Hogwarts needs more explosions

Hemi Te Rua

OOC First Name
Ru
Wand
Curved 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Hemi sat engrosed in the magical equivalent of a gossip mag. He had no interest in which witch was secretly dating who, or what Quidditch player had a few too many firewhiskies on the weekend and made bad choices. Hemi was engrossed in just one article entitled 'Top 10 Hottest Hex Tips'.

He read the introduction;
Hottest Hex Tips said:
‘From the fast footwork to correct casting, our hexperts reveal their hottest tips to aid the budding duelers of 2039’

Tip 1: Footwork... a witch requires steady, balanced footing, whilst remaining agile enough to block or dodge hexs her opponent may cast.

Tip 2: Casting... she should hold her wand at a 90 degree angle with a firm but not tight hold as this allows for quicker, slicker spell-work.

Tip :cry: Accuracy... Recent studies suggest that maintaining eye contact with her target can improve accuracy anything from 75 to 100%.

The article listed seven more tips but my muse died Hemi only required the first three to get started. He stood up, took position and withdrew his wand. Following the steps listed he pointed his wand at a desk since he had no opponent.

"Stupify!"

There was a loud bang which echoed around the room as the desk Hemi had used for target practice exploded quite suddenly. He jumped back, speachless, "What - the!? Wasn't stupify a stunning spell? Not an exploding one! At least it had been when Styx taught them the spell in their last class.

It was already well into first term, yet nothing that exciting had happened to Jezebel do Angelo. She'd heard of deadly tree races, fights in the great hall, and pranks in the dungeons, but she hadn't been around for any of the excitement. She supposed it was just her luck, but she wasn't going to give up now. wandering the second floor corridor, she found herself in an unfamiliar place with an interesting looking door in front of her. Not stopping to think, she opened it, and stepped in to find what appeared to be an abandoned classroom. Except it wasn't completely abandoned, as she witnessed a boy attempt a stunning spell. It didn't work so well, and Jezebel couldn't help but laugh as his practice target, seemingly a dusty old desk, was violently blown apart. Nearing the scene, she thought she recognized the boy as Hemi. He was in her house by his robes, and from what she could see, looked like him. "Glad that wasn't me," She said with a grin.
"And while I didn't expect that would happen, I think I know why the spell didn't work. You see, you pronounce Stupefy with more of an "eh" sound." She said smiling, hoping she wasn't coming off as snobby.

Picking up a piece of shattered desk Hemi tried to somehow attach it to another splint but it was pointless. He needed that fixing spell to repair the mess, which he hadn't learnt yet. He abruptly dropped the pieces back on the floor upon realising he had company.

"Hey Bell! How are you?" He knew Jezebel, she had joined him in sliding down the staircase from the girls dorm. Although he knew very little about her, he thought she might be a laugh.

"Oh right!" Hemi thought he had been saying it like that but was prepared to take on board the feedback. "Stupehfy!" This time he pointed his wand at a chair which exploded with a loud bang just as the desk had. "Hmm, I don't know why its exploding, maybe because its a chair, not a person, so can't be stunned?" He theorised. "Blowing furnature up is kinda fun though!"

As fun as blowing furnature up was, it defeated the object of Hemi becoming a Hexpert. He needed a real opponent to practice on and Jezebel's arrival gave him an idea. "Do you want to practice the spells Professor Styx taught us on each other? I promise I won't blow you up!"

Jezebel smiled, it was Hemi. The wild fellow Gryffindor she'd met at the stairs to the girls' dormitories. She looked back on the memory fondly, and gave Hemi a friendly wave. Jezebel was jovial to see he remembered her as well, and he even knew to call her by her preferred name.

She tilted one head to the side as his stunning spell now blew up a chair. "I never thought of that, but I agree with you completely! She said with a nod, as Hemi gave his thoughts on why the furniture was exploding.

She walked further in the room, and scrutinised the damage dealt to the desk and chair. She grinned broadly when the boy announced a perfectly good idea. "Nothing would suit me better." She said with an amused look, and she withdrew her wand from her robes. "Should I start us off, or do you want to do it?" She asked trying to be polite.

Hemi didn't dwell on how he had just blown up two pieces of school furniture. He couldn't do anything to fix them and it didn't matter anyway, the classroom was long since abandoned and unlikely to cause any inconveniencesfor future classes.

He grinned when Bell agreed to practice the spell on each other. He thought she might not be interested after witnessed the destruction Hemi was capable of. "Ladies first" He gestured for her to begin. He wasn't usually one to say such a cheesy line but shrugged it off. "Ready when you are!" He held his wand ready to cast his protection when the time came.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back