarts.

Elijah was very glad that they were in the same house. He knew that they were good friends. Already, though they hadn't spent that much together. Elijah loved that about her. She was so awesome. Then an idea struck him. Of course it would be a secret until the time came. Until he grew the confidence to say anything, but still, one day he would have that confidence. The hufflepuff, walked to the table and sat on it, just beside his bestie. Eli was enjoying school. He was a little bored in classes, but that was understandable. Classes were boring. So very boring. And while a few were a little interesting. Not all. You have to be careful, when at the classes.

"The Classes are boring, but the school is Awesome. There is so much to do. So I am enjoying it a lot. I can't wait till the halloween party, it's going to be epic." Elijah said "Do you have a favourite class?"

Hillary smiled as Eli say next to her on the table. It was true, the classes were mostly boring.

"Well," she said. "I am not a huge fan of any of the classes that much. I mean, they're great. But I don't love to have school work and homework. I like how whenever I walk around the corner in a hallway, I meet someone new. It's nice. Of course, except when that person happens to be a bully."

She sighed. She knew that some people could tease her about her love for music. Then she brightened up again. What is there to tease about? she thought. Loving something awesome? That's what you should do. What was I thinking? Someday, I'll be famous as a musician and they'll be turning around and asking for my autograph. She knew that it probably wouldn't happen, but she kept the thought that told her it wouldn't to the back of her mind. She smiled again. She hoped that she and Eli would become better friends. Hillary smiled even more knowing that a certain thought in her head was possible.

Elijah couldn't help but smile. He was glad to have met such a cool person. The likelyhood of meeting someone as Awesome as this girl seemed to be beyond Eli's mind. He had found his best friend. His closest friend, though it struck him that apart from music he knew nothing of her. She was still a mystery to him and he a mystery to her. Eli nodded. He hadn't met too many people. He spent too much time lilstening to his own person stereo to be able to hear anyone if they did speak to him. Though this would change at the sound of the people he could meet.

"Well, at least we have more than music in common, So Hills tell me about yourself, Something that's just as Awesome as you." Elijah said with a smile.

Hillary smiled. She considered Eli her closest friend because he was the only one she had met more than once and they had a lot in common. She was a bit scared about being away from her family, but she hoped that it would be better if she had some best friends that she felt comfortable around. She tried to think of things to say about herself.

"Um," she said. "I like to make string bracelets, I can make one for you if you want, I just need to know your favorite colors. They aren't just for girls or anything, I think that some boys like them. I don't know about you, but I think they're pretty cool." She showed Eli the bracelets on her arm. "And I like to make friends, I like animals, and music, of course. I am from a family of musicians. Um... I am trying to hep the environment so that we can actually live and not die because of our living conditions. I think that everyone thinks it doesn't matter, but in time it will. My favorite colors are every color in the rainbow. My favorite sport is soccer. That's all the basic stuff about me. What about you?"

She stopped herself from talking even more. She didn't want it to seem like she was rambling and was all self-centered. Hillary also wanted to know about Eli. Best friends were supposed to know a lot about each other, so they had to at least start with the basics.

Elijah slowly played as Hillary spoke. He while she talk about herself as he had asked made mental notes of the things she liked. For birthdays and if ever there friendship were to be tested. Elijah liked how Hillary thought, her entire life seemed to be centered around others. Elijah smiled at her.

"My favourite colours are gold orange and black." Elijah said with a small smile and a wink. "Me, well I love music, i write and I play. I like to have fun. I plan on making a list of things to do before the end of school. And doing the things on the list by the end of the 7 seven years. I'm fostered, so I don't know what kind of family I come from. But it doesn't bother me. And I love hanging out with my friends and making new ones. When's your birthday?"

Hillary smiled as she made a mental note of the information Eli had just given her. It would be annoying to him if she had to ask what the information was a million times.

"That list sounds like a good idea," she said. "My birthday is May 7th. When is yours?"

She decided that she would start working on the friendship bracelet as soon as possible. She didn't have the string at the moment, but she knew that she would try her hardest making it. She made another mental note to not be such a perfectionist, she knew that Eli would like it. He was her friend after all. She still wanted it to be one of her best bracelets, though. Hillary decided on what kind of friendship bracelet she would do and made yet another mental note about what style it was going to be. Note to self: Stop making notes to self, she thought as she smiled at Eli again.

Elijah nodded to her, once more taking in the date. He would be sure to buy her something Awesome, he had enough time to think on it. He didn't care much for his birthday. It was just another day to him. Nothing more and nothing less. When it came to his birthday it was the only thing this little Hufflepuff was awkward about, or pessimistic about. Elijah would make an effort for it this year. He would always make an effort, but it had been a long time, that he may celebrate his birthday with people.

"You'll have to help me with the list anything gets a place on the first copy, then it will be made into the real list." Eli siad. "April 21st"

Hillary made a mental note of the date, then told herself that it was the last mental note she would make. At least from this conversation. She decided that just in case she forgot she would mark it on her calendar. She could easily forget things, considering how many mental notes she had just made. She didn't have the slightest clue of what to get him, though, but she knew that the friendship bracelet would just be a friendship gift, not fit for a birthday present.

"I'll definitely help you," she said, without noticing that her fingers had started playing her guitar again.

Her fingers played their own little tune. Once she did notice, she didn't resist. She loved to play her guitar. She finished it off and smiled yet again.

Elijah began to play too, he slowly played a tune to accompany Hillary's tune. He continued to play along with her. It was a nice tune, Elijah broke off and played a different tune. Eli wondered what to play he was trying to figure out a tune that was easily playable and recongisable, one that Hills would be able to recongise. He wondered why his mind was deserting him at this point. He decided to play his own tune. Something that most wouldn't have heard, since he rarely played his own music.

"Me and the guys from the dorm, plan on having a small party, be sure to come and invite the girls from your dorm." Eli said with a smile.

Hillary smiled. "I sure will," she said. "It will be great. Hufflepuff rocks! Fun plus us equals awesomeness."

She giggled. Her fingers started to move again. It was happening more often. Her fingers moved to express her feelings. The sound from her guitar came out as a cheerful tune. Another one of her made-up ones. After a while, she stopped.

"No reason," she said. "But do you know what you would like as a present? I usually only celebrate birthdays with girls, so I'm not an expert in that category. And I know it's way ahead of your birthday, but just to make a note so I have time to get it. Because it would be really bad if I needed something and I could only get it in a month but it was the day before your birthday."

((Should we end this so she can post in the party topic thing?))

Elijah was glad that Hill said she was coming. Eli wanted her to come, more than anyone else, there was something about Hills that he really quite liked. They both played music and lived for it. Elijah knew any reference, any song lyric. He was a music brain box. And he couldn't believe those that thought music was old and not for them. Music was for everyone. Elijah stopped playing his newest song, when Hill asked what he would like for his birthday. It had been a long time since any person had directly asked him that. So he was a little taken aback, but Elijah thought. It really wasn't that hard, but he didn't want to be predictable. Unfortunetely he was.

"Anything to do with music, will be better than anything I've ever gotten. Well, apart from my guitar." Elijah said smiling at his best friend. "What about you?

[Yeah, that sounds good]

Hillary made one last mental note, still smiling.

"Well," she said. "I'm not really sure what I would want. Something music related. Or anything, really. I think it's the thought that counts. Although I'm happy to get people presents. And I'm sorry, but I think I have to go. I have to finish up some of the homework. I'll see you at that party for sure!"

She smiled and started to walk to the door. She turned to wave before going to do her homework.

((*goes off to post in party topic*))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back