Guardian

Kagyou Wu

Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
A magic school. She smiled at that thought.

But really, the people and the crowd?
Kagyou expression changed very slightly, knotting her brows together while she shuffled her feet down the harbour, obviously uninterested in the buzzing and crowd that she was surrounded by. She wasn't very interested- well, maybe a bit. But it just reminded her slightly of the common shop houses one sees. Her eyes traveled from one store sign to the next, reading off them in a glance or two. She was impressed by the number of people, all dressed in robes and witches hat. Occasionally, she'd notice a few in those normal shirts and jeans.
She wouldn't consider herself normal either.
She wore a traditional chinese outfit, the qi pao, which was very light blue in colour, almost reaching white. One that would match her skin- and hair colour. However, that was mostly covered by the darker shades of the colour wheel as a cloak was drapped around her, the hood upon her head.
Her eyes contiuned trailing up and down along the shops, when finally, she came to a halt, shuffled along to the side and slipped out a crumbled piece of paper out from the cloak.
She read through the list of what she needed to get- and again. "The list.. is rather long." she said softly to herself, while silvery eyes concentrated on the word 'wand'.

"I wonder if I'm allowed to get a pet..."

Rapidly slithering along the surface of the floor, slight clouds of dust rustling up behind his movement. His padded boots made no sound, and his winter coat made odd surface noises as it brushed against the robes of the crowd around him. Finally, with an unnaturally acrobatic jump forward, he swiveled his feet and stalked forward silently; like a predator after it's prey, he kept his breathing controlled, as he moved into position, he managed to catch her last sentence.

"Actually, you are, Wu Xiang Ning xiao jie."

In an emotionless voice that drifted out of the air, Henric quipped in. He stepped out of the crowd around him, moving directly behind her. "The letter should state owl, cat, or toad. Other pet requests are taken into consideration." His voice was purposefully in a hushed tone, so that his cold breath crawled along the back of her neck, prickling it. "I have been notified of your arrival from the Wu Clan, I've been asked to see to it that you arrived safely - mistress."

He raised his piercing orbs to bore into her own, identifying and noting all her features. "My name is Liu Jian, I am to serve as your watcher and guardian, as well as attend the same school as you do, due to various conditions." He bowed his head forward slightly, "It is currently not prudent to give you a kneel and formal greeting, this will have to suffice."

"Actually, you are, Wu Xiang Ning xiao jie"

That name itself sent cold shivers up her spine- and that wasn't even because of the male's voice. She had heard a few within her family before whose voice seemed almost as cold- and cunning as the male's voice. But his seemed to be amplified when he mention That name. She tried to ignore- pretended she didn't hear. Hopeful it was an illusion or some sort. But no, she felt a prescence coming closer. But by the time she accepted the fact that someone did call her by her real name, it was too late. He was already behind her, the cold breath already breathing down her neck. She gave a shiver, pulled the hood even more tightly around her neck as she took a step forward and gave a spun. Silvery-blue eyes studied the male. For that split moment, she thought she recongized him.

Or maybe not.

"... notified of your arrival from the Wu Clan..."

'The.. clan?'

Those silvery blue eyes, as icy as they are already, turned even colder, watching as the man contiune to speak. She felt her head spinning with the fear.

"..I've been asked to serve as your guardian- mistress."

As she was about to open her mouth to give a fierce disapproval, she realized piercing orb hitting her own cold ones- and at that moment, she wanted to cry. She broke the eye contact and looked away.She wanted to ask who sent him. Why. She didn't see the answers getting to her. And after a while, she spoke, rather softly.
"Don't call me by that name. Don't mention about the clan. I was banished. I want nothing from it. Grandpapa and grandmama is already gone, all that are left are leaders who killed my mommy." She turned to face him and glared, as an attempt to intimidate the other.

Henric paused; she was everything they said she would be. Still, as he held up a chinese woven scroll portrait, it fell open in full view; on it, was a beautifully painted portrait woven with gold and crimson threads, an exact replica of her. But the portrait itself bore a certain quality, a cold side to it, while the portrait was smiling, the smile was completely fake. Much similar to Henric's current smile, a smile built out of an expression of wax. "I made no mistake, mistress. You banished yourself, the clan did not, and thus they obviously regard you as still part of the ancient Han Clan..."

Noting mentally a few concepts of the complicated Chinese Martial Clan ancestry, he corrected himself. "...Or at least part of it, anyway, the Wu clan retains some honor. As to that point, murder hasn't been proven, and thus, we should show respect for Lord Cao Yi." Henric himself had already known that the man had the Clan Elders assassinated, still, those who knew, like himself, didn't bother revealing that information. Those who spoke so boldly of it were killed on counts of blasphemy -The girl was different.
All the time, while he spoke, his voice was rigid, icy, and emotionless. His every feature made of wax - fake. And all the time, his head was bowed, never raised, as if he was speaking to the Emperor himself.

The girl watched him. She let him take out something that most probably came from home, she let him talk about the clan, and a short history. Talk about the person that she had to respect, all of that which she regarded as unneeded words.

Half tempted to shove the scroll back into his face, she took in a deep breath after realizing that the ...boy had been facing the ground all these time. "Like I said, Liu Jian, I have no interest in whatsoever of that Hellpound." she gave a pause, then whispered to herself. "Honour? What honour? Hounds of the Chinese Council, it seems.." she looked away again, gave a disapproving 'heh'. "They get pampered because they're obedient." she looked up at him, scanned him and shook her head lightly. "I'd even wonder.."

Then there was a small smirk.
"In any case, Liu. You won't find gold by staring at the ground." she hugged the cloak tighter around her. "Instead, face me. My name is Wu Kagyou."

"Kagyou, then? I heed your command, misterss." Henric raised his head slowly, jet black hair fluttering back suddenly as he wind blew viciously, making his mongolian winter jacket flap noisily. "Japanese origin - interesting, as a side note, you can address me as Henric within these school grounds, it fits in." Folding his arms, his piercing orbs wavered over her own, then he looked into the sky. "Darkness falls quicker here than in China, mistress, we should do your shopping - swiftly."
Quietly, he handed her a list marked for her own use, on it, were the shops that sold the things she needed to buy, best for her convenience.

1st Year Books - Flourish and Blotts, Obsidian Harbour
2 Quills (1 Spare), 1 Jar of Ink, Parchment - Shcrivenshaft's, Obsidian Harbour
School Robes (Hufflepuff) - Gladrags, Obsidian Harbour
Wand - Ollivander's, Obsidian Harbour
#2 Cauldron - The Apothecary, Obsidian Harbour
Work Robes, Gloves - Madam Malkin's, Brightstone

His eyes narrowed as he looked at her again, "Do you want me to come with you, or just wait somewhere, Kagyou?", he paused, "Sorry about that - Mistress Kagyou."

As usual, he didn't bother explaining why he already knew so much about her.

"Kagyou, then? I heed your command, mistress."

She still found it awkward. And even odder that the clan would send her a Guardian. Even for the fact that she really, wasn't in the clan anymore. When he faced skywards, she follow suit, watching the somewhat still-clear sky. She stared at it at a couple of moment before she felt a paper pressed upon her fingers, only to look down at the paper and allowed her white fingers to hold them. She stared at them blanky.

'Oh, another list.' she thought to herself. 'Beats my own, I suppose.'

When he spoke again, she frowned, and returned her attention to the massive amount of people still walking up and down the main lane. "If you would stop calling me Mistress, Henric, you may follow." She gave him a glance. A glance that gave her a feeling that she have had met him somewhere before.

She opened her mouth to question, but paused there.

No, it was rather impossible at all. Perhaps it was a common face.

"I.. want to get my wand first." she said abruptedly.

"I apologize - it's a habit, female superiority of the clans and all that." He raised a hand, and gestured to the leftmost street. "That's where you'll find Ollivander's, Kagyou. I'll be right behind you." That message left off a certain note, that it was reassuring. Despite the fact Henric almost immediately disappeared into the jostling crowd, his piercing gaze was constantly on her, never leaving her; like a python contemplating where the prey was and how to constrict it, only this time, the python was protecting a jewel and constricting anything that would dare come close to it.

Kagyou watched as the male disappeared into the massive amount of people. She arched a brow, and- although very insignificantly, and probably only she would know she would have done so. She gave a light smile. Even after he disappeared, she gave an answer.

"If you say so, Henric."

And with that, she entered the crowd as well, towards the given direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back