Gazing at the Lake

Tichondrius Illitharis

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Tichondrius walked around the perimeter of the lake, enjoying the cool lake breeze. Picking a likely looking spot under a tree, he sat down. Picking up a loose but sturdy branch, he flicked his hand and used his ceremonial dagger to whittle away at it carefully. A small pile of wood shavings built up near him. Out of the corner of his eye, Tichondrius saw a black eye rise out of the lake. Waving amiably to the eye, he continued whittling.

Amarante walked along the lake side, her thoughts blank, she had thought about everything inside and out, and she now assumed it would be safest and easiest to let fate take control, though she didn't really believe in fate. This all had to work out for the best, whether that be the best for her or for the world, or for someone else she didn't know but she would face it all with her smile of wax and her azure blue eyes dancing with fake joyfulness.

As she walked along she spotted a boy, about the same age as she, whittling, it wasn't something she had seen before-at least not face to face so she decided she would walk towards the boy, and see if he had anything remotely important or interesting to say. When she reached the boy she set her intoxicating gaze on his and bowed her head politely and then spoke in her heavy Taiwanese accent, "Hello."

Tichondrius looked up at the girl who had spoken, in a heavy Taiwanese accent. He smiled at her, slipped the dagger back into its holster absent-mindedly, got to his feet and bowed. "Hello. My name is Tichondrius Illitharis, a first year Hufflepuff. What's your name?"

Amarante couldn't help but smile at the boy's actions and think to herself, Polite, more polite then I would have been I suppose. "It's a pleasure to meet you Illitharis, I'm Amarante Ming." Amarante let gave the boy a smile of wax before continuing with her simple introduction, "First year Slytherin."

"A pleasure to meet you, Ming," he said. