Geburtstagswarten

Alexandra Hohenstein

OOC First Name
Mina
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
November Eleventh 2025. 12 years... And it was the first time away from home. Alix was midly worried about it but nevertheless waited for her friends to show up, trying to pass time with her studies. Studies... on her birthday...
'Oh well, I will contend with some things I think.' Anyway... Charms... History... She liked history but knew that some others didn't, shame. She stood up impatiently and thought about going back to her dorm and retrieve her presents, but didn't. Instead, she walked over to the nearest bookshelf and took down a book and started reading it, waiting as patiently as she could.

Hiria knew that today, November 11th was her friend and roommate Alix's birthday. She headed to the Student Lounge with a card that she had made. She saw her friend reading, obviously waiting for her and other friends. She smiled, went up to her and said "Happy Birthday Alix!" and gave her a hug.

Alix looked up now and then from her book, which in her opinion was actually interesting but still... she missed people. She hadn't met most of them for a very long while. Hiria was still there and she liked her bubblyness, but still... She really hoped that Nadia and Penny could make it.
Looking up again, she smiled broadly as at least Hiria could make it. It was very much better than nothing...
What was this, she thought quietly. Was she beginning to become a loner? No way. Period. That is not allowed to happen.
She hugged her friend back heartily and said thanks in the hug. It felt good, really. With all the studying she was trying to do, it was no wonder she started to become a bit gloomy.

Hiria said happily "I made you a card!" and gave it to her. It was blue, and had Hiria's very best attempt at drawing a Raven on the cover, thought it did look more like a duck, or a chicken. It said "Happy Birthday Alix! From your roommate and friend Hiria xxxooo" It also had an acrostic Poem for Alix It said "
Amazing Friend
Lovely to be around
Intelligent
X-tremely nice!"
Hiria added "I hope you like it."

It was very nice of Hiria to go through all this fuss. Alix was quite happy with it, despite the duckishness of the Raven. She hugged her back again, tighter this time, holding the lovely card in her hands. Aftera while, she realised that something had to be said: "Thanks Hiria. I love it so much. You're a really good friend." Done, and she'd better not go all that sentimental, she thought as she got a bit teary. Funny, she usually wasn't that sentimental. Maybe the times has changed...

"You're very welcome!" Hiria said. "Sorry I couldn't buy you a gift, I'm a bit low on Galleons at the moment." she added. "And as we sometimes say in Maori: Ahakoa he iti he pounamu. It literally means Although it is small, it is greenstone. Greenstone is usually precious. It's another way of saying 'Although the girft is small, it is given out of love." Hiria added.

Alexandra looked up againin slight surprise as she listened. Then she shook her head at the mention of Galleons. "And it's the heart that counts Hiria. Really..." She stood up solemnly and continued: "You shouldn't have gone through all this trouble. I'm content anyways. Thank you." She sat automatically down again and took her schoolstuffs out once more and sighed at the massive amount of it. "Well, how much homework do you have now?" Alix asked neutrally.

"Quite a bit." Hiria answered. "My birthday's soon too. November 30th." She added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back