Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Unyielding Ebony Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Penny never had mastered the art of moving through quiet spaces quietly. Her shoes tapped loudly as she walked across the libraries hard floor, then a loud bang when she threw her heavy satchel onto a wooden table. There was a scraping noise which echoed as she dragged the chair out from under the table, she sat down and started rummaging noisily through her bag to find her textbook, quill, inkwell and parchment. She was supposed to be revising but didn't really feel like it now that she was here. It was still better than staying in the History of Magic classroom though, and she wondered if any other first years would choose to come to the library to study too.

Ruben walked to the library right behind a Slytherin girl that had also left the History of Magic classroom, he decided to keep following her to a table, maybe she would like to study together, or if he was lucky she wouldn't.
"Hey! Mind if I join you?" he said pulling a chair to sit down. He unconsciously did that, asked people questions and wouldn't wait for their answers, something Ruben definitely needed to work on but hopefully the girl wouldn't mind.

Penny watched a boy in the corner of her eye as he approached her table. He wanted to sit with her and she was okay with that. "Yeah sure pull up a chair - it's Ruben Right, right?" She said with a giggle, they were in the same house so she knew him but they weren't friends.

"Yeah how did you-" Ruben said before stopping himself. They were on the same class, she probably her the professor calling his name before "Nevermind, I forgot we go to the same class" the Slytherin boy said face plaming himself ironically.
He took a seat and started taking his books, as much as he hated to, "Ready for the exam?" he asked. He knew he wasn't, he could study everyday until the exam and he still wouldn't feel ready, History of Magic wasn't a subject that he was very comfortable on, History had always been the young boy's downfall.
He wondered if the blonde girl felt the same way or if it was just him that didn't care about History at all, he knew that technically it was important to know the past mistakes so you don't repeat them but he wasn't a big fan of learning that.

Penny shrugged, to her it came second nature to know peoples names even if they weren't a friend of hers. "I think I must know the names of all the Slytherin's in our year by now. I'm Penny by the way." She gave him her name without him having to ask, just because she knew his name, it didn't mean he necessarily knew hers. She shook her head and laughed when asked if she was ready for exams, "Absolutely not!" She said with a smile, "I think I'll be winging exam week." Her textbook was ready laid out in front of her but she wasn't reading any of it. "What about you? Have you been studying up?"

Ruben was impressed that the girl was familiar with everyone so soon, Ruben was still discovering people, he saw at least three new people in class every day that he could swear that weren't there on the previous lesson.
"Does that mean you are like a gossip queen or something?" he said wondering if names were all that Penny knew. Someone who was informed like her was always good to keep around and who knows, they could actually become good friends.
"Nah, not been studying much but I'm feeling confident about them so I will do them just without studying much. I don't need a lot of study to learn and memorise stuff" the young boy said, it was one of his qualities that he was most proud of.

Last edited:
Amara went out of her History class. Library..library...where was it. Even she was in this school for almost a
semester it was difticult for her to find some classrooms or some places like library. But with time and patience she found thre right place.

She quietly walked among high shelves trying to find a right place for studying, but then she heard some noises. Amara followed the sound and then heard someone talking. Maybe learning with someone else will help. So she tried to find the sound source. When she found it, there was two Slytherin students.
''Emmm hi, do you mind if I join?'' she asked shyly.

Catching up to some of her classmates, Brooke spotted Penny and Ruben sitting together already working, and a girl she was pretty sure called Amara about to join them. Brooke had been making a point to try and remember her classmate's names, figuring it would make things a lot easier down the line if she did. "You two are already working hard I see," Brooke said with a smile, taking a seat across from her housemates and nodding to Amara, who looked quite nervous to be joining them, hoping to encourage her.

Ruben was surprised that right after his question a young Hufflepuff girl interrupted them. He wasn't expecting anyone choose to go to the library. "Yes go ahead, take a seat" he said to the girl with a warm smile. He didn't even knew her name but he vaguely remembered to see her in class.
Suddenly it was like they were hit by a hurricane, as the Hufflepuff girl took her seat another girl, a Slytherin, walked on them like she owned the place. Ruben honestly liked the spirit, it reminded him of his sister Veronica who also made entrances like that.
The Slytherin boy couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the girl's comment, he wasn't sure if it was sarcastic or not of her part but the truth was that he and Penny hadn't start studying yet. Again he did not knew her name, like the orher girl, the Slytherin girl was also vaguely familiar but he did not knew her name but he wasn't about to let them know that.
Fake it till you make it, right?, he said to himself.

Amara was relieved that they let her stay and study with them. When she as about to sit next to the boy, some other girl joined them. ''Im Amara.'' she said with hope that others will introduce themselves. All she knew is Penny. ''So, are you ready for exams?'' she asked while readed her notes from others History lessons. Amara hoped that she is ready. And if she is not, Amara hoped that she is not the only one. Will it be as hard as she think it be? Or she just exaggerate...

"Gossip queen?" Penny laughed a little too loudly for the library, "No I'm not!" She said, denying the allegation. The laugh must have shown people that this was a fun table to sit at because two more people from their class joined them. Penny didn't mind the company. "Sure, although we aren't doing much in the way of work." Amara looked a little nervous so Penny gave her a warm smile and answered her question, "Ruben and I were just talking about exams, and nope not one bit ready for them."

Ruben couldn't help but laugh at Penny's reaction, he laughed quieter than her but his laugh couldn't be suppressed for much longer so he needed to calm down soon, if he lost control who knows how many time he could spend laughing. He had 'laugh attacks' sometimes, meaning he would laugh for five minutes straight without even being able to stop and the most unexpected things triggered his laugh attacks.
He looked at Amara "I don't think no one is truly ready. Especially because this is our first year and no one knows exactly how the exams are. I believe next year we'll be way more prepared for it but you can never truly know". After this answer the boy looked at his watch, it was still too soon for those kind of philosophical thoughts about being truly ready, he usually only had those thoughts later in the day when he was tired and his mind wandered off.

Amara started to like more and more this school. Almost everyone here was so nice and friendly. And the schools system was quite understandable. The boy whose name apparently is Ruben have some wise thoughts. Amara couldn't hold her smile."When I was in muggle school, there were more test than here, but usually more easyer then everyone thought before. I hope here is the same." Amara thought loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back