Hogwarts Weekly Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia Barker

Founder
First Issue

Hogwarts Weekly

Welcome readers to our first issue of the Hogwarts Weekly. I am proud to say, we will entertain our good readers with plenty of news and entertainment as well. My staff of students are proud to have joined such a group with great potential and with great charisma. So please do enjoy our newsletter as well.
                                                                       Yours Truly
                                                                   Maddiie Hollawarth

Interview
  with the Lovely Alicia Baker                                               By Maddiie Hollawarth

As you all know the headmistress for Hogwarts New Zealand is none other Alicia Barker. Born and raised in Scotland by a wealthy family, we wonder how the headmistress came about?
Alicia like the rest of us was accepted to Hogwarts, but she was accepted in the original one. There she was chosen to be in  house of Ravenclaw unlike her family who were all Slytherin like most of her pure family. As a student their she befriended the well known professor Snape. They were best friends, but no one knew of their friendship. She knew of Snapes secrets, all of his love for Lily, and even when he joined You-Know-Who. But Alicia, unlike us, knew that Snape was only joining for a purpose which I can’t recount.
After Hogwarts Alicia went on her own adventure. Which may have meant she traveled the world a bit until one day she settled upon New Zealand. This is were she purchased her castle, and felt lonesome after living in it for a couple of years.
That’s when she decided to take a trip to the regular Hogwarts. Where she met up with Dumbledore. He had a grand idea for her castle and that’s when the New Zealand Hogwarts was founded. A Branch of Hogwarts was formed, but Alicia was one of the first one open, were she slowly accepted students; and that’s how Hogwarts came about.

Attention: If you have question about anything, like in relationship, school problem, or anything in general. Please feel free to write to

Dear Molly, she will help you with any problem. You can even write anonymous. Thank You..............Maddiie Hollawarth

Entertainment
    By Rose Weasley

Emma Watson does "Ballet"

Emma Watson has been nominated for her performance of Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for the

National Movie Awards, which should be airing on Saturday, September 29.
However, her performances don't stop there.
It seems this Harry Potter movie star has a knack for playing characters in book-turned-movie films.
Watson is signed up for a role in an upcoming movie titled Ballet Shoes.
Watson states that she was planning to take time off after Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix but after reading the script of

Ballet Shoes, she was sold.
"I fell in love with Ballet Shoes. I couldn't let such an amazing project go," Watson wrote on her official website,

www.emmawatsonofficial.com.
Ballet Shoes is the classic novel of three orphaned sisters who get adopted and raised by an "eccentric explorer" written by Noel

Streatfield in 1936.
Watson is scripted to play Pauline, one of three adopted orphans. Watson described Pauline as being "misunderstood" but felt like she can relate to her.
A TV source once said, "Emma was practically born for this role."
Watson has already dyed her hair blonde and started ballet training for this role.
The shooting for this film has already began this month but news of the release date is still unknown.
One thing is for sure, Watson is excited and ready to take on a new role.
Attention: Anyone who writes poetry, short stories, jokes even can submitted them to me, I will chose weekly a poem or joke to publish in the Hogwarts Weekly
Coming Soon: Muggle and Wizards Sports

Second Issue</COLOR><i></i>

Rhyspa Aireous
Columnist

People ask questions everyday, yet they don't always have someone to ask about the question. Most people want an answer immeadiatley, some don't; they ponder the question frequently. Well, I'm telling you, if you've got a question about anything, just send me an owl and I'll try and help you in the News Paper!

Here are some questions that have been asked:

Q: How do classes work?
A: Well, the classes are pretty easy. All you have to do is pay attention and do the work. Really study for your exams, they're very important!

Q: How do I buy my things?
A: Get your list and go to the stores. The assistants and shop keepers are helpful and they love it when you haggle!

Q: When should I have them by?
A: It doesn't really matter when you have them by, just get them as soon as you can. It's a lot easier!

<COLOR color="blue">
Sam Britton
School News Section

The Daily Prophet tells you about what is going around in the wizarding world, but what about what is going on at Hogwarts? That is why the school newspaper has a special place just for that!

