Going for a walk

Tyson Huntly

Tyson wandered along Obsidin Harbour, slightly bored, peering into various shops. He slowed down when he reached Ollivanders, and looked wistfully in the window at the wands. Tyson badly wanted to go in a have a wand choose him, but he didn't yet have a gringotts account.
Pulling himself away, he proceeded down Obsidain Harbour.

Obsidian Harbour; Lisa had spent a lot of time here in the past few months. She nearly could reel all the shop's names off by heart for you at this stage. But, for some reason, she never got bored of the place.

Calmly strolling down the street, Lisa glanced up at a shop to see a face that was quite familiar, walking away from Ollivander's; Tyson Huntly, Tabitha's twin brother, whom she harboured a slight crush. She gave a little wave, smiling.

"Hey Tyson," she said, combing her fingers through her hair.

Tyson heard his name being called, and turned around, to see Lisa Boatwood, who he had met briefly before. "Hey" he said with a smile "How are you?" he asked, walking over to her. He shoved his hands in the pockets of his jeans, still smiling, glad that he had bumped into her.

"That's good" Tyson replied "You know, just normal" he said, though now that he had met up with Lisa, his mood had brightened considerably.

"Dreaming of buying a wand" he said with a sigh, looking back at Ollivanders. "I can't wait to get a Gringotts account! A wand is the very first thing I'm going to buy" he said. "What have you been doing around here?" he asked.

That's fine :lol: I can think of a reply!

"A wand?" Lisa repeated, smiling. "That's the first thing I'm buying as well. I can't wait to do some proper spells at last." She could imagine herself standing there, with a wand in her hand, casting a Patronus or a really complicated spell; she smiled at the image.

"Oh, I've just been hanging around," she shrugged, casting a hand towards the shops. "Looking at stuff in the shops, reading books, stuff like that. Nothing special."

Tyson grinned "We should go wand shopping together" He suggested, knowing he would be in the shop, the second he got his gringotts account.
"I also want to check out the pet shops too" He said "That'll also be one of the first shops I'll be going into" He said

"An Owl would be good" he agreed "So useful, but also a companion" He immediatly thought of his sister, who was completely and utterly obsessed with owls "If you need some help with owl, ask my sister. She knows everything about them"

Lisa laughed. "I could tell on the train!" she smiled, thinking back to that fateful day. "How many does she have now, three?" If all comes to all, she thought, I could ask her for one!

"I actually have no idea. She left early this morning, so for all I know she could have eight now" Tyson said, grinning, but actually half serious. He looked around, as though he expected his sister to pop out of a shop carrying five cages.

"I wouldn't put it past her!" Lisa laughed, relaxing a little now. A question jumped to her mind that she hadn't asked Tyson, and yet it was exceedingly obvious. "What House do you want to get into?" she asked, cocking her head sideways, as she usually did when she was curious.

Tyson had thought about which house he wanted to be in, but even after talking about it with his sister, he still wasn't sure. "I don't know, I'm cool with anything I suppose" he said casually "Not Slytherin, though" he added. Running his fingers through his hair, he smiled at Lisa.

Lisa's smile contorted into a grimance as Tyson talked about Slytherin. "Oh, definately not Slytherin for me too," she said, her fingers curling into fists involuntarily, as if it was Brodie Fudge in front of her. "If I had to share a common room with Ava Prince or Brodie Fudge, I'd DIE!" She laughed and returned Tyson's smile.

(I like your new celeb ^_^ )

(So do I! :wub: I must go :errm: I'll reply to the two posts tommorrow!)

"Woah" Tyson said "Got something aginst Slytherins?" he asked, by the look on her face, and the way her fists had curled. He didn't know much about the houses, or who was in them, so he would just wait and see when he got to Hogwarts. He had to smile though, her anger was almost cute.
"Who's Brodie and Ava?" Tyson asked, slightly curious.

(Okies, bye :-h )

"They're two good-for-nothing, pureblood idiots," she said angrily, "And they've got it in for Muggle-borns. Destined for Slytherin; evil, stuck-up sly, they're perfect for the place! Me and my friend Taylor hate them," she added, smiling; that was what made them friends in the first place, she remembered; their hatred of Brodie and Ava. "We're always arguing with them. We're the Slytherin Busters!" she said, laughing at their nickname.

Tyson frowned "Huh, yeah, it kind of sucks being a muggle born" he said. Tyson and his sister hadn't really had any problems with being muggle born yet, but there probably would be some when they got to Hogwarts
"Not all Slytherins are though" he reminded her "My friend Dannii knows someone"

Lisa pondered at Tyson's remark for a few moments, and then came to a conclusion.

"That is true, I suppose," she said slowly. "Not every Slytherin can be evil. It's not your fault if you wind up in a House that has a bad reputation. But if you saw Brodie Fudge and Ava Prince, you'd get what Taylor and I are talking about. They don't care about anyone else other than themselves, and they bully Muggle-borns, or people who don't know their blood status. And Taylor and I are both Muggle-born, which means they are always in our face." She sighed and stared at her feet a moment, their insults churning around her head.

"It hurts, it really does, Tyson. And that's what just really makes me mad. How are they to know what we went through?" Tears clouded her eyes now as she remembered the Muggle boys that used to bully her in the care home. "For all they know, we could have been bullied for our powers, and now they're ribbing us for our blood!" Her voice shook, and she finally broke down, sobbing silently.

That's long and dramatic, sorry >_<

Tyson listened to her "Yeah, well, we'll just see what happens when we get to Hogwarts" he said, and thought, with a thrill, that Hogwarts was only two days away. The whole day seemed to brighten as he thought about this.
Lisa seemed to be getting upset, and he bit his lip, not knowing what to say.
"Yeah, it's hard for us" he agreed.
"Don't worry though, it'll all be fine"

Lisa bit her lip, sniffling a little bit.

"Hopefully it'll be okay..." she broke off, "Though if Brodie and Ava tease me again, at least I'll know some spells to shut them up." She laughed, not really being serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back