OOC First Name
Marga
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Hanna Mitchelle stayed in her room for more than two days without going out. She stayed in bed, only getting up when she needed to use the bathroom. Her mind floated around searching for every bit of information that might state why she was a Hufflepuff instead of Slytherin. She never really did understand how sorting went. During sorting, she could only notice rude ones getting into Hufflepuff, and those who seemed kinder were brought to Slytherin. Those who looked confused were sorted to Ravenclaw and some that were nervous out of their wits were placed in Gryffindor. She spent her time pondering on how the Sorting Hat's judgments became thus, but it only seemed to confuse her more and more.

It was only on the third day that she realized that she was wasting her life on something so trivial. The young Hufflepuff stood up and took a short bath before going down to the Great Hall to get something to eat. She was indeed grateful that even if she wasn't trained to become an assassin, she was trained to withstand pain, hunger, thirst and extreme temperature changes. But after her meal, she had decided on what to do next. Explore. She wasn't too adventurous but indeed, sometimes curiosity gets the best of her childish nature. She headed out for the cliffs, not so very careful in going up to the top and getting a few scratches and wounds along the way, which she really didn't pay attention to. She began to admire the beauty of what surrounded her, and Mitch wished that she had someone to share it with.

Aaren cannot really believe that she's finally here, that finally, she's away from the watchful eyes of her parents, away from the chains that stopped her from doing what she wanted to. Freedom. Now, don't get her wrong though. It's not like she hated her parents, in fact, she loved them. Loved them to much to put up with them. If she didn't love them, would she follow their every commands? She wouldn't, right? She loves her parents, and she always will. But still, it's really great to finally be able to do what she wanted to do. Eat what wanted to eat, say what she wanted to say, act how she wanted to act, and dress however she wanted to. It's great being able to do these things which some people may consider just normal. It may be normal for some other people, but for Aaren, these things were precious. Still wearing her cat pajamas, the Gryffindor decided to wander outside. Some students were looking weirdly at her, considering how childish she looked. But then, the girl just couldn't care less. The cloth was really comfortable to wear and it looked really cute too. On top of that, she had been told that her lucky item for the day would be cats. She didn't really have any pet, so, this would just do. Besides, the weather was really cold, the thick fabric of her clothes help her warm. With her stuffed cat, for added luck, the Gryffindor skipped along the halls of the school, occasionally stopping by some portraits to talk to them.

After what had seemed like hours of wandering around the school, Aaren decided to explore outside. She hadn't seen her cousin around yet. Maybe he was in the cliffs though, knowing his cousin, he would be somewhere quiet, somewhere high, in a place where he could think in peace. Humming a song, the young girl hugged her toy close and walked towards the cliff. The trip uphill didn't go smoothly. Well, she wasn't really that athletic after all. It was good that her cloth didn't ripped when random branches would cling to her. As she arrived on the place, however, she discovered that her cousin was there either. Pouting, she was about to go back inside the school and just busy herself with some cake or something when she noticed that there was actually someone there aside from her. It was a girl, just right about her age. Or maybe not, it's not rare to see persons who looked really young even though their not after all. Smiling to herself, the gryffindor approached the girl. She had already given up on looking for her cousin. He wouldn't talk much to her even though she would see him anyway. It would probably be better to just try and look for some friends. She never did have anyone at home. Maybe it would be fun. "Hello. Would you mind if I sit with you here? If you would, then it's fine too. I won't be offended. I don't want to disturb you. But you see, I would be really happy if you would let me join you. I don't have anything to do, and I'm awfully bored. Wouldn't you be too if you don't have anyone with you?" Aaren started, unable to stop herself from talking. People would often tell her that she speaks too much, that she's really talkative. But then, who would be able to blame her when all she wanted was to just make friends? It's not bad to be friendly, is it?

The view was indeed beautiful and eye-catching. Her dark house made of metal and cement couldn't even compare to the beauty of nature which now surrounded her. Sure, it was cold because of the winter weather, but the snow had just made the landscape around her more beautiful. The blanket of white was indeed admirable in the childish eyes of the Hufflepuff. The snow against her skin, wounds and scratches sent a tingle down her spine, but still the coolness was a pleasant feeling. She wouldn't trade this for even a single lesson to be an assassin.

Mitch's admiration to nature was soon interrupted by a girl in what seemingly was either a mascot, or pajamas. But still, she found it cute. Very, very cute! Who could blame her, she had a childish nature, and cats were something she liked a lot. She listened to the other girl talk and talk and talk. Almost without stopping! When the other girl was through, Mitch blinked a few times before bursting into laughter. "You talk too much, but it looks cute when you're wearing the cat!" she said in the midst of her childish laughter. After a few seconds of laughing, she managed to compose herself once more. "Sorry about that. And sure, you can stay with me," she said with a smile on her face before extending her arm, inviting the girl to a handshake. "I'm Hanna Mitchelle Freecss, but Mitch would be nicer and easier," she said with a welcoming voice, her gaze fixed on the girl and waiting for her reply.

The gryffindor just tilted her head in confusion as her companion started to laugh. She had never been laughed at. People would tell her that she talks a lot, too much in fact, but the way that the girl told her the same thing was different from the way that other people do. Her parents would be really angry at her, telling her that she's being ungraceful and not lady-like, they would tell her that girls should be demure and should just listen, she never did understand why. There's nothing wrong with talking, is there? She wasn't offended though. She was just confused as to why she was being laughed at. But then, the girl saying that what she had been wearing was cute was enough to make the gryffindor smile despite the confusion. "It's really cute, isn't it? It's a cat. Wearing this makes me feel like one too. Cats are really cute even though sometimes, they are really snobby. But they're really soft and cuddly. I actually wanted to own one, but you see, my mother doesn't like it. She said cats are dirty and filthy. I don't really understand why though, I mean, if you would just clean them and take care of them, they wouldn't be dirty, would they?" With this, Aaren stopped talking, partly because she was out of breath and partly because she realized that she had been talking too much again. Feeling quite embarrassed, the gryffindor silently sat beside the younger girl, her doe like eyes staring into the others. "I am talking too much again, ain't I? People are always telling me that I do. Would you rather that I wouldn't talk? If you say so, I would stop. I can stop talking when I make up my mind, although, it's really difficult." The girl admitted, hugging her stuffed cat to gave her more warmth.

Turning her attention back to the girl, Aaren just had to smile like she had just been given a new toy. This was it. She'd finally have her first friend. Back at her home, she never did get the chance to actually have someone close to her. Her parents were really strict and choosy when it comes to people that she associates with, but then again, they'd never know who she would talk to right now, would they? Her cousin is attending the same school as her, but she doubted that he would tell on her. He never did care about anybody apart from himself anyway. "You have such a lovely name Mitchelle. It's such a romantic name. But since you preferred it, I would call you Mitch. I am Aaren Charley Nightray by the way. I would rather that you call me Aaren or Ren. But I do not really mind if you would want to call me in another way. But you see, don't you think that my name sounded so unromantic? I think my parents thought that they would be having a boy when they had me. They probably got too busy to think of another name. But then, having such an unromantic name wouldn't kill me anyway, would it?" She said before she could stop herself again. She just couldn't help it, really. It just felt too great to be able to express her thoughts finally. At home, she never did got the chance to this much anyway. She just hoped that her companion won't be so annoyed at her.

Mitch didn't really pay attention at all to the other girl when she noticed that the female in front of her was in a state of confusion. Probably because of her sudden outburst of laughter. But Hanna Mitchelle was not one to care, instead, she had paid more attention to the sudden talking of the girl about cats. And Mitch, having the same interest began to rant and rant as well. "I love cats! The way they walk is just so majestic! And yeah, they're really cute! And even more cute when they're snobby! Siamese cats are really nice, but the big wild cats are nice too!" she paused for a while until she heard Aaren complain about her Mom not liking cats because they are filthy and dirty creatures. "No way! You're mom said that?! That is so not cool! My cat is never dirty! I'll get allergies if I don't keep her clean. Too bad they're not allowed to bathe though," she said not caring what the girl in front of her might think.

Mitch had suddenly noticed the embarrassed expression on the other girl's face, which had definitely confused the Hufflepuff. What was the reason that the girl in front of her was embarrassed. And being who she was when a bit bored about some things, she decided to let it go. And instead, join in the discussion and exchange of experiences with the girl in front of her. "Well, I guess it's fine. Since I tend to talk too much once in a while, though. Mom always scolds me but Dad just laughs when I tend to rant and rant and rant. My brother finds it amusing too! Oh yeah, my brother studies here too, he's a Slytherin! Anyways, back to our topic. It's okay for you to rant on and on and on and on, since I often do that too! Like now, for example."

The Hufflepuff girl was having fun and was realizing things she never even noticed. Her name? Romantic? Mitch didn't think so. If anything, her parents are not romantic, that was for sure. It was then that Hanna discovered the name of her companion. Aaren. It was quite a nice name, and with that known, she began to talk once more. "Romantic, really? Never really thought that my parents were the romantic type. Cause believe me, they are not. Maybe they just couldn't think of any other name and was too bored to just look for one. That would sound more like them. And oh yeah, maybe I'll call you Ren. I prefer nicknames better. I hate formalities just like my brother does. Formalities make things more complicated than they're supposed to be. And I don't think Aaren is unromantic, in fact, it sounds pleasant. And yeah, unromantic names can't kill you. Either a disease or a metal or a really sharp thingy can."

Even though they had just met, Aaren was quite sure that she and the other girl was bound to get along just fine. They seemed to share the same interests, and truthfully, she was quite liking her. The other girl was different from those girls that she had met before, she was enthusiastic, the girls that had encountered before were quite plain and to say, without any ill intention at all, quite boring. She wouldn't be able to blame them though, perhaps, they were brought up the way. In fact, she too had been brought up like that at home. Her mother really didn't like it when she act in a different way than she should. Aaren should always be demure and reserved. Just a perfect little lady. But then again, she was far from being perfect. But she tries to be. For the sake of her parents that is. Nodding her head, the gryffindor listened to the other girl talk, she was quite agreeing to everything that was being said. "Oh, mother won't be too happy with being called cool. She said that that word shouldn't be used in describing a lady. But then, she wouldn't be able to hear you anyway. So, just let be. But yes, yes, she did say that cats were dirty. They were full of fleas she said. I don't know why she hates them so much. I think cats are like women, they're really graceful. Mother wanted me to be graceful, so I don't understand why she didn't like cats." She said, pouting as an image of her mother crossed her mind. Now, if she would have been at home, she wouldn't have uttered such things. Her mother would have punished her for talking that much. But then, she's away from them now, she could at least enjoy this little freedom, right?

Still hugging her stuffed cat, Aaren listened as the girl talked again. It was actually great, not only was the girl a sympathetic listener, it seemed that she too, talks a lot. They really were a lot a like and it made her so happy. "Oh I'm so glad. I know you and I are going to get along just fine. You see, it's really great to talk when one wants to and not to be stopped by adults and be told that kids should be seen rather than heard. I've had a lot of people said that to me a million times before, I'm not exaggerating. People scolds me when I talk a lot, some would even laugh at me because I use really big words. But then, would you agree with me, if you have big and great ideas, you have to use big words to express them, right? My mother would tell me that my tongue must probably be hung in the middle that's why it's so loose, but that's really impossible, it's really fastened on one end you see. If it isn't, then I won't be able to talk at all right? Mother is really silly, but please, do not tell her that I told you that, I would never hear the end of it if you do." The gryffindor then paused a little, tilting her head to the side again, locks of her obscuring her eyes, making her have to brush them and tuck them behind her ear. "I have an older cousin in slytherin too. But you see, he's really different from me. I doubt that you'd know that we're related once you see. Oh, but don't misunderstand me. I love him even though he seemed to not like me. But I'm sure he wanted to like me too, he's probably just finding it to be hard."

Aaren just shook her head in disagreement when the girl had denied her statement. She really did find the name Mitchelle romantic. It's a really beautiful name for her. And it really fits the girl's small but elegant face too. Her name however, she wasn't sure whether it fitted her. But then again, she couldn't change it anyhow. "Oh, then you can call me Ren. Rarely does people call me that actually, only my nanny does, but she does it ever so discreetly. Mother loves formalities you see, she didn't like it when I get too close to other people. She said it would just be a burden for me. But don't worry, I don't think the same way that she does." Aaren was feeling reaaly great at the moment. She just felt so alive. Being able to talk this much after such a long time was quite refreshing. There was no one around to tell her to stop, no one around to tell her to go back to her room and read about proper etiquette. She really was beginning to love hanging out with the girl. "Oh Mitchelle, Mitch," she said at last, clasping her hands in front of her as if she was praying, letting go of her stuffed toy and speaking in almost a whisper, "Is there any way for you to like me a little- even just a little, just enough to be my bosom friend?" Her eyes were looking at the girl in anticipation, she would really love it if she and Mitch would be very close friends.

Mitch contemplated about what Aaren was saying about her mother. She would have laughed since Aaren's mom was just like her own mom, but she figured that the girl beside her didn't want another out of the blue laughing session. Instead, "Are all mothers like yours and mine? Don't do this, don't do that. Proper manners here, proper etiquette there. Proper lady here, proper lady there," she said while gesturing the words 'here' and 'there' with her both her hands. It was quite a thought that their mothers had almost the same personalities. "And not all cats are dirty. Mine is not so dirty, sure she'll have a couple of fleas once in a while since that's completely unavoidable. But aside from that, she's all clean. And yes, cats are graceful, supposedly how our mothers want us to be," she said with a little giggle at the last part of the statement. Well, in her point of view, it was true, from how a cat climbs up and down to how it walks it really was graceful, like a perfect, proper lady.

Mitch had been listening to Aaren talk all this time, she didn't mind a talkative companion as she was also another talkative child. The young Hufflepuff cannot help but frown a bit when adults viewed children as only creatures to be seen instead of heard. "Adults should learn to listen to children. You see, we have our own idea as to how our economy can improve and we have all different ideas that can be contributed to benefit a massive amount of humans, but then again, leave it to the adults to just look at children and not listen." she said as if she knew how the economy ran. Well, in totality, Hanna Mitchelle did have a quite a few ideas as her family were not really killing for free, instead they kill for very high prices, and as far as Mitch knew, most of the time, her brothers or parents would assassinate some big shots in the industry. Mitch nodded when Aaren told her that big ideas should be expressed with big words. "Yup, I know how you feel. I am not really allowed to go to parties unlike my brothers since my Mom and Dad practically hide me, they said it would have to wait until I become a proper lady which is unlikely to happen. And no, tongues hanging loose are horribly disgusting, and I suppose you don't have a tongue like that. And why would I tell your mother? First things first, she's not here. Second, I don't know her," she said as a smile grazed her features. All in all, Mitch didn't really care if Aaren's mom was around, after all, why did she have to tell her mother about what they were talking about. It would just be plain rude to do so. "Why don't you introduce me to him? Then I'll introduce you to my brother!" the Hufflepuff offered gleefully. She really didn't mind meeting new people from the green house, and she was sure that she could get Kil to go with her if she pleaded him. Of course, she only needed Aaren to agree.

"Honestly, I hate formalities. They make things more complicated than they originally are. I seldom put up with them," Mitch plainly stated with a straight face. She wasn't lying and even when there are visitors, or clients, she hated being formal. But of course, she's not the only one who hates them. "But brother never does. You could quite say that he's the rebel type," she whispered to Aaren like it was some big secret that they had to keep it from anybody else. Mitch was indeed having a good time. And if this was how it felt to have a friend, she wouldn't mind having more. "Are you kidding me?! Little?! I like you a lot! We're going to be very best friends!" she shouted with joy as she grabbed the girl in front of her into a bear hug. Mitch had always liked hugs and this was the way to show it.

It was great that Aaren and Mitch shared the same opinion about almost everything, from the way that their mothers treated them, to the way that they believe that they should at least be given the chance to be heard too. Rarely did she ever met someone, much less, a person her age, who thinks the same way as she did. But maybe it wasn't really that surprising then, she, after all, had spent most of her life boxed inside the walls of their huge manor. She was never allowed to go out unaccompanied by any adult who her parents deemed to be 'worthy' enough to be with their child. She had never been able to do what she wanted to do. Though it sounded really mean, she would say that her house was more like a prison, her parents watching her every move. Aaren was actually a child full of spirit and vigor, she's at her best when she was free to do what she wanted to do, she's at her happiest when the chains preventing her from flying on her own were absent. She's usually a kid who speaks her mind, but that Aaren wasn't the same person that had resided on the Nightray Manor. The Aaren that was talking to Mitch right now, the Aaren of Hogwarts, was probably different from Aaren of the Nightray family. This Aaren right now was happier. This was the real her. Without her parents criticizing her every word and action, she didn't need to pretend. "I don't think that all mothers were the same you see. But then again, I guess I shouldn't be speaking of that. I haven't met a lot of people yet and those that I have met were....always the same. I would say that they look alike, but that would be really rude. But it was the truth. They all act the same, all say the same thing. They were pretty flat despite all those jewelries and expensive clothes covering them. I love my mother though, I really do. I would never be able to bring myself to hate her, even to dislike her. But you see, sometimes, I would imagine that my mother's more open minded, I would imagine having a tea with her in the garden, talking about trivial things. But that would be really far from happening. I'm a bad daughter, ain't I? I shouldn't be thinking this way." The red haired girl said, jumping from one topic to another just like she would usually do when talking. It was one of the things that her previous tutors would scold her about. They said she had too much things to say, that she blabbers too much. But then she couldn't really help it, this was who she is. Despite being scolded a lot of times, she had never been able to change it. She was able to control herself at times, but it was really difficult. It was really difficult to stop yourself from saying what you wanted to say, right?

