OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera was sitting in the back of the Library at a wooden table. There was a large glass window that overlooked the Hogwarts grounds. This was her favorite place in the library. She came here everytime she entered the Library. It was the same table she had once sat at with James Potter when he had fixed her knee. She had been thinking a lot about that day recently. Not because of all the kissing but because of what he had done for her knee. Kiera had a competition coming up this summer that had her stomach in knots. She was slightly afraid she would fall again only this time Alex, Cyndi, and possibly Bella would be watching.

Kiera tried not to think of the competition by distracting herself daily. Today's distraction was a muggle book, Pride and Prejudice. Kiera had probably read it a million times by now but it still brought her pleasure. She had even named one of her horses after the male hero, Darcy. Kiera's face slipped unconsiously into a charming little smile as she read. This was why she had come to this table in the library. She didn't have to worry about being disturbed as she read. Or at least that's what she thought...

Jams entered the library to pick up on some light reading, he'd definately fallen behind on his classes mainly all of them. Then again he had only returned to graduate, not to get honor role. James had been thinking alot about the past few weeks, he avoided Fiorelli after that ackward letter Erica had sent to her and seemed to be avoiding letters from Erica. Ravyn had mentioned that the Ravenclaw Journalist for the Daily Prophet was extreme about her job and even though James already knew this fact he still could get caught off guard when he saw it firsthand. James couldn't agree with some of Erica's tactics but had to be grateful to her as she was the driving force that kept his name out of the prophet. James wondered what it was going to be like next year when he returned to the world of Professional Quidditch, the memories of last year still very fresh in his head.

James saw Kiera Kingsley and slightly smiled. James couldn't help but admire how beautiful she was and she was definately good at Quidditch. James had met with several girls and while not dating them did enjoy a few magical moments with them to say the least. James had been particulary fond of both Kiera and Estrella, though he had been worried at first that the pair might try and get clingy or angry with him for not being serious about starting a relationship. James had every intention of getting serious and having another 'official' girlfriend again however right now he was interesting in just enjoying the single life, something they seemed to all share in common. James walked up and around so that he was at Kiera's side, he bent over and kissed her on the cheek not too fast but not too slow then James whispered into her ear "congradulations on beating Hufflepuff".

Kiera had been so into her book that she had not even heard anyone come into this section of the library. Therefore she had been extremely surprised to feel someone kiss her cheek. She let out a small gasp. Kiera looked up, startled. She thought it was Alex until she heard James Potter's voice. Kiera blushed as she realized it was him that kissed her. Not that she really objected.

Kiera had fond memories of James. She smiled warmly at him as he congratulated her. "Thank you though I only got one goal in on them." she said with a slight grimace. "Did you come to the game?" she asked him curiously. Kiera brushed a strand of her honey brown hair out of her face so that she could see him better. She wondered how his feelings would be towards House Quidditch when he wasn't able to play. Kiera looked up at him, her chocolate brown eyes warm.

James smiled slightly as he sat down next to Kiera. "Actually I decided to skip out on the games" James said thinking hard about how he wanted to put it, he didn't want to sound as though he though he was above school games however it was difficult enough not being able to practice or play the game without having to watch it. "I think I'm a junkie" James said with a slight smirk. "It would just be too difficult to stand on the sidelines and not want to grab my broomstick and take the snitch" James said remebering the position he played when he had captained Hogwarts Scotland's Gryffindor Team. Now that James thought about it, he'd been playing Quidditch for as long as he could remember. First he played at home with his cousins and friends and then once he'd gone to Hogwarts he'd been playing for the team.

"So how do you think your going to do in your match with Ravenclaw?" James asked thinking that it might be a bit better to revert the conversation onto her and not him. "I heard their Seeker is pretty good" James said though knowing that he was probably better. Ravenclaw had won their match against Slytherin meaning that they would probably be putting on a good match against Gryffindor. James also knew that if Gryffindor lost in their match against Ravenclaw they would need to seriously cream Slytherin in order to stand a chance for the cup as Ravenclaw was currently in the lead. "It would be nice for Gryffindor to have something to show for those that are leaving" James said, not really considering himself as one of those people. It's wasn't that James disliked New Zealand it was only that it was not really his school after having gone five years in the other Hogwarts. Things were done a bit differently overhere which kinda put James aside from his normal going on's.

Kiera smiled as James sat down next to her. It meant that he wanted to have a conversation with her. Kiera nodded her head understandingly as he talked about Quidditch. It was as Kiera thought, it was too hard to sit on the sidelines and watch. Kiera couldn't even imagine having to sit on the bench during a game. Kiera laughed as James said it would be too hard for him to watch without trying to catch the snitch. "Imagine the look on the ref's face if you just grabbed your broom and flew into the air." she said laughing again. James would not get a good reaction. "You need to at least come to part of a game. Don't you wanna see me fly?" she asked, her eyes sparkling playfully.

