GIMP Help

Aurora Merrythought

OOC First Name
Lexi
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Unyielding Cherry Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Ok, I am a complete failure at graphics and i feel like a weirdo not knowing how to do it soo... I was wondering if someone could tell me how to...

1. Make a new layer on GIMP
2. Change the brush colour from transparent to normal colour
3. Colour around an image of a person so I can make the background a solid colour
4. How to cut an image out of a picture and put it onto a layer of the the solid colour

Thanks <33

Not sure if you have, but check out my tutorials. I think I've included all of this in there. ^_^

Yeh I did see that. But the links don't work. ;'(

I really haven't been using GIMP long but I think I can help with a few things. (Keyword: think) :p

For number one. Creating a new layer.
335fgd5.png

Just click on the page looking icon at the bottom of the layers menu. If you don't have the layers menu just open GIMP and press Ctrl then L It should pop right up :D

*Note* I know I fail at creating a circle :r:

For Number Two. Changing the Brush colour. I don't know exactly if I did the correct thing you were asking but I thought I would decode it how I saw it and hope it was right.

5lp2qd.png

To change the brush colour you should first click on the brush icon which is the lovely green circle thingy
Then click on the black square (purple/pink circle thingy)
Then another window/menu will pop up. Pick the colour that you want the brush to be then click ok (really pretty blue coloured circle).

I don't understand what you mean for the number three so I'm no help but for the fourth one. Usually when I cut people out I use the eraser tool and zoom in to erase with better skill :p

Like I said I'm not a pro. Youtube has plenty of tutorials for GIMP though.

Thank you very much. <3

Lexi, I tried the links the other day and they didn't work. :erm:
But they're working again :D for me at least. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back