Heath and River

A

Anonymous

Heath walked down to the lakefront and took a quick look around to make sure River wasn't already waiting for him before sitting down under a big tree, today he was wearing the jersey/sweater of his favourite quidditch team, The Haileybury Hammers and blue jeans. He casually took his wand out of his pocket and examined it for a minute before deciding to practice a couple of charms. First he picked up the dirtiest rock he could find, pointed his wand at it and said "Scourgify!" the rock was instantly clean of all dirt, it was flat and round and pretty large. Next he placed the rock on a tree root, swished, flicked and said "Wingardium leviosa" the rock hovered inches off the ground and followed the movement of Heath's wand, when he was bored of this he dropped his concentration and the rock fell to the ground, Heath picked it up and decided to practice the marking charm, as he had missed that charms class. He pointed his wand at the rock and said "Inferius fur" a thin line of wispy vapour floated from the tip of his wand and wrapped itself around the rock, but no shape appeared, that was normal he guessed, what one of his friends had told him that the professor said that shapes were uncommon among first years. He tried again "Inferius fur" this time the substance that floated from his wand was thicker, almost solid, it wrapped itself around the rock and he could swear that a small green cat appeared on the flat top of the rock and yawned before fading into a light green mist that floated away towards the lake.

River walked down to the Lakefront, eager to meet with Heath. She was glad that she had decided to wear her pink sweater like shirt because it was quite chilly tonight. As she was walking towards him, she saw that Heath was practicing his charms. She quietly walked up behind him and whispered in his ear, "I think that it kind of looks like a green cat." She wanted to surprise him, and she thinks that she was successful.

Heath jumped in surprise when he heard a voice in his ear, but relaxed and smiled when he saw that it was River.

"Yeah, I wish I could make it last longer. How are you today?"

River laughed when Heath jumped, and sat down next to him on the grass. "I'm good, and it will get easier with practice. Personally I think it's pretty brilliant since you missed that class."

River looked out over the lake. "It's such a beautiful day. I can't believe how good it feels just to relax after these past two weeks. For awhile there I thought that my brain was going to explode."

River started playing with the grass; pulling it out blade by blade, and then picking the blades into tiny little pieces. This was a kind of nervous habit of hers. She did it anytime she wanted to say something but was to shy to.

Heath laughed and watched River for a moment, she seemed sort of nervous, as was he and he decided to keep talking so that it wouldn't get uncomfortable.

"It's great that we both made quidditch" he said "Too bad we can't be on the same team though, who's your favourite professional team?"

Feeling relieved that Heath had brought up something to talk about, River said, "Oh yeah, I meant to say Congratulations. I was hoping to be on your team," she blushed, "but I'm really excited that I made the team. My favorite professional Quidditch team is the Holyhead Harpies. What can I say, I'm such a girl," she laughed. "Glynnis Griffiths is my idol. She's an amazing seeker."

River had stopped picking the grass. "Who's your favorite team?"

"The Haileybury Hammers, you probably haven't heard of them, their from Ontario, so they're one of the only teams I can watch play" he said, looking into River's eyes.

He couldn't think of anything else to say, she was so beautiful, he wanted to kiss her but he thought it might be inappropriate, too soon he thought.

He snapped back to reality and looked away "So how's your marking charm coming? Got a shape yet?" he asked.

River couldn't take her eyes off of Heath when he was talking. He had some of the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen. "I believe that I've heard of them before, but I've never seen them play." She smiled when he looked at her. "Yeah, mine's a bunny."

River picked up a nearby rock and removed her wand from her pocket. She pointed her wand and said, "Infelicio Fur!" A bright pink almost opaque mist formed around her rock in the shape of a bunny. Well almost a bunny anyway. The front half was a definite bunny shape, but the back half was still slightly fuzzy. "Well, it's close to a bunny anyway," she said to Heath. As the mist disappeared, River put her wand back into her pocket; letting her hand rest on the ground right next to Heath's.

River looked out to the Lake again and said, "So, have you ever seen the Squid?"

"No" Heath replied "But I heard someone was attacked by it last week, have you seen it?"

He glanced over at River and saw that her hand was rested very close to his leg, and after a moment of deliberation, heart pounding wildly he slid his own hand under hers and held it firmly smiling a shy little smile at River.

River heart began beating very fast when Heath held her hand. She smiled back at him blushing. "Umm...I know you just asked me a question," she said forgetting everything except for them holding hands. River raced her brain. "Oh yeah, the squid. No, I haven't actually seen it, but I did hear that it attacked Maddiie the other week." She couldn't help but scoot closer to him since their holding hand so far apart was kind of akward. As she moved closer to him she had this huge corney smile on her face.

"So...how do you think you did on your exams?"

"Pretty good, I know I missed some in Potions" Heath said shrugging "How about you?"

He had never been more nervous, or more happy.

"I did really well. Most of the professor have already gotten back with me on my grades. I missed one on the potions exam, and I don't know how I've done on my DADA yet." She smiled at him and squeezed his hand, it was more of a nervous twitch, but she had hoped that he thought that she did it on purpose. "So have you joined any clubs?"

"Yeah, I joined the DA, but I don't think we're going to get to do much until later years, you?"

"I joined the dueling club, I figured that it would be a great way to practice what we learn in DADA, and I've joined the exploration club, because I'm a very curious person but I don't think that I would ever go to certain places here by myself." River shifted a little nervously and decided just to do what she wanted to. She gave a quick look to Heath, and then laid her head on his shoulder. She's never been so nervous.

Heath looked down at River's head on his shoulder and smiled to himself, he was so happy that she returned his feelings towards her.

"That's great" he said "I think I'll probably join the Dueling Club start of next year, I think I did pretty well in Defense Against The Dark arts this year and I'd like to put my skills to the test"

Relief and happiness swept over River when Heath hadn't nudged her off his shoulder. She could hardly believe that he like her. "Yeah, it seems like it's going to be really cool. We are doing a tournament, and my first duel is against my friend Kaela. It shouls be a good one." River watched as the sun set over the lake. "How beautiful," she said watching it.

Heath nodded his agreement before resting his head against River's. He had nothing left to say, he just closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment.

(Sorry I've been gone for soooo long, my computer has been out of commission for over a week)

River just sat close to Heath for a few moments. She couldn't believe how comfortable she felt with him. A slight frown formed on her face when she thought about leaving for home tomorrow morning for the summer. She didn't want to leave school or Heath. "So, what are you plans for summer?" she asked Heath.

((it's all good...no worries))

River went to scratch her head, and saw her watch. Before Heath could respond to her answer she jumped up and said, "Oh my god, look at the time! I'm so sorry, I have to go or I'll be late going home, and my family would kill me!" Without thinking of anything else, she started running towards the castle. Suddenly she thought, That was so rude. How stupid of me. I hope that he doesn't think that I was just trying to get away from him. River contemplated about turning around and apologizing to Heath, but she really was very late. River felt really bad and wished she hadn't left him like that.

((ooc: sorry, I just ended this topic since school is technically back in session))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back