How many are there?

Nataliia Snow

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Wand
White Pine 14 1/4" Core of Veela Hair
It had to go without saying that Nataliia had gotten stronger in her legs and back. Nataliia was practically a whale. She held not one, not two, not three, but four babies in her stomach. Nataliia counted the months on her fingers, as she sat on a bed in the Snow Manor with her legs crossed and a purple gown over her body. Oh, she was seven months. Or was it six? Nataliia had read about people having triplets, which is what she thought she had, and some do not make it through the eighth month. And maybe some did not live. Oh that would break Nataliia's heart if one did not make it! Nataliia felt some pressure, but she dismissed it as a kick from one of the many babies.

But when it came again, Nataliia winced. Oh dear, this was not supposed to happen...was it? All of a sudden, an agonizing pain hit her in the stomach, and Nataliia cried out in pain. This was almost as bad as when she cried for Joseph. Nataliia did not know the Snow family member who came in to see who cried out in pain. Nataliia gasped, "Please...tell Alphonse that I went to the hospital. I think...I need him there..." Nataliia managed to put on her slippers, and apparate off before she felt another rush of pain. She collapsed on the hospital floor. She felt some healers help her onto a stretcher or something, and rush her into the room. The pain was so much, Nataliia faded in and out of consciousness. But she could hear the healers saying:

"Get her to the operating room!"
"One has the umbilical cord around the neck. We need to induce labor."
"We need to get them out as fast as possible. We are lucky we got that one woman and her baby done."
"Poor woman... We better hurry!"

So the birthing process began, and Nataliia might not even remember all of it.

Alphonse had been busy filling out papers that concerned some family business in his quiet office, he had a fire going in the fireplace and that was about the only light in his office at the time. He had been enjoying the pace and quiet that he managed to have for the first time in the longest while, due to his new wife, family, Nicolette, Death Eater business, and James lurking around, he barely had time for himself and his work. When there was an abrupt knock on his office door he lifted his head and waved his had to open the door, one of the branch Snow family members was standing in the doorway looking very alarmed. "Sir, Miss Nataliia has gone to the hospital, something appears to be wrong." His icy eyes narrowed and he dropped his quill, which caused the person to back off in shock, it was far too early for her to be in labor or anything right? Then again she was was supposed to be having more than one, and that was higher risk, which worried Alphonse not only for her but the safety of his children as well. With an agitated sigh he put his jacket on and placed his papers back in his folder, whether or not the family wanted him too, he was going to be there for the birth, he refused to miss his children being brought into the world, even if he didn't care for them.

"I'm going to the hospital, while I'm gone, Owl Nicolette and tell her she's in charge until I send word." Alphonse trusted her over his family members right now because she was an official member of the Snow's government, whether she was family or not. "Sir, we seem to be unable to contact her anywhere.", that meant that she was going to be pretty much impossible to find at this point. Finally getting fed up he appointed Anastasia in charge and apparated off to the Hospital. Once there he heard something he was not ready to hear, especially right now. "What?" He asked in a growl, one of the babies had the cord around it's neck and they needed to induce labor.

Inside the hospital he had to admit it was hard to look at Nataliia, she looked horrible at the moment but then again he couldn't blame her, Alphonse had sent word for her mother, in hopes that she would show up to be here with her daughter. He also put many family members on alert, this was a serious matter and Alphonse wasnt prepared to lose her or his children. "Nataliia...can you hear me?" He was unsure if she could hear him or not, but he wanted to check it she was okay enough to even speak.

Nataliia had her eyes closed. Her body felt numb, weak, and utterly helpless. Her head was against the pillows, and she was lying on her side. The labor was intense, and Nataliia could only recall one kid, before they had to drug her up and cause her not to feel or remember a thing. She heard a male’s voice, and she recognized it to be her respectful husbands. Silver eyes fluttered open, and she murmured, “Alphonse…” Her voice was terribly weak, and her breathing was extremely slow and heavy. Her fingers twitched, and she tried her best to sit up. Her hand ran through her blonde locks, just to make it neat just a bit.

The bed was up just enough to help Nataliia sit up fully. She glanced down and saw that her whale of a stomach was gone. She had her children. But where were they? A healer came in, and Nataliia immediately asked, “Where are they? Where are my babies? Are they okay?” Nataliia was only expecting two, or even three. The healer spoke in a loving tone, “They are perfect, Nataliia Snow. All four of them are healthy and alive. One of the boys almost died, but we managed to get him out safely.” The healer left to bring Nataliia her children. Nataliia’s widened silver eyes landed on Alphonse. “You gave me…four babies? Four pure-blood babies?” Nataliia managed a weak smile. She joked lightly, “So much for the dying pure-bloods now, Alphonse.”

