Hanging...

Bradley Roberts

Bradley was walking through Bleak Street and was getting bored of just wandering around the old place. He sat down on a nearby bench and put his elbows to his knees and then rested his head on his hands. He looked around to see if anyone else was with him in the street.

Beginning to get cold, he folded his arms tightly. Bradley hated meeting new people, especially boys who see themselves as competition to him. But right now he almost wanted someone just to chat to at the moment. One more person meant a bit more warmth...

Ashton was on his way to the Silver snake for a drink. It was a little darker than usual and it was cold. He was only in some denim trousers and a shirt, but he wasnt that cold. As he walked he spotted a young lad who was on his own looking alittle cold. It serves him right then for being outside, Ash thought to himself. As he glanced at the lad he noticed that he was looking at him. This irritated him. "Hey what do you think you are looking at you little punk. Go away!" Ashton scowled at him

Bradley was pretty sure that he wasn't looking at anyone...

But yet he had just been called a punk for apparently staring at this old dude who didnt even know him...

Bradley looked up, to check this guy over, "Was I even looking at you?"

Ashton tensed up and walked briskly towards him squared up at him. How dare he speak to him like that. "Yes you were i saw you. Im not in the mood for your attitude ok i just had a huge fight with my mrs and now im p'ed off ok so dont start with me."

Bradley wasnt in the mood to pick fights...

He kind of felt sorry for the man, but then again, he partly didnt...because he was trying to start a fight with Bradley.

Bradley stood up as a form of defence for himself.

"Well Im sorry, okay?...I know how you feel...but I'm pretty sure you dont want another fight today, so do you want a drink or summin?"

Bradley felt weird asking a complete stranger this...he wouldnt usually even offer his friends a drink, it wasnt in his nature to be too friendly...

Bradley was the kind of boy who liked to tease, but in the sort of way that could make him come across as a bit of a bully...he liked to think that he was someone who could look after himself well...

Ash sighed he wasnt really in the mood either so he nodded his head. "Yeah sure thing im not really in the mood either. Girls they are so annoying, always with their wants and never being satisfied and constant nagging. They wunder why i get mad." Ash was always getting mad, hence the tell tale bruises on his wifs body from where he had lost it. He walked over in the direction of the silver snake. "This way then, the first round is on me."

Bradley was surprised that he actually almost liked this guy?

He decided to follow him to the Silver Snake.

"First round on you, that's nice of you." Bradley laughed slightly and ran to catch up with the man.

"So uh, whats your name then? Do you live locally around here then?"

Bradley gave the guy a friendly smile, something that was very rare in Bradley.

Ashton smiled slightly but it diddnt reach his eyes. "Im Ashton but you can call me Ash and yeah i do live near here actually. What about you, where you from?" Ash noticed how the boy had to run to keep pace, how sad was that, Ash turned his head away to roll his eyes then looked back at him as he started to answer

Bradley was now back to his normal walking pace.

"Yeah I live nearby, about 10 minutes away?...something like that"

Bradley was still unsure of this new guy. But maybe a drink or 2 would help him to decide what Ash was really like...

Bradley had never been completely sure of anyone, only his family, even his best mates wern't to be trusted...Not in Bradley's eyes...

As they got to the dorrs he stopped to open it and walked in then held it open for the guy. He went over to the bar and sat down then turned to him. "What do you want to drink then?"

"Um, I'll have whatever you're having..." Bradley wasn't fussed, he wasn't the fussy kind of guy. He just liked to get through life in his own secretive, and private way.

Ashton nodded at the boy but diddnt say anything more to him. Ash turned to the barmen and ordered two Firewhiskeys and gave one to Brad. " Make it last though i dont want to look after a drunk teenager ok i have enough on my bloddy plate already." Ash sipped his and then ordered a bottle of it.

Bradley listened to Ashton, but didn't really take in what he had just said. "Yeah, Yeah...I know my limit...I ain't no drunken teenager..." Bradley didn't want Ashton treating him as if he was his dad, because for one he wasn't, and Bradley had; had enough of parental figures for one day. Bradley then took a small sip of his drink and waited for Ashton to start speaking.

he said was a little disrespect ful towards him and if he spoke to him like that again then he would seriously regret it bug time. Ash looked away and finished his drink before pouring another one. He stuck his head in his hands and sighed. His life was really upside down now. His second eldest son had been killed and his youngest son had gotton his girlgriend pregnant, and now he had just been through a messy divorce although the getting rid of his wife part was good. Ash diddnt know what to do to make things right again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back