Now what to begin with? How about the Student Club area? Hogwarts has a new club called the Friend Frinder Club. This club is for those of you who haven't met alot of people and want to get to know more people and make new friends. As you know there are some groups here at school that aren't well that active, if you could call it that. Some of our groups that haven't been doing that much are now taking new members in! A couple of those are: Wizard Rockers, or we should adress them by their new name Wrock Group! If you are interested in music I greatly encourage you to join that group, you will have lots of fun, if you are interested in joining this group then contact Hilary Grace. Another group that is taking in new members is Exploration Club, this group is mainly about well exploring. Ask yourself this, Do you like to go places new?, if you answered yes to this question then you might want to think about  this group. If you are interested in joining please contact their leader, Patrick Britton. Now some of you may be asking yourself, What happened to Dumbledore's Army?, if some of you thought that that group was no more I have news for you, you are wrong! The club, Dumbledore's Army simply changed their name to; Student's Defence Association.The Wild Patch Club, is also taking in new recruits to join them in their growing of plants and learning about them and stuff like that. If Herbology seems to interest you, then you might like to join The Wild Patch Club, this group is lead by none other than Professor Cecily Rambolt, contact her if you wish to join. Most everyone in the school like to play Quidditch, but what about those who are new to the wizarding world? They have probably never even heard of Quidditch, they have only heard of muggle sports such as: soccer, baseball, football, volleyball, tennis, basketball, softball, etc. etc. If you don't know anything about Quidditch, or you haven't even heard of it, and you like to play muggle sports, even if you grew up in the wizarding world, but still like to play muggle sports I suggest you join The Muggle Sports Club! If interested please contact Keira Kingsley. Last but not least is,  There is also the Fashion Research and Design Club which does hair, make-up and clothes desiging, if your into that kind of thing please contact Caysi Finnigan.

Moving on to the next subject; Events. For starters we have the the Wheel Barrow Race that the Wild Patch Club held. The race was a great success alot of students enjoyed that. There where also some shopkeepers there to with booths set up, they even had discounts on some of their things. Even some of the Professor's had fun! Next in our list is the Halloween Feast, that was one fun night to. Everyone's customes' where great! One or two of the Professor's even dressed up! Professor Rambolt really got into the spirit by dressing up as a giant pumpkin!I hope she didn't feel offended while she saw the students eating pumpkin pie. Here are the list of students and Professor's that where rewarded for their great costumes:

Winner for The Funniest Costume was: Bruin Dumbledez.
Winners for Most Creative Costume where: Lily Potter and Blake Zepline.
Winner for The Cutest Costume was: Professor Cecily Rambolt.
Winner for The Scariest Costume was: Katrina Redding.
and the Winner for The Best Costume was: Professor Nicolas King.

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Next on the list is the Yule Ball. This event was really enjoyed by most everyone. This was also a great event, even those without a date to the dance enjoyed it! If you missed it, then you missed a great Ball. Some students even got to meet a couple of new professors. Now that I mentioned new professor's ,the staff of the Hogwarts Monthly would like to welcome, Professor Gabriel Lloyd and Professor Belladonna Weiss. Professor Lloyd is the new Charms professor here at Hogwarts, have any of you noticed that we have had alot of new Charms Professor's?!? Some of them don't really last that long, but hopefully this one will stay here for years and years to come. On the other hand Professor Weiss is the new Muggle Studies professor, of course only the Third Year students are going to be able to take her course,but no worries the rest of you will eventually have the opportunity to take it. Good luck Professor Lloyd and Professor Weiss! Good luck to the rest of the Professor's too!

The last thing on the list is the house points. Coming in in first place so far is Ravenclaw,with 5,054 points! Second place so far goes to Slytherin, with 4,138 points! Third place so far goes to Gryffindor, with 3,717 points! Fourth place so far into the school year goes to Hufflepuff, with 3,286 points! Congratulation to Ravenclaw for having earned the most house points so far into the school year. Everyone is also doing a fantastic job! Keep up the good work!

That brings the end to the School News, the Hogwarts Monthly staff will make sure to keep you updated with anything that goes around the school! Have a great day!

