• HNZ final community signature
    HNZ is now in read-only mode
    After years of stories, friendship, and shared history, HNZ has entered its archive era.
    Thank you to every member, professor, prefect, shopkeeper, club leader, GM, and admin who helped build this community.
    Read the closing announcement →
    Want to stay connected? Find fellow members here →

Highlights

Messages
17
OOC First Name
Sammy
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Well I was wondering how to add highlights to someones hair using GIMP. I know its probably its probably the simplest thing in the world but I can't seem to figure it out :shy: . Please help?
 
What sort of highlights did you want; Making the same colour hair lighter or altering the hair colour?
 
Use the 'Free Select Tool' to choose the part you want to alter. Then, go to Colours. You can either do a very obvious colour change by clicking on Colourise: This should bring up a menu saying Hue, Saturation and Lightness. Just mess around with these slider until you get what you want. Alternatively, you can select Colour Balance. Clicking this will bring up a menu saying Shadow, Midtones, Highlights, e.t.c. Again, just mess about with this until you get what you want. I find this one to be more realistic, colour wise. Also, you can alter saturation and so forth by clicking Hue Saturation.

I hope this makes some sense :p :)
 
Thank-you so much ^_^ Now i just have to practice not making the selections not look all square >.<
 
Back
Top