Hoping For a Meeting

Dominik Marinescu

OOC First Name
Katie
Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
New Zealand. The one place that Dominik thought he'd never return to after last year. He was keeping a bit of a low profile hoping that he wouldn't cross paths with anyone that might not take too well to his being there. Dom browsed a few shop windows, not really looking at the merchandise, but more so looking for someone. He knew that Rhyspa was now living in New Zealand and there was some part of him that was hoping that he'd run into her. They'd been writing each other quite a bit over the last few months which he had greatly enjoyed, though his best friend and once partner-in-crime had no idea of this and Dominik hoped to keep it that way for as long as possible.

Rhyspa walked down the street in Obsidian Harbor, window shopping for the day. Her mum was working and Callan didn't feel like coming along with her. She looked in the shops and they were all busy with Christmas shoppers. Rhyspa entered one of her favorite shops and began browsing around. She walked down one of the book aisles that held the classics; some of which she owned. Rhyspa peered at the dusty books, trying to find something she hadn't read and pulled out a copy of Emma by Jane Austen. As she turned around, she bumped into a much sturdier body than hers and the book and her other items toppled out of her hands.

Rhyspa looked up to apologize for her clumsiness and her mouth was agape. "Dom?" she whispered.

A small figure bumped right into Dominik which only caused him to stumble slightly. As he bent over to help the girl pick up the books she'd dropped he heard her say his name. A wide half-grin half-smirk spread across his face when he realized that it was Rhyspa. He helped her gather up the things that she'd dropped and then held out his hand to help her up. "Well this is certainly a pleasant surprise! I was hoping I'd run into you, but I didn't think that we would literally run into each other," he said with a light chuckle.

Rhyspa grinned at Dominik and took his hand, "Thanks." Thoughts flew through Rhyspa's head as she looked at Dom. She couldn't believe he was here in New Zealand, and in front of her at that! "I never thought I would see you all the way down here!" she said with a smile. Rhyspa surveyed his face, he was still as cute as ever, if not cuter. "I'm glad that you did though; run into me, that is," she laughed. "How did you get here?" she asked him.

Giving her hand a gentle squeeze and holding onto it a little longer than necessary he said, "It's good to see you." Rhyspa looked every bit as beautiful as the day he'd met her. How could I have been such an ass to her? Dom thought with a twinge of guilt. He let go of her hand and tucked his own hands back into his pockets. "I managed to talk my parents into visiting here for Christmas holidays. Told them it's a hell of a lot warmer down here than it is at school." Dom replied as he continued to smile at Rhyspa. "How are things at school going?"

Rhyspa blushed slightly as Dom held her hand a little longer than someone helping another up normally would, but tired to ignore it. "I'm glad they let you come down," she smiled. Rhyspa seemed to smile a lot more than she had been lately; being around him made her feel good. "It is warm, but I kind of miss the snow back home in Ireland. I'm used to it now." She glanced down at her hands and the books that were cradled in them, trying not to sound stupid like she tends to around boys she likes.

"Schools good. I've got OWLs at the end of the year, and I'm really nervous," she confessed. "I've never failed anything and I'd rather OWLs not be the first." 'Spa smiled sheepishly and asked him, "What about you? How's Durmstrang?"

"I think I've had enough of the cold to last me for one lifetime. Might have to move to where the weather is warmer once I get done with school." he said casually. Over the last few months he'd been thinking about maybe moving to New Zealand when he graduated. It wouldn't make his parents happy, but after 17 years of trying to please them he was wanting to do something for himself. The way that Rhyspa smiled at him made his face go warm and he desperately hoped that it hadn't gone red to betray how he was feeling right now.

"I'm sure you'll ace them. You're a smart girl. I've got faith in you!" he said stupidly and was secretly kicking himself in the butt for saying something so cheesy no matter how much he meant it. "It's school. After seven years it's become slightly tedious and to be honest I'm over it. I've grown slightly bored. I'd like to travel a bit when I get done, but I'm still indecisive about that." Dom added seriously.

After a moment of silence he looked at Rhyspa and asked, "You wanna take a walk with me?"

Rhyspa enjoyed listening to Dom talk. His accent was a lot different from what she was used to hearing. When he said he hoped to move to a warmer location, Rhyspa willed it to be New Zealand, an area closer to her. The girl smiled when he said she was smart, it was nice to be encouraged by someone she didn't talk to everyday. Rhyspa giggled when he added that last line about him having faith in her. "Glad to know that," she teased.

"Traveling sounds nice. I'm sure you would enjoy it," Rhyspa said. "I'd love to go abroad when I graduate. Preferably Italy or Spain, maybe," she said. She had a feeling he would love traveling, but if anything happened with them, she would hate for him to be away.

Rhyspa blushed and looked up at him and smiled, "I'd love to."

Dom gave his normal half-smirk half-smile when Rhyspa agreed to walk with him. "After you Miss Aireous!" he said with a cheesball grin on his face. They walked in silence for a few minutes and he managed to steal a few glances at her out of the corner of his eye. He was glad that she'd been forgiving enough to give him a second chance...definitely not something that he deserved by any means. "So how has Kat been? Does she still hate us?" he asked with genuine curiosity. He of course had made his peace with Katerina so to speak, but of course yet another thing that Nicolae had no clue of. It would all come out in time, but what was the point in pissing off his best friend since childhood...especially since they still had another term left together at school.

A smile was stuck on Rhyspa's face as she walked with Dominik. The warm air felt nice on her face and her skirt billowed slightly around her knees. "Kat's been good," Rhyspa said. "I don't know if she'll ever be willing to forgive Nic, he did far worse things than you. I think she might be willing to forgive you, even though you hurt her best friend." The last part of that Rhyspa said teasingly. Dom knew that Rhyspa had forgiven him and she put it in the past, rarely remembering it.

"How is that friends of your by the way?" Rhyspa asked. "Is he still an arrogant ass?"

Dom flinched when Rhyspa mentioned Kat might be willing to forgive him even though he had hurt her best friend. Even though he knew that she was joking with him he still felt sick with guilt over the events of last year, but like she had said Nic acted far worse than Dom had, but he himself had said some pretty hurtful and hateful things to several people. "Well maybe I'll bite the bullet and apologize to her. It's not like she doesn't deserve at least that." he said thoughtfully.

A snort managed to escape Dominik and he couldn't help but smirk when Rhyspa asked about Nicolae. "I don't really see much of him these days, but when I do see him he definitely has his moments. I'm wondering if he'll ever learn his lesson, but I'm just not so sure." He thought for a minute and then added, "He doesn't know that I'm here or that I've even been in contact with you. Still not too sure if he'll take this as a betrayal or not."

[Posting as Rhyspa]

Rhyspa felt a twinge of guilt for saying that to Dom, but grinned when he said he'd apologize to Kat. She had a feeling Kat would accept the apology, but part of her wasn't sure. "Thanks," Rhyspa said, a soft smile played upon her lips. A giggle escaped her lips when Dom snorted and did his half grin, half smirk. "That's attractive," she teased. Rhyspa didn't know what to think of Nicolae. She knew that she would never be able to trust him again, nor any person who acted like him. Rhyspa honestly hoped he would grow up and realize his mistakes, and soon. Although she couldn't stand the thought of Nic, Rhyspa would never consider telling Dom that he couldn't talk to him. She had a feeling that would blow over badly.

"Maybe he'll come to his senses?" Rhyspa said. "If he's your friend, he wouldn't see this, me and you, as betrayal. He'd want to see you happy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back