The Life and Times of the Golden Snitch

The Golden Snitch started life with meager means.  One day he was a piece of gold lying peacefully around the neck of his maker’s wife.  The next he was fluttering about the back yard with his new round body and shiny white wings.  Being the first Golden Snitch should have been an easy existence.  Sad to say, it wasn’t.

He got his first shot at a game called Quidditch.  He loved the game.  The roaring crowd was so happy to see him.  He didn’t particularly like being squished when someone called the Seeker caught him but he loved the roar of that crowd.  He spent many years with the same team before living in one building or the next.  Those were the odd years.  He still sneezed thinking about all the dust.

Then came the day he played his last game.  If he’d known that he sure wouldn’t have been caught so quickly.  But he thought it was what the crowd of fans wanted.  His new team didn’t think that.  The Quaffle sneered at him and the Bludgers caught him behind the stands.  His right wing never did fully heal from that ordeal.

So he was left to his own.  He fluttered away and wasn’t seen by human eyes for many years.  Not until the day he’d gone too deep into a forest and some man with a hooked nose found him.  He didn’t look like he played much Quidditch.  Not with that scowl on his face.  The man took care of him though.  Took him to a right nice castle full of people.  Fixed his wing.  Didn’t make him play Quidditch though.  Maybe the man knew he just wasn’t ready.

One night he was stolen from the man’s office.  Right off his desk.  It made the Golden Snitch and the man very angry.  Especially when he was made to play that awful game again.  He soared through the crowds and fluttered by the players ears.  He made sure to give them an extra whack with his wing.  He wasn’t caught until some boy with glasses plucked him straight out of the air.  With his mouth!  That was the oddest game he’d ever been in.

Thankfully the man kept him after a game he refereed.  But the Golden Snitch didn’t stay with the man.  He was parceled and flown by owl post.  When he was unwrapped he looked up at his newest owner.  She was a handsome woman with sad eyes.  He was apprehensive at first.  He thought she’d make him play.  Instead she smiled at him and set him on her desk.

He stayed there until the noise of the running children outside became too much.  He could see the goal posts outside in the field.  His wings started to flutter again.  Maybe it was time to play.  Just maybe.

-Treehugger

Third Issue<i></i>

The Garden-
written by: Maddiie Hollawarth

A new part of the school structure the Garden was open in the beginning of the year. I was pleased when I heard they was building a garden at the school, it was going to be a perfect place to relax I though when I pictured it in my mind. When it did open, I was right, beautiful filled with all types of plant, and the walk way. It was breath taking if you can say the least. I never knew so much beauty can come from just plants. I took my first stroll walking around, as a crystal clear path way lead me to certain area. The funs hue was very peaceful as I walked along. The Garden itself took an amount of large space, but to much to cover the space that was already there.. There was different sorts of flower,

One of the flower that stand out the most I would say were the pohutukawa red flowers. Its vibrant colors reminds you of a red fire, but when you touch its petal its so warm and fuzzy in your hand. They stand out so much you can seem, that you may spot them from the lake.Another sort that stands out would be Kowhai, if you do not know this flower is New Zealand national flower. Its is famous for its golden vibe color, They sort of look like yellow bats handing down, or like a bunch of bananas from far way. They are very pretty, but you really don't want to have them near you because its nectar is food for the local pigeons. You can tell they have worked so hard on the garden, very impressed by the maze like bush.

As I finish my tour, there lot more I let out. This garden was very well made, and if I don't convince you, come check it out for yourself. It is a place were you can read, daydream, do anything you like here. Except disturb it of course, as I finished this off I give this place in O. I would not lie as I write this, after all I am the critic. As always Maddiie Hollawarth reporting from the Garden. .

HALLOWEEN FEAST!
By: Brian Getathorn XIX
November, 7th 2019

Halloween this year was one of many great events that the students of Hogwarts have enjoyed so far, many things occured during this exciting night of mischief and terror as the Gryffindors got together to play games, meanwhile a few Ravenclaws sat and chatted about school work and other related events.

The Costumes were ones that had never been seen in previous years largely due to the new inventive students as well as old that have decided to spice up the night. We saw Scary Costumes, Cute Costumes, Themed Costumes as well as some orginal Costumes that have been around and probably still be around since before any of us were born.

The Candy was spectatcular as well as the Pumpkins that the First Years grew with the help of the magically proficient Hebologist Professor Cecily Rambolt. From what I witnessed, the Professor as well as her students really outdid themselves this year, young Andromeda Fiorelli is said to have grown quite a large Pumpkin in her own right, Not giving her any extra help are you Professor?

As always Awards were passed out to those who were deemed worthy, Miss Athene Perthro, 2nd Year Slytherin won scariest costume for her... well scary whatever thing it was, It truly scared the you know what out of a few students when they first saw such a delightfully Halloweeny costume coming from the Dungeons.

The Best Costume Award would have to go to Ana-Cole Smith for her Bat Lady Costume, it was truly one for the history books as she had wings on her head while dressing in an outfit that would make a few mother shout and a few fathers blush like Catholic School Girls on a Sunday Morning, yet it was very creative and interesting to watch.

Ellie Sparks won the Cutest Costume Award for being a Sheep, maybe Little'Bo Peep's sheep maybe not but you know you just wanted her to sit down for a moment so you could place you head on that soft pillow like costume of her's. Makes me wonder if she still has it, Exams are coming up and I'm sure to want it for sleep!

Hannah, Hilde, and Heidi Lindstrom had the most Creative Costume Award for their matching costumes, I think they were the Sailor Scouts though they could've been another set of Japanese School Girls fighting to save the World from evil aliens in High Heels. Cute yet funny, I wonder if they dress alike every year? if so then we're in for quite a few different sets of costumes, might I recomend Charlie's Angels for next Year?

Finally the Funniest Award went to Courtney Potter, who showed up dressed like America's greatest hero G.I. Joe/Jane for gender purposes. It was quite a sight to behold seeing her in her green outfit and hair up like that, you didn't know if she was there to wage war or eat some candy.

All in All Halloween night was a huge sucess, as for one night all the light is turned out and everyone where's their masks or outfit and step into the unknown even if it changes their life forever.

Quidditch at HNZ
written by: Hilary Grace

For the past three years of the school I have personally changed teams about 6 times, just because of how it all seemed to work out. We went from three club teams, to two club teams, which switch captains then meshed together to make them even. Then we went from two club teams to four house teams, which switched around emensely and then ended up in three club teams. This year once again they are using the idea of house teams which seems to be working a little bit better.

Basically the way it's working is that each house: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin is creating and running their own Quidditch team. Each team has a captain that was selected by the headmistress for their contributions to Quidditch and the school. This years captains are Bruin Dumbledez for Gryffindor, Courtney Potter for Ravenclaw, Ford Harkonnen for Slytherin and Maddiie Hollaworth for Hufflepuff. Most teams are currently in the process of finding their members and alternates to represent their house in the games leading up to the Quidditch Cup Final!

Being an outdoorsy type person, I'll have to say that I had seen plenty of people using the pitch this year for flying practice and such. As an experienced member of Quidditch I would like to say though, watch what you are doing. As the years have been going along I have seen quite a few injuries, many of which have happened on the Quidditch pitch so PLEASE BE CAREFUL!! Don't just randomly decide that you can do a triple backflip barrelroll through the goal hoop and still land on your broom, there are quite a few people in the school who can show you a little safer how to tricks.

So that's me about done but just remember:
Brooms are fun, Flying is funner, but playing Quidditch is the funnest of all.

Student Life
written by: Violet Bellamy

Since commencing my wizarding education at Hogwarts in September, I have made various observations about schooling life. The first, and I must say, most damaging observation is that house pride is rampant in Hogwarts.

Do not get me wrong, dear readers. I love the fact that we are proud of the houses we are placed in. I am certainly very proud of the fact that I am a Hufflepuff, and I hope I live up to the expectation of being kind and fair.

But what I am referring to is the house rivalries and negative connetations that come with being placed in to a house.

