OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Larch Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Glad to get the trips to the lower levels out of the way, Jacob knew he knew the name on this next one. Her face was just out of recognition though it hit him as he reached the corridor where Slytherin House was located. He scowled. She was a friend of Diana's. He stomped the rest of the way, stopping a small Slytherin and nearly barking at them to get Dominique. He only just managed to stay on this side of pleasant, leaning against the wall, a dark expression on his face as he waited. If he ran into Diana and happened to curse her because her sister had sent him down here, it would be on Rose Holland.

As tradge as it was to think about spending Valentines alone, Domi was determined to see the best of it. With no date to the dance, anything was possible, and she was sure the pink rose she had sent without telling anyone was winging its way to its target right now, a cupid's arrow she had sent out into the universe to bring the boy of her dreams back to her. In the mean time there was nothing to do but wait for adoration to find her. Domi had taken a moment to herself in her dorm, checking her makeup and hair. She wanted to look perfect all day, since there was never any predicting when romance was going to strike. It wasn't long though, before someone was calling her out into the dungeon, and Domi couldn't keep the grin off her face. This was it! A rose, just for her, from someone who loved her! The face she saw when she stepped out of the common room surprised her though. Domi had heard all about Jacob Kingsley from Diana, and she knew he was a sketchy one. Diana wasn't here though, and there was no harm in at least putting on a nice face to see how he acted around her. So Domi smiled brightly as she approached him, giving a small wave. "Hey, Jakey!" Domi said happily. "You were looking for me?"

Jacob's eyes narrowed in suspicion when Dominique came out all bright and happy. He didn't know her overly well, just from classes. But he assumed she would be more like Diana. He even looked over the girl's shoulder to be sure this wasn't some trick to get him to let down his guard. "Yea" he said as he pushed off the wall, her rose already in his hand. "Here you go." He paused for a minute. "It's Jake, by the way" he added. Jakey was what his parents still called him, but he couldn't let the kids here know that. It sounded like a baby's name.

Domi!

You’re a good friend, and you have a great sense of humor. Thanks for being there for me. It’s always nice to hang out with you.

Xxx Diana

Domi smiled brightly as she accepted the rose, laughing lightly at Jacob's comment. "I know your name, silly, that's why I called you Jakey. It's cuter." Domi grinned, patting his arm gently. He definitely seemed a bit grumpy, but there was no way to tell how accurate Diana's feelings about him were from that alone. Domi kept trying to figure out Jacob as she turned her attention to the rose, opening its card, a smile spreading across her face as she read it. "Awww, Diiiiiii..." She said, sighing happily. It was such a thoughtful message, and she would have to thank her best friend later. Right now, though, Domi had information to gather. Lowering her voice a little, she leaned in closer to Jacob, giving him a serious look. "You don't get on with Diana, right? Why is that?" Glancing around, Domi leaned closer and lowered her voice even more, deciding to take a risk and see how Jacob would respond. "You know, she's like, my best friend and everything, but she can be such a jerk sometimes. Especially since she dumped that creepy guy. I mean, I love her of course, but you know, sometimes..." She shrugged, glancing around again. Domi didn't necessarily want to stir up any drama with her friend group, but if Jacob was willing to give her any dirt on Diana it could be good to have in her back pocket, just in case.

Jacob made a face as she called him Jakey again and patted his arm. Like he was a child. He shifted away from it, watching as she read the note. It took all that he had to prevent himself from reacting when she mentioned it was from Diana. Had he known earlier, he probably would have burned it. As it was, he wanted to pantomime vomiting. But he held back and was rather proud of himself for doing so. Jacob was ready to turn away when Dominique's friend began talking again, a curious expression on his face before he shrugged, very non-committal. As she asked him about his feud with Diana and then went on to talk about her herself, Jacob couldn't believe what he was hearing. The news was quite interesting and amusing. It was always fun to hear gossip. But he couldn't believe he was hearing this from her friend. Her 'best' friend according to the girl before him. Somehow he doubted that. It almost made him feel bad for Diana. Almost but not quite. "...you sure?" he muttered, wishing he had more room to back up. He felt uncomfortable around this girl. She wasn't as nice as she sounded. "I gotta go...tons of deliveries, ya know" he added, giving the bucket a little shake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back