Girl Talk

Ava Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Ava had just had the best day of her life, well that she could remember. She had just spent the day with the unbelievably cute and absolutely perfect Sterling Staton, a fellow first year Slytherin. They spent the day at the Quidditch Pitch where they flew together, had a couple of laughs and dare she say- flirting? She hoped so anyway. Ava couldn't imagine a more perfect day and she just had to tell someone about it and get some advice that only a girl friend could give her. Sadly the only thing close to a girl friend was Leia and Ava hadn't spoke to her since they began school. She liked Leia and they both had a couple things in common it was just the fact that Leia was a hufflepuff, Ava couldn't get by that. But today, she had to swallow her pride and go to the fourth floor corridor in search of Leia.

She was still wearing the same soaked clothes not even bothering to change them. Ava was completely drenched with the rain that had put an end to their day. But it still didn't make it any less perfect. Once Ava arrived on the fourth floor she walked around for a bit, there was not one student in sight. Well its not like its nice out She thought looking out one of the windows. Just then a student in her year, a hufflepuff in her year passed her. Ava bit her lip, did she want to talk to her? Just do it, "Hey! Umm..hi..so I was wondering if you could get Leia.." Ava said to her quickly but paused to try and think of her surname, "Evans?" As the girl nodded with some sort of surprised expression on her face she walked up the corridor to the spot where she would enter her common room. "Oh wait!? Tell her to bring a hairbrush!" She called after the girl, Ava then turned around and took out her hair tie letting her blonde wet hair fall on her back. Ava really couldn't get over this day. She had held his hand, he had called her perfect and he asked her to do it again.

Leia had been lounging around in the common room doing some last minute homework when she heard someone calling out her name. Instinctively she brought her head up and told the person she was Leia, asking them what they wanted. The girl said someone was waiting for her outside and for a second her heart skipped a beat as she thought it was Kaleb but when she said it was a girl, and told her to make sure to bring a brush, Leia was a bit surprised as to who it could be. She abandoned her homework and went upstairs to get her hairbrush and walked out of the common room to the corridor.

When she saw Ava there Leia smiled and said, "Hey!" She knew her house was the one thing that had stopped the two from immediately becoming friends but Leia had told herself she was going to befriend her anyway, and now it seemed like she didn't even have to try as hard as she thought. "What brings you up here?" she asked with a smile. It was then she noticed Ava soaking wet and now the hairbrush command made sense. "Here you go," she said with a chuckle, handing over her hairbrush.

She shook her hair out a bit trying to get some of the dampness out of it. She then heard Leia's voice and she instantly turned around. "Hey." She said with a small wave and a small smile. Ava really didn't know where to begin with Leia's question, where to start on such an eventful day? Before she began her story she took the hairbrush from Leia's hands, "Thank you so much." she said with relief and began to brush her wet - going frizzy - hair. "Okay..well..I needed to tell someone this, and you are like the only person who would remotely care." She said the last part in a low voice. "Well...I don't know if you'll even care.." She said beginning to ramble but quickly stopped herself. Get on with it! "I just had to best day ever. Ever!" She exclaimed with a huge smile. "Okay so I've had this..crush..on a guy in our year. His name is Sterling and he's so..so perfect!" She began, "He is so cute and has a great personality and has these chocolate brown eyes..and.." She paused realizing she was sounding like a complete idiot. She handed back Leia her hairbrush.

She began to tell Leia all about her day. How she couldn't stop blushing, how she thought they sort of flirted, how they held hands to finish their 'race' evenly. "But then I just tore my hand away from his when he didn't let go, I thought I would have done something stupid and I didn't mean to just rip it away so quick." She sighed, that was definetly the lowest point of their day. "Then it started to rain-" She indicated her drenched body with her hands "- and we went down to the ground and things were kinda awkward then because of the whole 'tearing my hand away' thing, yadda yadda but then he said I looked perfect even when I was so wet." Ava said with an excited gleam in her blue eyes and decided to end her story there, her jaw was slightly sore from talking so much and she felt a bit bad for Leia who was on the listening end. "So..umm..do you think I might have a shot with him?" Ava asked her less excitedly and more seriously.

[Soooo sorry!]

Leia leaned against the wall in her purple dress as she listened to Ava explain the reason for her visit. "Oooh a crush!" she whispered excitedly when Ava first began talking. Leia kept quiet, a smile on her face, eyes wide open in interest, 'ooh'ing, 'aww'ing, and 'omgosh'ing in all the right places as Ava continued her story. By the time she was done, Leia had her hand over her mouth, suppressing a huge grin. As Ava had been describing her perfect day, Leia couldn't help but think of the time she had hung out with Kaleb.

Leia was going to share her story with Ava before she stopped and remembered the name of Ava's crush. Sterling. Couldn't be the same Sterling that was in the band she was in, could it? "What house is he in?" Leia asked semi-curiously and half nonchalantly. Although when Ava asked if she had a shot, Leia practically let out a laugh. Why would Ava even be asking this question, didn't she just hear herself gush over their perfect day and how much he clearly seemed to like her? Leia rolled her chocolate brown eyes playfully and said, "Ava please, of course he does!" Of course Leia didn't know that for a fact or anything, but from the sounds of it, he seemed to be into her, after all he hadn't pulled his hand away and he complimented her when it was raining, definitely signs of liking someone!

[No problem!]

"Slytherin." Ava said simply not even about to ask why, "It just makes him even more perfect!" She grinned happily. She could imagine the pair of them in the common room talking late at night, just the two of them. Don't get too ahead of yourself she told herself firmly, there was plenty of time for that later. Leia's answer was just the one she wanted to hear. "Oh really?! Oh my gosh.." She said the last part in an almost whisper, her cheeks turned into a pink colour.

For once Ava didn't want this whole visit to be about her, she was a right cow to Leia and she felt she should make up for it. She didn't know what to say really, Ava Prince didn't apoligise and now for the first time she wanted to, to a Hufflepuff. "Eh.." Ava swallowed, "I just..want to apoligise..for before" Ava didn't look at Leia while she spoke she managed to find everything else in the corridor surprisingly interesting though she meant what she was saying. "And for not talking to you sooner.." She then forced herself to look at her and gave her a small smile. Ava hoped that Leia would forgive her, she was friendless if she didn't.

Leia raised her eyebrows in surprise as Ava revealed that Sterling was in Slytherin. Wasn't that the same house the same Sterling from the band, was in? Leia wondered to herself. "I think I might know who he is..." the Veela girl commented quietly, thinking he and Ava were well suited for each other. The connection between Ava and Sam Prince, another member of the band, the creator in fact, still hadn't hit her yet.

Leia giggled when she noticed a light pink flush Ava's cheeks but muffled her soft laughter behind her hand, she didn't want Ava to think it was a bad thing to crush on someone who pretty much liked her back. In fact, if Leia had began telling her about Kaleb she was sure she'd act the same, if not even more foolish or dreamy-like.

The Hufflepuff stood there, standing against the wall holding her brush in her hands with curiosity written on her face as Ava began, apologizing. From what she had heard of others, Ava wasn't one to apologize, but then again, Leia didn't like to go off of what others said, she liked to get to know people herself and if they were mean, well then she just had to learn the hard way. The Veela girl smiled reassuringly as she waved off the apology and said, "No worries!" with a comforting smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back