How to make friends without even trying

Napoleon Hawke

OOC First Name
Verity
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Prior to his arrival Napoleon had heard that Hogwarts was a big school but it wasn’t until he was actually there that it dawned on him exactly how big the castle was. It was gigantic with ever changing corridors which made it impossible for Napoleon to find his way. He continued down a long corridor in the hope that he would eventually find some form of life but he had been unsuccessful for at least half an hour now. Napoleon wasn’t afraid, he kept telling himself that if he continued to search he would eventually find another student... and he believed that right up until he came across a suit of armour for a third time. He investigated the armour to see if it was the same one he had already passed because if so, he had been walking round in circles all day.

He was standing behind the armour when he heard the footsteps of another student. He stood very still until he heard them draw ever closer then jumped out from behind the figure and screamed,
“Grahhh!!!!” He paused, ready to laugh at the reaction or be slightly embarrassed if he failed to scare her.

Isabella had been hopelessly trying to find the Ravenclaw common room for a while know. She felt like she was close but just a bit off. She figured she must have taken a wrong turn or staircase somewhere. Bella had been having a bit of trouble finding her away around Hogwarts from the get go, and the passwords to common-room forget about it. By the time someone told her they had changed the password it would be changed again already. It was hard to keep up in a place like this, but she was up to the challenge. Just as Bella was thinking she needed to turn around she thought she saw something move up ahead. All she saw was a suit of armor, but she was sure of it now something had been there.

She continued ahead and jumped a bit when a boy jumped out from behind the armor. "That was a good one, hiding behind the suit of armor. For a second there I thought it was the suit itself that was moving." She laughed a bit. "You never know in this place." Bella said making a big sweeping motion. She denied it all the time but she couldn't help but talk with her hands just like all the other Italians she knew. It just helped her to express what was on her mind.

Napoleon hesitated for a moment, was this girl being sarcastic or what? Personally he believed that hiding behind a suit of armour was very creative, had he had more time he would have climbed inside the suit and attempted to scare the girl even more. Deciding that she wasn’t being sarcastic, he laughed along with her, after all he had managed to scare her a little bit. “Yeah that’s true, this place is rigged with booby traps and enchanted objects.” Napoleon looked around to see if he could spot any.

“I’m Napoleon, what’s your name?” He asked, “Are you lost by any chance? I think I’ve been walking around in circles for the past thirty minutes, can’t seem to find my way.”

Isabella nodded about what he said, enchanted objects and all the portraits could talk after all. "I'm Isabella, but you can call me anything really Izzy, Bella, Belle. I think Isabella is a bit too formal." This was along the same lines of how Bella normally introduced herself, she liked people to know right off that they could nickname her. Her name just reminded her of her father and Italy and so many other things. Napoleon asked if she was lost and she grinned, "Yeah I must have messed up somewhere on my way to the tower, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one." Everyone said it was normal for first years to get lost but Bella wasn't so sure, a lot of other Ravenclaw's had it down pat and she was beginning to think it was just her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back