Kiera thought about her answer to his next question. She knew that the match against Ravenclaw was going to be a tough one. She wasn't sure what the outcome would be. She decided to be honest with James instead of cocky. "In honesty, I really don't know. Both teams are really good and it will be difficult to beat them. I think we can do it though." she said confidently. Kiera really wanted to win, not just for herself but for her housemates. Kiera nodded her head. "I really want the Cup for all of y'all graduation. I know this first cup will be something special." she said, her accent coming out thicker than usually.

James smiled slightly as Kiera mentioned him seeing her fly, a few thoughts came to mind however James decided best not to answer as Kiera confessed her doubts on the next match. "That's not Gryffindor talk" James said with a smile "you have to be confident in your abilities" James said with a strong conviction. "I never ever went to a game without 100% confidence that my team was going to win, no matter what the odds" James said thinking about a few of the Canon Matches he'd had in which they went out and simply got creamed by the opposing team. James smiled as he noticed her accent, it was a bit different from the one he himself had but it was kinda quaint in a homey kinda way. James had to wonder if American's spoke like this or if it was just because of Kiera's upbringing. Either way, James would've been lying if he said he didn't like it.

James liked talking with Kiera, especially when it came to things like Quidditch. For some unknown reason she was probably one of those people that he could spend the rest of his life talking with about matches that had gone on in the past. James oftened talked about Quidditch matches with Ravyn especially since she'd been playing the game in the professional leagues for quite some time. James looked into Kiera's eyes and could see himself getting more and more lost in them. James decided that it was best not to put somethings off, especially if he was sure that they were going to happen with or without his planning on them. Slowly James leaned in close and began kissing Kiera just as he had done the last time they'd talked in the Library, though this time James wasn't nearly as worried about getting caught as he was the time before. James simply decided to enjoy the moment with Kiera as they seemed to be rare.

Kiera laughed slightly as James told her that wasn't Gryffindor talk. "I was just trying to be honest since its just us Gryffindors here. Trust me the other Houses would never hear talk like this. It Gryffindor all the way." she said, knowing his advice was true. James had more experience than Kiera did. She knew that she should take anything he said about Quidditch seriously. She knew they could probably stay on this subject all day. Kiera noticed as she talked how much her Southern accent was coming out. She normally tried to hold it back but when she was comfortable with the other person, she didn't bother. Her accent usually came out strongly at those times. Kiera was definitely comfortable around James. She still didn't understand why people made such a big deal about him just because of his father.

Kiera's heart sped up as James looked straight back into her eyes. It didn't make any sense. He was just looked at her. But then he got closer and closer. Before Kiera could say anything, James's lips were on hers. She didn't even think about it. She automatically kissed him back. Kiera would be lying if she said that she didn't like kissing him. It was just like the last time in the library except for one thing. Kiera had a boyfriend now. The realization of what she was doing dawned on her. She pulled back from James. "I can't do this. I have a boyfriend James." she said confused at what had just happened.

James was a bit taken aback when Kiera pulled away and mentioned she had a boyfriend. James had never even considered that scenario and had to admit it was something he was unprepared for. Kiera however had kissed him back, James was sure of that as he could still taste her lips on his which kinda left James in a state of confusion. On one hand, the ethical boundaries had been crossed by James kissing someone elses' girlfriend and he knew that he wouldn't have want that to happen to him. On the other hand, James was pretty sure something like that would never happen to him since he was a pretty good catch and most girls he dated rarely even thought about anyone else much less flirt with them. James was sure that despite Kiera's hesitation that she had wanted to continue with the way things had been going.

Part of James really wanted to just screw ethics and continue on with the interesting time they'd been having only a few moments prior however the part of him that had been raised to do what was right was stronger. James felt bad for putting Kiera in this situation as he stood up, for some reason he felt the need to get away and think "I'm sorry" James said with true meaning. "I shouldn't have done that" James said quickly as he looked at Kiera dead in the eye "let's just pretend that didn't happen then" James said though he had already pushed his chair in the desk "I have to go, I promised someone I would help them with something important" James said knowing that his lie was pretty see through, however he did want to avoid the ackwardness that was sure to come as James began to leave the library rather quickly. James felt a bit stupid as he walked to the Commonroom knowing that what he'd done was wrong, however a large part of him felt that it had been alright and more importantly enjoyable. James decided that he would have to think about this a bit more before deciding what he wanted to do.

Kiera held her breath as she waited to see what James would do. It surprised her slightly as he just gave up. However, it made her feel a little more at ease as he apologized to her. Kiera didn't have time to say anything as James quickly left the library. Kiera sighed and leaded her head down on the desk, not really sure what to do. Kiera sat like that for some while. Eventually she got up and went to her dorm, confused. She didn't have a clue as to what she was going to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back