Let me make this clear: I do not believe Slytherins are 'evil', and that Gryffindors are 'good'. This good versus evil dichotomy, I believe, has no place within the walls of this fine institution. More to the point, there is no such thing as somebody who can embody only 'good' or 'evil'. There is a mixture of each trait within each of us.

We should not allow our view of other people in other houses to be tainted by rivalries that, may I remind you, readers, were highlighted during the time of the Dark Lord Voldemort, a former Slytherin student. The fact that he and his followers were all Slytherins seems to give those from other houses the ammunition, so to speak, to have negative feelings towards the Slytherins. Feelings that are completely unfair and unjustified.

It is much the same with other houses. I could wager that many readers view Hufflepuffs as stupid, or as the 'dud' house, because the qualities they embody are those of kindness and fairness to everybody. Because Hufflepuffs aren't brave, like Gryffindors, or ambitious, like Slytherins, or witty and intelligent, like Ravenclaws, they must be failures. This is a completely blind viewpoint, and completely false.

I am in Hufflepuff, and I am proud of that. I like to believe that I am kind and friendly to others, and don't discriminate. I also am ambitious, intelligent (or so I hope), and brave and just.

Yes, each house has their own qualities that set them apart from the others. That does not make them better or worse than the others. Nor does it mean that a member of one house can't embody the traits held by the other houses.

I, for one, think that it is time for us to see past the colours of our houses and the crests on our robes, and to see the members of other houses as people, not as our enemies. Friendship between those from different groups is the most powerful magic of all.

Fashion at Hogwarts
written by Aisyah Aminuddin

Today I am writing a very special fashion-based entry. Hopefully if you're not dumb as a flobberworm you can use this information to actually help you in your life. Anyway, the topic of this entry is Muggle fashion. Being a muggle-born, i know everything about muggle fashion. Fashion is very important. It is arguable that one of the most important things in your life, since you have to be mindful of it every single day in order not to look like a slob and therefore a social reject. In the muggle world fashion is like this huge industry and there are all of these magazines and things you can buy to make sure your you're keeping up with it. If you don't keep up with it then you look completely outdated and therefore weird and no one will want to have anything to do with you.

So in order to help Hogwarts students so they don't become completely rejected from society (which sadly, some of you will probably continue to do even after this entry). I've decided to provide good and bad examples of the different aspects of fashion, including categories like hair, coordination, makeup, poise, appropriateness to body-type, and trendiness. Only instead of just using random people no one cares about, I've decided to use examples of actual Hogwarts New Zealand students. That way, you can all learn from your well-dressed peers.

Also as you might notice, I'm doing women's fashion for a few articles in the future because they have the more categories to think about and it gets screwed up easier than men's fashion. This is not to say it's hard to screw up men's fashion because it can, and is screwed up and on a daily basis here at HNZ. But girls at are a greater risk of screwing up the way they look because they need to look pretty they have more things to worry about.

To show you what good fashion is first, I'll show you the best-dressed people in our school. Everything is by the way supplemented with muggle photographs so you can see all of the things I'm pointing out just in case you were totally blind the last five or six years and couldn't see this for yourselves.

First let's start with the importance of trendiness. Like I said before, keeping up with fashion trends is very important. This is because fashion is continually always changing and trying new things, and you need to be, too. It's a part of life. The best example of a person I could find who takes this to heart is the lovely Harriet Turner, who happens to be a good friend of mine.

18.jpg

Let's look at what Harriet is doing in this photograph. In honor of the winter season Harriet is wearing a cute blue sweater. This means she is following a seasonal trend. Sweaters are not always in vogue during the winter, but when they are it is totally cute to wear them to keep you warm. Harriet is also wearing blue jeans, which appears to be a generational trend. That means our generation totally brought them into high fashion, and they're their they're going to remain there for a long time.

Bringing all the colors of your outfit together is also something extremely important to the way you dress, which brings us to the next example. Kasey Carla expertly coordinates her outfits using matching colors, as you can see in this picture:

normal_emily06.jpg

Let me give you one more tip my dear readers - Accessories are helpful in many different situations. For example, if you had an outfit that was really plain because it was all one color, you could add in a necklace and a few bracelets for a splash of flavor. And then if you had an outfit that was two very different colours, you could add in accessories to force them to match. You need to be aggressive with your fashion - don't be afraid to try something new!