Aaren was really enjoying her time talking to Mitchelle. She, just like her, had lots of things to say. She didn't really mind talking to persons who don't talk too much, but it's really more fun when the person that you're conversing with would talk too. She didn't mind having a one-sided conversation, but having a talk where in two persons were really involved is really nice too. At least, she had quite the clue that she wasn't boring her to death. "Hear, hear. You're right Mitch. We should be heard too. We have ideas of our own. Mother would always say that I shouldn't put my nose on adult's business. But then, they were my family too. Shouldn't I have a say should there be an issue that needs to be resolved? People always thought that because we lack of height and of age-" Aaren said, pausing to gesture to her petite frame, as if proving her point. With her small body and pale milky complexion, it would be really easy to underestimate her. "They think that we knew nothing. There were hundreds, millions of books out there, it wouldn't be surprising should we know things too right? I think it's really rude for them to treat us like babies. Yes, we're still kids, but even us can have our own opinion too, right?" She continued, her eyebrow knitting as she pouted and hugged her stuffed cat closer, The hood of her clothes slid down to reveal her reddish brown hair dancing with the wind as the gryffindor looked out in the horizon, as if expecting something to just appear there. "What is a proper lady anyway? You see, I can curtsy when introducing myself, I could bow down, and I can eat the way that my mother wanted me to. I don't mind doing those things, they were part of me right now too you see. But what I really don't understand was the idea that to be proper, I should only do the things that they deemed feminine. But what really was femininity? Were speaking too much, wanting to go on adventures, wanting to play things that a proper lady shouldn't do ? I would never understand that logic. They said a proper should always be cute and surrounded by everything nice. Be all sugar and sweet." Aaren knew that right now, she was complaining, but she really couldn't help herself. This would be the first time that she'd be able to say all these things that she had bottled up inside her for so long. She's was the only one in their house who believes in such thing anyway. Should she have said this before, she was sure that she wouldn't be allowed to leave her room until her mother thinks that she had already reflected on her actions. It was an endless cycle for them, she'd say something, she'd get scolded, she'd pretend to have reflected on what she had done, pretend that she had changed her opinion already.

"I would introduce you to him sometime, that is if I could find him. He was really elusive you see. I haven't seen him around. But I would really appreciate it if you would want to meet him. He hadn't got any friends. He's really charming though, I don't think that it's hard to not like him when you see him. But I guess, it was his personality that sets people off. It's quite weird how his appearance was in total contrast with how he acts and talks. Should I introduce you to him, please don't be offended should he say something rude. He's always like that. I hope you'd understand." The gryffindor whispered, thinking about her cousin really made her feel quite suffocated. She never did know why he had become like who he is now. She remembers him as a kid who smiles a lot, who would always accompany her every time their parents had something to do, but alas, everything had changed after that night. It was like he had turned into another person. She wasn't even sure now whether the happy memories were him were only figments of her imagination. She wasn't even sure now if those things had really happened before.

If she could, Aaren would have danced around in happiness when the girl responded to her request. She'd be her very first friend at Hogwarts. No. Scratch that. She'd be her very first friend. "Please tell me that I'm not dreaming right now Mitch. If I am, I'd be greatly disappointed. If this is only a dream, I wouldn't want to wake up. But if I really need to, then I'd go look for you, I hope we could be friends in real life just like we are here if this was only a dream. Pinch my cheeks will you? I really want to know whether this is a dream or not." Ren said, releasing herself from the hug given to her. She reached out for the girl's hand and enclosed it with her own pale hands. It was the first time too that she had been hugged. Her parents rarely do that. she could probably count how many times they had given her a hug. It felt really great, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back