Gryffindors

Ella Greene

Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Ella had just finished reading a few chapters of her school books when she felt the need to take a break from school work. I've only been here for a week, and already I've been spending too much time on my studies. Figuring that the dungeons would be an interesting place to walk around, that was where she headed.

As Ella slowly snooped about the dungeons, she noticed there wasn't very much going on. I wonder if there are any other students down here, well, except for Slytherins, of course. After a few more paces of inactivity, Ella wondered if she should have chosen somewhere else to take her little excursion.

Hilary walked out of the empty potions room with her books in hand. She had gotten the days mixed up and had gone to potions on her day off. As she walked down the gloomy hallway she saw another glimmer of crimson, and knew it was a Gryffindor. She didn't recognize the girl, but she look perhaps a little too old for eleven and Hilary wondered if she was one of the new exchange students that seemed to be surging in from heaven knows where.

As she walked towards the girl she smiled and then slowed right in front of her. "Hey there, I'm Hilary. I noticed you're a Gryffindor are you lost?" She said it kindly honestly wanting to help the girl out. She remembered what the school was like when she was new and hoped that she could make this place a comfortable home for someone else.

Ella gasped quietly when another student wearing a uniform accented in red appeared in front of her. Holy horned toads! There are a lot of us Gryffindors, everywhere I go a Gryffindor student seems to find me. Allowing herself a few moments to compose herself before speaking to the girl, Ella wondered how old she was. Hmmmm, she looks to be around Kat's age, I bet they are friends.

"Oh, hi, I'm Ella Greene," Ella finally greeted the other girl. "I'm not lost, or, at least I don't think I am. Just taking a break from the routine of school work." Though she wasn't sure of whether she wanted to continue walking or to stay and chat with Hilary, Ella decided to be nice and invite her along. "You can join me for a walk if you'd like."

Where to go, where to go Kat thought as she wandered around the castle. She was very bored as she'd already finished every stitch of homework that she'd been assigned for the week and desperately wanted something to do. Man things sure are way too quiet around here since the other two schools have left she thought as she walked down several flights of stairs.

Soon she found herself in the coldest, darkest, dampest place in the castle. The place the she used to fear slightly, but hadn't since she had met Zazuka down here. Kat heard two familiar voices coming from a few feet away. She walked over to Ella and Hilary and said, "Do you two often lurk around in Slytherin territory?"

Before Ella could figure out whether Hilary wanted to join her or not, Katalina had joined them. There is no way this could be a coincidence, Ella thought as she turned to Kat and flashed her a toothy smile. "I could ask you the same question, Kat!" Ella wasn't sure about Hilary yet, but she felt herself becoming comfortable around Kat, ridding herself of some shyness.

"I had just explained this to Hilary, but I only came down here to take a walk. It was so not my intention to snoop around Slytherin territory. But, I mean, if you wanted to snoop around Slytherin territory, I wouldn't tell anybody." Ella waited for a response from either of the two girls, thinking about the day Kat had busted her in the forest. I hope she didn't just come down here to drag us out..

Hilary smiled over at the girl as she spoke finding out quickly that she seemed like the type of person that she would hang out with. "Oh okay, Ella then" she responded and then before she got the chance to respond to her question about the walk she noticed her fellow Gryffindor and friend, Kat come over.

When Kat asked her question Hilary listened to the other girls answer and then shared her story. "Actually I'm just really early for potions... about three days" she stuck her tongue out a little. "I managed to get my schedule flipped upside down and showed up to find first years hauling their cauldrons around." SHe then added "Oh and I'm up for a walk around down here if you are both are"

Kat grinned at Ella and said, "Slytherin territory doesn't scare me...their bark is way worse than their bite! Trust me!" She then looked at Hilary and said, "Only you Hilary Grace...only you!" It was nice to have run into her two friends down here.

"So are we going to do a little bit of snooping and lurking down here? Or are we just gonna stand here and talk?" she teased as she began to walk backwards just a little down the corridor.

Ella giggled when Hilary admitted that she walked into potions only to observe a bunch of first years hauling around their cauldrons, but covered her mouth quickly to avoid seeming offensive.

Ella raised an eyebrow when Katalina mentioned that the Slytherin students' bark was worse than their bite. The Slytherins I've met so far have been nice enough. But once Kat had mentioned snooping and lurking, Ella grinned. So I guess Kat does know how to have fun without busting people. She was a little nervous about the consequences of snooping, but Ella wasn't going to let that stop her from following Kat.

"I would be wary of walking backwards you know, you wouldn't want to trip over anything."

Hollie was really bored. She didn't know where to go, but she had to get out of the common room - it was driving her crazy. She needed to go somewhere, to just talk to someone.

Eventually she picked the dungeons. Walking down there, she noticed a group of gryffindors huddled together. One was a second year, like her - a transfer student. She hadn't exchanged a world with her, and she felt bad. If she transferred somewhere else, she'd want to be welcomed.

Walking over, she recognised the other two as Kat, whom she'd spoken with once or twice, and Hilary, her all-time-favourite-older-student. She smiled.

"Hey," she said, approaching the group. "Mind if I join you, or is this a private gathering or something?" She smiled at the three of them, hoping to be accepted. She also extended an arm to Ella. "Hey, I'm Hollie, in your year. Sorry we haven't spoken previously."

[[mind if i join??]]

Ella's attention was directed from Katalina to the new Gryffindor that approached them. If I knew that Gryffindors liked the dungeons this much, I would have taken a walk around the seventh floor. "No, this isn't a private gathering, you're welcome to come lurk about with us." Ella shook Hollie's extended hand, "I guess I haven't gotten around to meeting everybody yet," Ella admitted, "But my name is Ella."

Hilary had zoned out for what she thought was just a simple blink and opened her eyes again to see yet more scarlet and gold. "Wow, hey Hollie.... I guess this is just the cool place to be" She said the last part to no one in particular. This simple day seemed to be turning out to be crazier than she thought it would be. "Okay, so I really do suggest we start walking, because those first years are going to be out of potions in a few minutes, and we don't want to get run over by them." Hilary smiled and repositioned her bag on her shoulder waiting for a response.

Ella did not like the idea of being trampled by a whole bunch of first year students, even if they were only one year younger than her. Seems like Hilary is as surprised as I am to see four students in red down here! Ella began to take a few slow steps down the corridor, hoping that somebody else would pick up the pace, as she didn't want to have to lead the way. "So, are any of you really famailiar of the dungeons? Except for the potions classroom, of course."

Hilary walked down the hall with her fellow Gryffindors picking up the pace slightly. She replied to the comment of knowing the dungeons well. "Actually I haven't been down here all that much, though when I was in first year I did get rather lost and end up down some random corridor. I believe I could have benefited from having a map or even an older student to show me around. But the older students at that point were only second years." Hilary smiled remembering back to her crazy first year and then felt a slight pang remembering that most of her friends from that time had now left the school.

"I'm not really familiar with this area of the castle at all. Well, I did get a tour of the area when I first arrived, but that's about it," Ella said with a smile while looking at Hollie. At least I'm getting to know a girl who is in my year. Guess having my walk interrupted isn't such a terrible thing.

Ella stopped walking, and beckoned for Hilary to lead the way. It seemed she knew the dungeons the best, even if her lurking extent had been getting lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back