Another thing you need to keep in mind when you're putting together an outfit -and buying clothes- is to know what kinds of clothes are best for your body type. If you know what is appropriate than then your clothes can emphasize all the good things about your figure and downplay the things you don't like as much. Take for example the stunning Rhyspa Aireous:

anna8.jpg

Now it may seem unfair to use a girl who already has an excellent figure, but even if your figure sucks you can still look all right if you dress appropriately for your body type. For example, let's take a look at Rhyspa's clothes in this photograph. She's wearing a close-fitting white shirt that has a small v-cut at the neckline, which emphasizes the shape of her bust. Fortunately Rhyspa is clearly not lacking in that department so she has nothing to worry about! Over it she has a gorgeous button-up blouse that closes in around the middle and then flows out like a dress at the bottom. It has the same slimming effect that a grown tries to accomplish (not that Rhyspa needs it!) but it's much more wearable on a daily basis.

To go along with bodytype is always POISE. Poise is extremely important to fashion. Have you ever seen a fashion model who didn't stand straight and confidently? Of course not, it would make the clothes look bad! I've singled out Andomeda Fiorelli for possessing this in important quality.

AlysonHannigan16.jpg

See how the way she stands totally makes her  look even better on her than it would on anyone else. If you've ever looked at Andromeda Fiorelli and wondered why she looks better than you in stuff, it's probably because she's got more poise.

Of course, "poise" means more than just not slouching all the time. You need a lot of confidence in yourself to carry yourself with poise. You also need to be coordinated and walk gracefully. Stomping around in boots is not considered graceful, just for those of you who don't know. You also can't be clumsy. Building muscle is a good way to have better poise - not lots of muscle, just a little bit. You won't look like a man.

Also you need to keep in mind that your hairstyle should change with your outfit. If you are wearing a simple, classy outfit and don't want to overwhelm it with your hair, try a simple up-do. If you want to make your hair the focal point of your ensemble ensemble you should try loose curls with your hair down. There are a million ways to do your hair and they would be very hard to list here. If you ever need help you should totally ask me or even one of these best-dressed girls.

selena_gomez_1213286566.jpg

So how does Ellie Sparks get her hair like that? Well, most of it is probably that she was born with great hair. Sorry, people. However there are a lot of brilliant hair products out there that you can use - the trick is knowing which ones. Hair should also never be brushed too much. That causes frizziness, too much volume, and split ends. Once your hair is not tangled anymore, stop. You should also get it trimmed every so often. And unless you know exactly what your you're doing, never cut it yourself.

What's almost as important as hair is makeup. Makeup can add just as much flavor to your outfit as your hair and clothes can. Someone who's makeup is always superb is my good friend Lily Potter.

BOY_25.jpg

In the photograph it's a little hard to see exactly what she has on, but I can tell that the lipstick is matte and neutral-colored. That means she's going for a natural look rather than a bold one. Makeup usually fits into one of those categories--natural or bold. It should be fairly obvious to you when you should do either, depending on your outfit. It looks like she has matte powder, too, to prevent oily spots (even though she has a practically flawless complexion) and of course there's a hint of mascara. Blonds typically need at least some mascara, since they're eyelashes are usually pale. Girls with darker hair should use it sparingly less.

Also, makeup should always match the rest of your outfit. Just because it doesn't seem like it's part of the rest of your ensemble because it's on your face doesn't mean that it isn't.

Mistakes that alot of girls make with their makeup:
- TOO MUCH. Blush, eyeliner, foundation, and mascara in particular. You WILL look like a slag.
- Bad lipstick colors. If you're pale-skinned, deep red is going to make you look like a vampire.
- Foundation lines. That makes you look shaggy too. Just blend them in, its not that hard.
- Eyebrows trimmed WAY TOO MUCH. THAT makes you look like an alien.
- Blush in the wrong spot. Put it along your cheekbones, and not in little circles on the front of your face.

Well, that's all for now folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back