Heath and River

A

Anonymous

Heath strolled down by the Lakefront and laughed when he spotted the tree where, two days before he had been twice injured by two of his best friends, then had one of those friends cursed by a Slytherine student, then given the first detention of the year, what a day that had been.

Now he walked closer to the water and sat down against a tree facing the lawn so that River could spot him when she came down.

He took his copy of "Quidditch Through the Ages" and started where he had left off.

River walked up to the Lakefront, and saw Heath sitting under a tree, reading a book. She walked up and sat down beside him.

"What are you reading?"

"Quidditch Through The Ages" he said, stowing the book in his pocket "How'd you like your meal earlier?"

"It was delicious. Thanks for going with me. I've tried my hand at Quidditch before, but I'm not that great at it. I just prefer to fly freely." River stared up at the sky.She pointed in the direction of a cloud, "That cloud looks kind of like a cat." She said with a smile.

Heath looked up "Yeah it does, hey you never got to meet my cat, I think she got scared and hid under the bed when you were in my room because she's kind of afraid of new people"

"Aw...you have a cat? What kind of cat and what's it's name?" River asked excitedly. She loved animals of all kinds. If it was up to her she'd probably have one of every kind of animal there is.

"I have a Northern Spotted owl, and her name is Selene."

"Her name's Maggie, she's persian" Heath said "Was Selene the owl that came into the restaurant or was that your parents'?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot that you've seen her already. Yeah, that was Selene."

River looked back from the sky to Heath, "So are you going to try out for the Quidditch team?"

Heath's face lit up, he got so excited just at the mention of quidditch "Definitely, I'm going to try out for Chaser" he said to River "I guess your not going to try out, huh?"

"I don't know. I might. I've just never been that good at it."

River gave Heath a wide smile. "Maybe if I try out you can help me practice?"

Heath smiled as wide as he could "Absolutely" he said "Do you have your own broom?"

River frowned slightly. "No, not yet. I was waiting to see if I was going to have extra money after buying all of my school things and my owl."

Smiling again, "I can go tomorrow and buy one though."

River moved so she could lay down on the cool grass under the tree. She layed there with her hands behind her head, looking up at the clouds again. "So, do you have any siblings?"

Heath copied River and laid down under the tree "Yeah I have an older sister, Sarah" he said "She'll be graduating this year, what about-" Heath looked at his watch and said "Oh no, I didn't know it had gotten so late, I really gotta go work on my homework if I wanna have any free time this weekend, can I meet you at the Quidditch Pitch tomorrow? Say noonish?" he walked with her back to the common room and wished her good night before retreating to the boy's dorm to do his homework and hoped that River wouldn't be upset that he had cut their meeting short so abruptly and looked forward to flying with her the next day.

ooc: Sorry, I have to go. See you at the Pitch tomorrow :)

ooc: it's alright...see you in the Pitch.

River looked at Heath's watch also. "Wow, how time flies when you're having fun," she said smiling. Heath and she walked back to the Hufflepuff Common Room where they wished each other good night, and she walked up to her dorm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back