Happily Never After

Sapphire Bookchild

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
OOCOut of Character:
Hey everyone. Some of you may have heard from Eden that I've left HNZ forever. Reasons for this can be asked on my Facebook or through Skype (Ask around, people have it) This is a series of shorts about what could have and may have happened with Sapphire Bookchild. I will make another one called 'Rivers of Fate' for Zazuka Getathorn and if there are any requests for others send them to me I will see what I can come up with. Hope anyone who reads enjoys and leads happy lives even if they don't read this. I will be using characters that are active now or were arctive at one point. If you have a problem with that PM me or message me on skype or facebook and I will see about editing them out.

See You Around

Jeremy Thorne was not having a good night. Life at St. Mungo’s was getting harder the further along he got in his training while his personal life was nearly nonexistent. Yes he kept in touch with a few of his Hogwarts friends but it wasn’t the same. He wanted... Well if truth be told he didn't know what he wanted. After taking in three chapters of the book he had just acquired he slipped into an uneasy sleep. It was early, merely 8:00 pm but he had a 4:00 am clock in time the next day and it would be two more days before he saw his own bed again. 16 – 24 hour shifts where murder but there was no rest for those who have life and death on their hands. Jeremy’s head hit the pillow and he was out, Jeremy dreamed.

What he was doing here he had no clue. He knew that he was taking a breath and that he was looking for someone. The north tower had always been a favorite spot for him to come and think. He saw that his favorite seat had been taken by a girl with vibrant tattoos across her skin and dressed in a black dress which ended just before her thigh started offering him a good look of how much she had developed over the years. He knew this girl she was who he had been looking for. Sapphire Bookchild just as he remembered her. “Hey there.” He said expelling a breath had not been aware he had been holding. “Hey.” She responded lifting her left shoulder like she usually did when she had been snapped out of though. “Thinking of coming back down?” He asked. The graduation party was going on still and he missed seeing her there even though he had only noticed a few moments before going up.

“There’s no room for me down there.” She said her voice heavy with emotion. He wondered what she meant and asked her so. She tried to distract him idle chatter but he wasn’t having it. She had a place down there, she had a place with him at his side she was his best friend after all. Sapphire got up from the window still and walked towards him. Jeremy watched her, his eyes following the curve of her waist and hips as they swayed naturally. It made him wonder why Sapphire had never gotten more male attention after she got her voice back. She was beautiful even with the large amounts of skin that was colored in. That only reflected the personality that she had, artistic and unique. Sapphire placed her hand on his cheek and kisses him gently. “There is no room for a girl who is in love with another girl’s boyfriend.” She whispered and slandered off. The words “See you around. Maybe.” Floated his way though he was too distracted by the last few moments to notice her movements. “See you.” He said softly then snapped out of it.

He raced down the corridors trying to find the minx in the black dress. He must have been there for longer than he thought because she was giving the password to the Hufflepuff dorm rooms when he caught up with her. He caught her arm and pulled her to him returning the kiss from before but with more passion ignoring the indignant sound that the portrait made. “There is no one else Sapph.” He whispered against her lips then crushed her to him again as she backed her up against a wall. He could tell that Sapphire had wanted to tell him something but he hadn’t given her time to do so. Just as well, there was nothing more important to him now other than making her understand how much he meant what he had said. His hands slid down the wonderful curves he had been admiring until he reached bare skin. He felt Sapphire’s hands sink into his hair and grasp the back of his neck, he heard her sweet sighs muffled against his lips as she kissed him back. He was about to slide his hands up the skirt of her dress when a loud screeching sound pierced ears and he realized this was a dream.

Groggy and still somehow tired, Jeremy rubbed the sleep from his eyes and yawned. He looked up at the wall clock that had been magically modified to have the alarm he head and saw that it indeed :cry:00 am. He kicked off his blankets and started to get ready for work all the while wondering what had been the meaning of his dream. He had never felt overly strongly for Sapphire, she had been of course is best and most constant friend but he had never seen her as anything more really. He had severed all contact with her after that day in the north tower so as not to hurt her more than he had already had. He hadn’t seen her or talked to her in years now though he had thought he had seen her once in Obesten Harbor only to find out that her hair style had at that time become a trend and the girl he had been following was someone else. By the time he was ready to leave he chalked it up to what he had been reading.

Sapphire had become a quite successful comic book artist and author. He knew this because some of the kids that came into pediatrics had her comic books on them. He had looked at one or two that had been left behind but he never bought copies himself because he still had the image of an adult to maintain. The novelizations had come out on the other hand where another story. He bought every single one of the books that had come out, wanting to support his friend even though they had fallen out. That and the novels where easier to explain than a grown wizard reading comic books. He found that he enjoyed the worlds Sapphire wove then again he always had. That had to be it. He had been reading the latest installment of The Adventures of Capitan James Silica “The Ballad of Billy Bones” before bed and of course the book had a small picture of Sapphire on the back jacket which had been pointing up when he put it down. Seeing that last image must have brought back the night they had said their final good bye and his sleeping mind must have twisted it. By the time he arrived at St. Mungo’s Jeremy had all but forgotten his dream.
Silent Screams

Fifteen year old Sapphire had survived her ordeal with in the walls of Bella-Donna Manor and had just had her heart shattered by the one who had unknowingly given her the strength to carry on through all the pain. She wondered the dungeons in an effort to collect herself so she could present a smiling face to the world that knew her. She chose a spot and let herself sink down to the floor then she put her flute to her lips and started to play a mournful tune. The corridor she had chosen to settle down in was very out of the way of normal travel to and from the dorms or the class rooms. She would leave her sorrow down here where no one could find it. Or so she thought. A tall, lanky figure with dark hair and piercing green eyes approached her. It had been a while since she had seen Silence though she had tried to keep up with what was going on with him. Sapphire had made a few more friends since meeting him but always kept him in mind. Daniel Gregory rarely left the dungeons if he could help it so Sapphire only saw him in class. She assumed that he took his meals in the kitchens because she didn’t even spot him in the Great Hall.

