Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2" Sturdy Acacia Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Mazikeen was very keen to be back at school, entirely because of the one class that she had on her agenda that she really wanted to do. It was quite a good motivator for her to try to do well in her classes, though Maze had always done well in her classes up till now there were more classes that she had to do than ever and the care of magical creatures class was one of the most important classes for her. She had been on the fence about what she wanted to do after school but there was really no doubt that she would end up doing something in the field with animals. As much as liked hogwarts and didn’t mind being inside, she knew that she would prefer being out there. Her parents were more indoorsy but they had always encouraged her to go outside. In saying all of that, Maze knew she had to work to her goal and had a few books and was keen to get to work on bits of it. The teen walked into the student lounge and she noted there were quite a few people in the room, clearly with the same idea as her, but as she’d been looking around she spotted someone she hadn’t spent a lot of time with in a while. She liked Acacia and was definitely going to take this opportunity to spend time with her, ”Hey Acacia! Do you mind if I join you?” the girl asked with a friendly tone easily slipping into her words.

After two years of being miserable at Hogwarts, Acacia was determined to take a new approach to this school. Pretending to be happy in her first year hadn't made her feel any better. Wallowing and hiding in her second year hadn't done anything. But now she wasn't alone in this strange country with nobody familiar, Cedar had come here with her, and he was somewhere out there, close by, instead of a whole world away. Even if her parents didn't care, at least her whole family hadn't abandoned her. Acacia was determined to make the best of things now. With Cedar living here too, maybe Acacia could make New Zealand feel like her new home. Rather than hiding away in her dorm this year, Acacia had resolved to go out and spend time around people, making friends and being social. So when last year she would have hidden away in her bed to read her new fashion magazines, Acacia instead made her way to the student lounge, settling into a comfy seat and making herself comfy. Whether she talked to anyone or not, she was at home, here, and she wasn't hiding from the world. She hadn't been sitting and reading for too long before she heard a familiar voice, looking up with a bright smile. "Maze! Hey!" Acacia said happily, clearing the spare magazines off the seat next to her to make space. "Of course not, how have you been?"

Mazikeen was pretty glad that the girl, Acacia, definitely did still remember her. They hadn’t kept in much contact with her but she was disappointed in herself for doing so. The gryffindor wanted to spend a bit more time with all of her friends, so she had decided she would go out of her way to do so. That was the right to do no matter what. She needed to make more of an effort and she would need to go out of her way occasionally speak any of her friends. She was glad that the girl also seemed quite happy to see her and Maze slipped into the seat next to Acacia and smiled at the girl, ”Thanks,” the girl was pretty pleased with it. She put her books down, ”I’ve been good, can’t wait for this semester to get started,” the teen said, and had a wide smile. ”How are you? It’s so good to see you,” the girl replied with a bright expression, ”What are you doing?” Maze asked with a friendly tone.

Acacia was glad to see Mazikeen again, setting the spare magazines down on another seat so she could talk to her friend propely. Acacia regretted the terrible job she had done last year of keeping up with her social life, and it was a relief to see a friendly face again. "Me too!" She replied happily, brushing her long hair back as she listened to Maze. "What electives are you taking? I'm really excited about Divination, it seems really fun!" Acacia laughed a little nervously in response to Maze's question. "Yeah, I'm sorry I've been so out of touch. I'm doing good now though! How are you?" Acacia didn't really want to dump all her problems with her family on Mazikeen in their first conversation in a while, not wanting to put the other girl off. She laughed lightly in response to Maze's next question, holding up one of the magazines. "I always miss the internet when I'm here, so I brought a bunch of fashion magazines for something to do."

Mazikeen took a seat next to her, and couldn’t help the friendly smile which remained on her features as the other girl spoke. Of course she was exceedingly happy to see her and was hopeful that she might see her a little more often during this year. The girl had been nice and they were good friends but it hadn’t been good for her, the teen had fallen out of contact with a good number of her friends, she got busy or distracted and just forgot to pay attention to what was happening around her in terms of her friends. But she would make more of an effort with this girl, with a good friend she didn’t want to lose contact with. She smiled at her and nodded, ”I’m taking Care of Magical creatures and Divination!” the girl replied, ”I’m more excited about care of magical creatures but it’ll be nice to share a class!” Maze replied with a smile. She would look forward to spending time with the other girl in the class capacity. ”Oh don’t worry about it Acacia! We’re hanging out now, that’s what matters,” Maze replied, ”I am good though, happy and ready to be back,” the girl said with a friendly expression, she hoped that this girl wouldn’t feel too bad about not having kept in much contact. Maze knew they were both to blame. She looked at what she was reading, and nodded, ”Oh cool! Fashion magazines are cool,” the teen hadn’t ever liked those growing up or been that interested but she didn’t want to discourage Acacia if she liked that sort of thing.

"Oh, that sounds exciting!" Acacia said happily. "I didn't take Care of Magical Creatures, I wasn't sure how dangerous the creatures were gonna be." Acacia didn't really have much experience with animals, except for visiting friends back home who had cats and dogs, and occasionally feeding her parents owls, and she didn't especially think that more experience with animals was something she needed. She beamed brightly at Maze's assertation, nodding. "Exactly!" Acacia said happily, and smiled when Maze said she was glad to be back. "Oh good!" She said cheerfully, wishing she felt the same. Though having Cedar living in New Zealand with her had been something of a comfort, Acacia still yearned for her home at times. She nodded when Maze mentioned the magazines, opening it back to the page she was looking at. "Look how cute these shoes are, I love them! These would look so much nicer than our boring uniform shoes."

Mazikeen hadn't even thought about how dangerous the creatures in it might be, she didn't think that was a huge factory for if she wanted to pick it or not. She wanted to work with such creatures, maybe. She hadn't thought about if would be a dangerous job. She had to assume that the school would ensure their safety, which it would do, it made sure they were safe in almost all the things it does, maybe just not quidditch, "It's maybe what I want to do after school, so I definitely want to do it, and it has to be safe, you know, it is school," she gave a little shrug, but had a smile and warm expression on her face, "Apart from like quidditch and I guess, if you aren't careful," The girl could admit that no matter how safe the school made it, people could be poorly behaved and end up getting injured. She nodded with a bright expression and then looked towards the part of the magazine that the girl was showing, they were certainly nicer shoes than the ones they wore for school. She nodded and looked at the whole page the shoes were on, noting one of the models with a good shade of lipstick, though she liked the whole thing, "I like the outfit, it's good, I've always liked bold colours, the red lipstick is really nice!" the girl pointed to it directly and then looked up at Acacia, looking for some level of agreement or for any sort of discussion from her about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back