OOC First Name
tig
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 13 Inch Whippy Oak Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Standing in front of the door to the Defense Professor’s office was probably the most unexpected thing to happen to her today. She’d not really expected to be so interested in a class that she would willingly seek out more information, but HERE SHE WAS, hesitating at the door as she stared at it, almost like she was simply willing it to open of its own accord. After all, neither of her parents had been particularly good students so she was fully expecting to be right on their level and just focus on quidditch (next year) and get decent grades so she didn’t get kicked off the team. She wanted to be Quidditch Captain one day if it killed her and she was absolutely going to make it… eventually. Even if it was the last thing she ever did!​

She didn’t mean to be so passionate about things sometimes, but Quidditch was just so important to her.​

“PROFESSOR DRAGE!” She called, banging her fist on the Professor’s door. She didn’t meant to startle the woman, but she wanted her to know that this was very important. “Professorprofessorprofessorprofessor professor! Professor Drage! It’s Yuki! Yuki Edogawa! From class earlier?” She announced herself, stepping back from the door slightly. “I need to talk to you right now, please!” She was so caught up in her own excitement she’d forgotten to stop and think about how she was presenting herself. “I have several very important questions!” and she was determined to ask each and every one of them. She just hoped the Professor was able to answer all of them. "Are you home? Can I come in!?"

Lydia was mid-sip of a steaming cup of mango green tea when her door rattled with urgency. Startled, Lydia’s upper body jerked, and she splashed hot liquid all over- her robes, the desk, the book she was reading. Swearing quietly to herself, she pulled out her wand and used Scourgify and the Hot-Air Charm, but didn’t get every spot.

It was a moment before she realized it was the first-year girl who’d answered her question enthusiastically in class. Taking a deep breath, Lydia stepped to the door and opened it, her heart pounding.

“Come in, Miss Edogawa,” Lydia said, “take a seat. Would you like a cup of tea?”

“PROFESSOR!” Yuki called again as she felt the Professor was taking way too long to come and answer her door. If Yuki had been a less respectful person she would have simply opened the door herself - but she wasn’t, living with her parents had taught her the very necessary lesson of privacy in one’s own spaces. “I NEED -” However the door opened before she got to finish what she was going to say and it was only by the grace of her incredible reflexes that she was about to save herself from face planting on the floor.​
“Oh,” she was slightly distracted by the fact that the door had opened so suddenly and needed a moment to collect herself. She wished she could say lesson learned, but really, it wasn’t. She’d do it again as soon as she had another question for someone. She couldn’t help herself.​
She stumbled slightly into the room and moved straight over to sit in the chair opposite the professor’s desk. “No, I’m okay! I just have a couple of questions I need answers to!” She said, going through her mental checklist of questions as she thought about where to start.​
“Okay so WHY IS DARK MAGIC DARK MAGIC? CAN’T SOMEONE JUST NOT USE IT FOR DARKNESS?” She started turning in her chair to look over at the Professor. WHY do we need to know how to defend ourselves? Is there a secret fight club? What happens if I mess up a spell and i poke someome in the eye with my wand? What about curses? What if someone tries to curse me and i punch them, will I get in trouble, or will they? How do I know someone is a dark person? What if they hit me with a bad spell before i can prepare? Why are dark creatures dark creatures? Will they all try to attack me? What about all that good versus evil stuff, do we have another harry potter at school? Am I going to go on a magical journey that’ll teach me the value of something really special?” After all, wasn’t that what happened to everyone?​

Taking a deep breath, Lydia listened to the first year student and tried not to hyperventilate herself. Miss Edogawa was- a dynamic person. The professor thought she might have retained half of the girl’s questions, at best. She decided to focus on what was important.

“Well, we consider magic dark when it hurts, maims, or controls another individual. The dark arts are not black and white, not always good or bad. I think it’s important to learn how to defend yourself,” Lydia took a breath, “but you don’t need to live in fear.”

Lydia sipped at her fresh cup of tea, ready for the oncoming storm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back