How could they do this?

Keira Kendall-White

Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2 Tail of Charmed Newt
Maybe the Library wasn't the best place for Keira to go. She was upset - obviously. She had just found out her parents weren't dead and they had left her outside to die. She was lucky to be alive.
She had also found out she had a presumably older sister, who had run away from home to meet Keira.
She couldn't stop the tears spurting from her eyes, but she still tried to hide away in the 'z' Section, where nobody usually went.

Keira's mind was spinning, and she didn't know what the hell to do. She couldn't leave Hogwarts now, it was her home. How would she meet Ashley. Did she want to meet her?
Of course you do, she told herself, wiping her eyes, clearing the path for more tears. She's your sister. Then she crumpled her face up.
Get a grip! But she couldn't. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't stop herself thinking about the fact her parents had thrown her out.

Keira wished she didn't exist. Maybe it would have been better that way, she told herself. Nobody would have had the worry about throwing her out, or telling her in eleven years time.
'Urgh!' She yelled suddenly, kicking a chair with all her might. Her hair flew everywhere, but she didn't push it back. What was the point in her being here? Why couldn't she just die?

Suddenly, she heard someone coming.

Ysobella had spent most of her days in the Library during her first year, and was going to continue doing just that. Belle liked books because they didn't expect anything of her, unlike other people. She hadn't made very many friends yet, but she didn't actually care. Aimee was mad at her for being in Slytherin, and hadn't talked to her sister for almost a year. Belle missed Aimee, but she didn't miss her sister as much as she would have a year ago.

Belle walked through the library, lightly running her fingers over the spines of the books. She came to the 'W' Section of the Library, and heard something. Being the extremely curious person she was, Belle walked towards the noise. She saw an unfamiliar girl, who was obviously upset. Belle wasn't the kind of person to ask obvious questions, so she didn't bother asking the girl if she was okay. "What's wrong?" she asked.

Keira looked up, and wiped her tearstained eyes. 'Nothing.' She wailed, and then buried her head in her lap again. She wanted to be alone, but she knew she'd do something stupid then. She tucked her knees up to her chest and sniffed. 'My parents left me.' She whispered, her voice trembling. It wasn't really aimed at the girl. 'They left me!' She said again, and then started sobbing. She shook her head - something she had been doing a lot lately. It was simply because she couldn't believe what had happened.

Keira looked up at the girl again. She wanted to scream, throw stuff at her, but she kept as calm as she could. She crumpled up her face and feebly threw a book in the girls direction. She didn't want to be mean. She was feeling the complete opposite inside.
Her mind began to spin again, and she felt like the room was spinning.

'No!' She yelled, thinking about her parents again. 'Why me?' Her throat began to hurt. Through her sobs, she presumed the girl would only just be able to make out what she was saying. 'Like you care!' She screamed to the girl, answering her question.

Belle blinked. She didn't really know what to do in this situation, so she didn't do anything. "My parents left me.", the younger girl said. Belle wondered if she meant that her parents sent her to boarding school, but somehow she didn't think anyone would be so upset. The first year reminded Belle of herself the year before. Belle had been screaming and crying about her own parents, so she understood a little of the other girl's pain.

"Contrary to what you're thinking, I do actually care." Belle said gently. "What's your name? I'm Belle."

Keira slowly looked up. 'Keira.' She whispered, wondering if she really did care. 'But nobody cares, how can you care?' She wailed, putting her head in her hands again.
The girl - Belle, she could see was only trying to help. She was glad someone was talking to her, but she didn't know what to say. Keira wanted to run away - Jump out of the highest window, but she couldn't.
'I'm scared.' She said truthfully, because she thought she might do something stupid to herself, or someone else. She had never felt like this before.

What am I going to do? She yelled at herself in her head. She didn't know. No way was she going to meet her sister. Or should she? She groaned, because she had thought of her sister again. She had always wanted a sister, but now she knew she had one, she didn't want to meet her. What if she was horrid? What if she didn't actually want to meet Keira, only make her feel bad?

Keira thought about it. Did Ashley write the letter because she loved Keira, or because she wanted to upset her? If it was option two, Keira was going to kill Ashley. And herself, too.

Belle thought about Keira's name for a second. She knew the name meant 'dark' and that it was a Gaelic name. Belle liked to find out name meaning of people. But, she wasn't sure Keira wanted to know her name meaning just now. Why did Belle care? She wasn't sure how to answer that. "Because I just do." she replied.

Belle tilted her head to one side, a little like an owl. She always did that when she didn't understand something. "Scared?" she asked. "Of what?" Belle wanted to find out what Keira was so worried about, then maybe she'd be able to help the younger girl.

It was Keira's turn not to know what to say. 'S...scared that...' She trembled. 'I'll do something.' She wailed unhelpfully.
'I want to... to...' She couldn't bring herself to say the words. She looked up, terrified, her eyes wide with anxiousness.
'Don't let me.' She whispered, another load of tears rampaging down her cheek.
She wished she hadn't said anything. What had she done? Now Belle would worry. She looked down and shut her eyes, her body going limp.

Keira hoped Belle knew what she meant. It was a little obvious. She was upset, angry, and obviously wished she wasn't here any more.
'NO!' She yelled suddenly, hair flailing, and then added 'LET ME GO!' , even though Belle wasn't touching her. She tried to stand up and barge past Belle.

Belle seriously wished she was better at understanding people. What do you do with an upset eleven year old? She cringed involuntarily when Keira started yelling. Belle took hold of Keira's wrist. "Keira." she said, looking into the girl's eyes. "Please calm down." Belle was a little worried that a librarian would hear Keira's screaming and kick them out of the library.

(Please read)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back