Growing up.

Kit giggled again at Eli's antics. "Don't worry, I'll keep him away!" He laughed. "Hmm, now that he's had a sleep, of course." Kit tried to keep his shoulders still; even though Kyle had reassured him that the rat could hold on, he still wanted to make sure he was safe. Kit hummed softly. "I should probably go unpack my stuff before I get lazy and just leave everything in my trunk..." He looked over his shoulder as if expecting to see a trunk thudding down the corridor.

Kyle chuckled. "I don't understand him most of the time. Apparently you're quite interesting though." He giggled when Eli, after sniffing at Kit's hair, grabbed on to it, and climbed up on top of the younger boy's head, looking around like a guard atop a tower. "That's enough, Eli, you'll frighten the poor boy." He smiled, reaching out, and gently removed the rat, careful to avoid pulling Kit's hair. "Nah, don't worry about unpacking, it'll happen eventually. I lived out of my trunk last year, couldn't figure out where I was supposed to put my stuff." He smiled. "Made packing at the end of the year easy at least."

"Whoa!" Kit's shoulders tensed up as the rat clamboured its way up to the top of his head. He pulled a face at Kyle, laughing as well. As Kyle reached out to remove Eli from Kit's head, Kit felt a slight flush spread across his face for what must be about the hundredth time in just a few minutes. "Yeah, fair enough... I do hate packing." Kit grinned. He would be perfectly happy as long as his drawing stuff had survived the trip.

Kyle giggled slightly when Kit pulled a face, holding Eli in his cupped hands, and bringing them back down to his chest height, the rat now free from Kit's hair. "Packing is awful. So is unpacking. I never bothered." He chuckled. "Too much work. I'm such a bad Hufflepuff." He laughed, shifting Eli onto his shoulder. The rat sniffed around at the familiar location for a bit, then curled up and went to sleep again.

Kit laughed and nodded. "Yeah, I'd be the worst Hufflepuff in history... Good thing I'm in Ravenclaw." He grinned proudly. Kit watched Eli curl up on Kyle's shoulder contentedly. The rat was so cute.
"So what are the professors like? Any I should be careful around?" He asked.

Kyle giggled. "I'd be worse at being a Ravenclaw I bet. Sure, I read a lot, but I'm kinda bad at studying. I barely passed anything last term." He chuckled slightly, absentmindedly patting Eli with the arm opposite to the shoulder the rat was sleeping on.
"Ummmm... Well Professor Rowann is pretty scary. She teaches Defense. I hated that class last year... I didn't really realise there could be anything dangerous about magic until I took it. The pictures of Voldemort are the scariest bit." He half-smiled. "I'm definitely never gonna be evil, I like having a nose."

"Oh, I suck at studying too. I get distracted too easily, heh..." Kit rubbed the back of his head. He nodded as Kyle told him about the Defense teacher. "Oh, really? I'm not too sure about it... I haven't got anything to compare it with, really. And I've never seen a picture of Voldemort... Is he seriously weird?" Kit cocked his head to one side.

Kyle laughed. "Same, I'll start thinking about the book I wanted to read or something, and then it's goodbye Potions essay." He chuckled, running a hand through his curls, and wiggling his bare toes absently. Kyle hated wearing shoes under any circumstances, and returning to school wasn't going to change that about him. "He's seriously weird. He's got no nose, and he's all pale and slimy looking and gross. I can't even remember what he did wrong, I had that class last term. Something about a kid with a scar." He shrugged, shifting his weight from one leg to the other, which woke Eli up again, the rat sitting up curiously, and then settling to clean his whiskers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back