This secretive fellow seemed to have found her here though. Daniel sat down next to Sapphire and put his knees under his chin letting the music take him. Several bits of information seemed to go back and forth as she played rift after rift of a song she invented herself. “Where have you been?” “Around” “Have you missed me?” “Immensely” “I never see you.” “I’m always there, watching.” “Then I don’t see well enough.” “You’re just distracted.” “By?” “By him.” “How do you know about him?” “I know everything there is to know about you.” Daniel reached into his cloak pocket and took out a sheet of parchment which had what she had drawn for Morgan in it. Sapphire stopped playing and looked at him. He pointed at her overflowing book bag. Sapphire understood it to mean that she had dropped it. “I picked it up before anyone else could see it.” “Thank you.” “I will always look out for you.” Sapphire smiled brightly at him then picked up her flute and placed it against her lips to start playing again. Daniel placed his hand on the flute and Sapphire took it down. She looked into those deep green eyes was shocked at what she found there.

“I love you” “How long?” “Third year maybe fourth.” “You never told me.” “You weren't ready to listen.” “I’m listening now” “I know” “I love you too” Their lips met in a chaste kiss then Daniel put his hand out to her. Sapphire took it and intertwined her fingers with his. She drew closer to him and placed her head in his shoulder. Daniel kissed the top of her head then placed his chin onto of her head letting the stray curls tickle his nose. Daniel had always been there, in the shadows, watching her from the gloom. He had grown in magic, more over dark magic and was still growing. He had protected her as well as he could from those that bullied her the worst leaving only the least bad offenders there so as not to raise suspicion. All for her, for Sapphire, his light in the darkness. Sapphire had a guardian angel and she didn't even know it. He had become this for her when she too had unknowingly helped him.

In his darkest hour when he had reached the decision to end himself at the age of thirteen her smile came to his mind. More of Sapphire's light filtered through his darkness lifting it beacon in a sea nightmares. Since then he had taken it upon himself to watch over her. After a long time sitting there in a silence that was charged with more emotion than any cheesy daytime drama dialog could ever invoke bring Sapphire got up. It was getting late, she knew this because she was getting sleepy. Danial got up and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, his intention being to walk her to her dorm. She smiled up at him and directed him the way she came though she was sure he already knew. Like he knew some of what she had been through. That little bit was enough to fill Daniel with rage. He wanted to find this manor and take revenge for his angel but knew that he would be no match. Besides he was sure that Sapphire had something planned. He had seen that determined look on her face while she was talking to her friend.

They got strange looks from those that where left in the halls, stragglers from curfew. One because they had never seen really him before and two because not a moment ago Sapphire had been on the brink of tears now she was in the arms of a guy no one knew. They got the Hufflepuff common room and Sapphire kissed Daniel, her beloved Silence good night. Feeling as if he where on top of the world Daniel walked back to the Slytherin commons where he faded into his room leaving as much impression as he did before. Daniel had a talent for being forgotten as soon as he gone. This happened to everyone save one blue eyed girl who could not speak.

Mute W***r's Latest Conquest Rumor Has It read the next day along with a number of other nasty headlines about others in the school. Sapphire walked in to a number of her classmates snickering in her direction when she got the Great Hall. She looked around with brows knitted together. She had gotten dressed right and her curls where not that bad today. She took her seat and Kate passed her copy of the insulting gossip magazine. She saw the headline and paled. It described how she had seduced another boy just seconds after being turned down by Jeremy making her seem like she had planned to do so all along. Sapphire had never harbored feelings for Daniel before he had revealed that he them for her. It was then that she realized that she really did like him and in their silence she had gotten that he had always had feeling for her.

She scanned the Great Hall and saw yet again that Danial was no where in sight. She guessed when he was and left the hall with the paper in hand towards Kitchen. Sapphire found Daniel sitting at a counter with breakfast in front of him. She walked up to him and showed him the magazine. He read it and his face took on a violent shade of red. He ripped it in half and climbed off the chair. “Who wrote this?” “I don't know, no one does.” “I will kill them when I find them.” “You will not. Well not before anyone else does anyway.” “It doesn't bother you?” “Why should it? None of it is true.” “Your right.” “Ready for class?” “Yeah” She took his hand and walked towards their first class which they shared. In a way it was a show of defiance. So what if she had found someone else, someone who wanted her as much as she wanted them? So what if everyone was looking at her? It wasn't them who had noticed her before hand. It wasn't them who had helped her when no one else would. It wasn't them who heard her silent screams. Daniel had done that and would continue to hear her even if she never got her voice back. He would hear her and would always be there for her. It was just the two of them now together in their silent world.

Sixth year Sapphire got her voice back and couldn't have been happier. Daniel was there to congratulate her along with those that had stayed with her. RHI continued to slam her, saying this and that about her but she never listened. They where all lies. She had one truth that she loved Silence and Silence loved her. She was finally able to whisper the nickname into his ear. He looked at her and smiled so brilliantly now it was her who was comparing him to an angel. “My gem.” he whispered back, for the first time hearing his voice too. Her heart fluttered hearing it. They joined hands once more and faced the school. It was like this that they faced life in and after Hogwarts, hand in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back