Alphonse sighed as he watched the babies being brought in, when he first heard that there was four he felt ready to pass out, he had never heard of anyone in his family pulling off Quads before. "I suppose so, we could probably form our own army someday." Alphonse chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck before he rubbed Nataliia's cheek, affectionately and warmly, as if he was congratulating her on bringing four pure-bloods into the world, surely it was a proud day for the two of them and other pure-bloods around the Wizarding World. "Would you like to hold one...or two?" Seeing as there was four he thought they could each hold one, first the nurse softly he handed him one of the male babies, what the name was he was a bit unsure because they hadn't fully discussed the names for more than two of them, how had they seriously missed that?

"I'll hold one of them." Liyla's voice broke the silence of the room, as she stepped inside the room, her voice cold but filled with a warmth at the sight of daughter and grandchildren. She walked over to the nurse and held her out arms to receive one of the baby girls wrapped in a light pink blanket and smiled as she was placed in her arms. "Nataliia they are beautiful." She walked over to her daughter and bent down to kiss her forehead, she was so proud that four new pure-bloods were brought into the world today. Even with her cold heart, a smile crept onto her face she she smiled down at the little baby, it made her miss holding a little one. Which should change soon if everything goes alright.' Liyla decided she wouldn't reveal to her daughter that she was once again pregnant with one of Asparuh's children, this was her daughter's big day and she didn't want to take it away from her.

Raven followed her mother into the room, her green eyes piercing and her blonde hair cascading down her back. She looked more like a porcelain doll than an actual girl. She wore a white dress, and she stared over at her older sister. Without a smile, she took one of the babies. It was a boy, and she stared down at him, wrapped in a blanket. Her piercing green eyes landed on Alphonse, and she stared at him, as if piercing his soul with daggers, before they went back to the beautiful pure-blood baby in her arms. She held it like a mother, but this was just instinct. Mother is expecting another. I can only hope it is a girl. And not an idiot at that. Raven by no means thought that her father was a moron, as it would be suicide to think so. Raven continued to stand close to her mother, and her gaze loomed over to her sister once more.

Nataliia held the oldest of the baby girls, one with silver eyes, and she murmured, "Lucretia Cateline Snow." That was one of the names that she had chosen, but then again, she had also thought that she was only having two. Nataliia smiled at Alphonse, "You are holding...Jean Ivon Snow." Nataliia held her child close to her, wondering how Joanna was doing with her caretakers. "Katrina Lucille Snow and...Lucien Henri Snow." She turned her eyes toward Alphonse, "Is that fine with you?" Never would another Dragonov set foot in this world now. She was a Snow, and it was rather odd. She smiled at her mother holding Lucien, and Raven holding Katrina. Two babies had blue eyes, and the other two had silver. At least they could tell which girl and which boy who was who now, thanks to the genes.

Alphonse shifted the baby in his arms a little so he could make sure he held onto him tightly and wouldn't have any chance of dropping him, apparently Nataliia wanted his name to be Jean. All the the names she had chosen had a French origin to them and he could honestly say he was proud that she had chosen names he was more familiar with. "French names I see, I have no problem with them." He smiled and rocked his baby gently, he noticed their distinct eye colors as well, it was probably one of the first times that he noticed the pretty silver eye color that Nataliia had, they suited her very well.

"I suppose this means we mus go out shopping for more baby supplies as well?" He eyes her carefully, baby shopping was not an issue to him because he had done it many times before in the past, he would wait until Nataliia was well again to do so since the shopping was her strong point, but he would come along to assist. Thankfully the Snow Manor had plenty of extra rooms available for use..... glancing at Nataliia's mother and the young girl, he wondered if they were judging him like everyone else seemed to do at first.

Nataliia smiled weakly, feeling the rush of her operation take her. She just realized that she had to have her stomach split wide open to have the babies out. The healers came in, and ushered those who were not her husband to leave. Nataliia kept the baby cuddled with her, as her head fell against the pillow. “Yes, Alphonse,” Nataliia whispered, “We do…” Nataliia’s eyes closed, and it was not long before she went into a well-deserved sleep. Giving birth to one baby took a lot out of her the first time, but this was four babies, and Nataliia was exhausted. The drugs the healers gave her plus the subtle pain of her stomach was enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back