Giving Christmas Pressies.

Hollie Ridley

Wand
'Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather'
Hollie wrapped her coat around her as she made her way to Brightstone Village. She was freezing, and pulled her scarf tighter around her neck.
Eventually she got to the place she and her friends had agreed on, and opened up her bag, where both presents were. They were wrapped loosely. Hollie had a moment's panic; they weren't exactly big presents. Infact, they were tiny and Hollie felt ashamed. She should have bought something bigger for her friends! But she was aware that she didn't have much money (in her opinion) considering it had to last her the whole year, and more! So she had to save it. The present's she'd bought would have to do. A Christmas lollipop, 3 chocolate frogs, and a handmade Christmas card. Each. That should be fine - it was the thought that counted.
Hollie stood there shivering, waiting for one of her friends to come and join her.

Laura had agreed with Hollie to meet up in Brightstone to give each other their presents. Laura didn't have Hollie's present yet; it was still due to be delivered, and she had explained it all to her anyway. She had been very understanding.

Spotting Hollie in the distance, Laura broke into a run, waving and crying "Hollie! I'm here!"

Harri walked out of honeydukes and began to walk to were she had aranged to meet Hollie. She had bought the presents very last minute but atleast she had them now. She spotted Hollie and another gryffindor first year who she didn't really know, "Heey Hollie!" she said bounding over and giving her a hug, "Hey," she siad feeling terrible for not remembering the other girls name.

"Hey guys! Great to see you here!" Hollie squealed with delight, hugging them both. "Harri, this is Laura, by the way." she introduced her friends. "You both ok? Sorry to drag you out here in the freezing cold; it's flipping freezing! Anyway," she rumaged in her bag for the presents. "Happy Christmas!" She beamed as she presented them with their gifts. "I know it's not much, but I'm trying to watch my money, or it'll go before you can say 'galleon'. So I just bought something small." She shrugged, happily.

"Aww thanks Hollie!" Harri said grinning, "Shall I open it now?" she asked excitedly, "And heres yours," she said handing over the honeydukes bag which contained, a packet of Jelly Slugs, packet of 3 acid pops , Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans and, a Pack of 5 sugar quills. As well as a little drawing she had done of Hollie and herself, she had spent quite alot of time on it and she thought that they were easily recognisable in it, along the bottom it said 'happy christmas Hollie' simple but she was not an expert with words, she preferred simplicity, to talk rather then write."I hope you like it!" she added.

"That's ok!" Hollie said, beaming, as Laura tucked the present into her cloak. She then turned to Harri.
"Yeah, go on!" she said, in response to Harri's question. She took the gift from Harri. "Aww, thank you so much! Shall I open it now?" Hollie was itching to get inside the wrapping paper. "I'm sure I will." she added, smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back