Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Swishy Oak Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Group Interview between Professor Olive Layton, Aion Zephyr and Geo Volt.

Here we have three people who have been involved in HNZ. Can you introduce yourselves and tell us a little about who you are and your impact and position within the school?
O: Shall I go first? My name is Olive, Professor Layton. I’m currently the Potions Professor for the older classes. I only joined in September last year so I haven’t had the pleasure yet of teaching you -Points to Geo- and of course by the time I started you’d already graduated! -Smiles at Aion-. What else shall I say aye? I’m twenty five, I was a Gryffindor, and my sister Leda is currently a second year at the school.
G: Is that Leda Layton? In Slytherin?
O: Yes, that’s the one! I wasn’t sure whether many people knew her.
G: I’ve heard her name mentioned at school.
O: Do you want to introduce yourselves next?
G: Sure, -Glances to Aion- I’m Geo. Third year Hufflepuff. I want to be Auror when I graduate so I’m trying to work on that. I’m on the Quidditch team right now, I play as an Alternative Chaser. I grew up in the UK but moved to New Zealand to join Hogwarts when I was eleven. -Shrugs and turns to Aion-
A: Um yeah hey, I’m Aion. Aion Zephyr. I joined Hogwarts in my fifth year. I transferred over from Durmstrang in Bulgaria. I graduated at the end of last year and yeah, now I work as a Magizoologist and get to travel all over the world, which is amazing actually.

Okay so we’ll start off with a few lighter questions. What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?
G: Well there isn’t TV or electronics at Hogwarts so that’s a pretty tough question. When I was younger we were shown a bunch of disney films which were fine but it was never really my thing. I’d rather be in an action film than watching one.
O: In an action film? No I much prefer to watch, and disney is the best! Netflix always has a list of those available so I’m just working my way through some childhood favourites. I did watch that new film though with Christian Bale and let me tell you, that is a man who knows what he’s doing.
A: -Laughing- Yeah I’ve never really been into films at all. My dad's an actor and has been a few things though, so if I do watch sometimes it’s usually to support him.

Do you eat food that’s past its expiration date if it still smells and looks fine?
O: Oh that’s disgusting, who does that?
A: I do that.
O: Oh no, why? Do you know how bad that could be for you?
A: -Aion chuckles- Well yeah, it could be bad but what’s one more day going to do? I don’t really bother will food dates at all, just go off your instincts.
O: I could never do that. I had a bad run in once with some Salmon and it was just the worst night. It was only two days past the expiry but I just can’t put myself there again. It’s not worth it. Just go and buy yourself something fresh or order yourself a pizza!
G: I guess I just eat whatever's in the Great Hall, so I trust the elves not to poison me.
A: Smart.

What are you interested in that most people aren’t?
O: Oh that’s a good question!
G: Yeah it is - I think for me it’s running. I have a couple of friends who love Quidditch for example but only one other I know who likes to run as much as I do. I don’t know I just find it relaxing and it’s my way of having time to myself.
O: I mean I have hobbies but they’re not exactly unusual. I loved Quidditch too, I was a seeker at school. It’s only now that I’ve really had a chance though to really try out new things. I really want to try and roast my own coffee one day though, I love growing my own ingredients and baking so that would be fun.
A: Um, for me it’s easily Mythology. It’s not quite so prominent in my daily life now than it was but you know, I did change my name to one from Greek Mythology so I’ve been a fan since I was kid.

What problem are you currently grappling with?
G: Drowning in homework? -she laughs-
O: Oh no I hope that’s not true. You’re always welcome to come by my office if you need somewhere to study.
G: Thanks, yeah. I’ve taken all the electives this year so I’m just try to balance my work load, plus Quidditch.
A: I dunno how you’re doing them all. I only joined at OWLs but it was bad enough with just a few.
G: I don’t want to limit myself so I’m trying to cover all bases. I’ll decide later if I want to drop any.
O: You should pick those that interest you most, it’s not as though you need them all to become an Auror.
G: What’s your problems?
O: For me I feel as though I’ve reached a new stage in my life. I’ve just entered this new job, new colleagues and new home, and now I have to figure out what I’m doing from here.
A: I get that.
O: Right, and all these crazy wonderful things are happening around me, and I need to take a step back to figure out where I’m going. Part of the reason I became a Professor was because I wanted to give students the space and the freedom to pursue their ideas. I’m adamant in class that it’s okay to make mistakes, and in doing so you’re going to learn what works. I struggle with giving myself goals, probably because I’ve spent a long time living each day as it came and not thinking long term, which makes it hard to have confidence in yourself, but so long as you’re putting in all the effort and picking up opportunities when they come around you can keep moving forward and discover what your ambitions are. I have no idea what I want to do with my future so it’s one of the more stressful parts of my life, even though I’m totally grateful to be able to have the chance to choose right now.
A: Yeah and that can be really hard to stay motivated when you don’t have a goal in mind. I’m fortunate now that I found a love for animals in my sixth year, so that’s what I decided to pursue. I think right now my problems, erm, they’re probably down to me as a person. I mean I’ve already changed a huge amount in the last eighteen months but I’m kinda ashamed to admit that learning to consider others has been a massive hurdle for me you know. I’ve been too independent for too long and I know I’ve pushed people away because of it, so I guess I’m trying to just stay aware of that and not slip up.
---------- TBC ----------​
How do you judge a person?
What social stigma does society need to get over?
If you had to disappear and start a whole new life, what would you want your new life to look like?
Which apocalyptic dystopia do you think is most likely?
What naps are the most satisfying?
Do you like things to be carefully planned or do you prefer to just go with the flow?
What escalated very quickly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back