Getting Back in the Swing of Things

"I do need to fight for him!" Kailey exclaimed glad noone else seemed to want to come to the lakefront that day. "I may be just overemotional right now, but I think I may actually be falling in love with him." Kailey said, Kat was jealous? Kailey supposed it made sense, Kat had been through this before but she didn't end up with Makoto, and the year before had been a total bust love wise for her best friend. But then again, who was to say she would get back with Njord? For all she knew the talk would be a complete disaster, a couple hints of worry flickered across her eyes.

Kat was slightly startled by Kailey's very zealous reaction, but couldn't help but crack a goofy grin. Love? Must be nice she thought to herself, but shook that thought from her head. This was Kailey's moment and she wasn't going to let her personal feelings get in the way. Kat didn't miss the worried look on her friends face, knowing that there was still some doubt there she said, "Hey, I'll be right there if you need me! You can do this! I know you can!"

Kailey then proceeded to wrap her fried in a hug as good as she could manage as they were both sitting down. "Thank you so much Kat... I definitely owe you one, you're such a good friend." Kailey said once she had released Kat from the hug. Her friends did too much for her and she never seemed to be able to return the favor, she made a promse to herself at that moment to help her friends even more then she did. She really did have some of th greatest friends anyone could ask for.

Laughing at the awkward position in which they were hugging, Kat hugged her friend back and said, "Meh, what are best friends for?" She thought for a moment and then asked Kailey, "Why don't you send him an owl? Just telling him that you want to meet and talk."

"Thats a good idea..." Kailey said having not thought of it herself, "Do you have any parchment?" she asked wanting to get the letter written at the very least. That way she would have a better chance of actually sending it to him rather than putting it off until 5th year, which is probably what she would wind up doing.

As luck would have it Kat did have her school bag with her. She tugged out a piece of parchment and her self-inking quill. "Here! Once you're done we can take it to the owlery and have Lavender deliver it to him." Kat said. If they went directly to deliver it then that wouldn't give Kailey and chance to change her mind.

Kailey pulled one of her larger sized books out of her bag and layed it on her lap as a surface, Took the writing supplies from Kat, and began to write. She decided on a rather short note rather than a long drawn out letter and when she was done she handed the quill back to Kat as she inspected it, she turned it to Kat for a second opinion. "Is it good enough?" she asked hesitantly
Dear Njord,
I know things have been kind of off these past few days. But I think we need to get together and talk. I'll be waiting at the north tower tomorrow at around sunset.

Kailey

It wasn't exactly her best letter but everything she thought of sounded stupid. Even this counded odd as she read through it, Maybe it was just her psyching herself out. Which was why she had to get the second opinion from Kat.

Kat sat quietly while Kailey wrote the note to Njord. When asked for her opinion she read over what her friend had written. It was short, sweet, and to the point. "I think that will do the trick." Kat said as she handed the letter back to Kailey. She stood up and stretched then looked to Kailey saying, "Off to the owlery we go then. Before you lose your nerve!"

Kailey stood up slowly and dropped the heavy book back in her bag. "I suppose thats a good idea." she said, her friend really did know her too well. For that she was thankful, even if it did get annoying at times. She turned around and started walking with Kat to the castle, to send off the letter that would seemingly rush fate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back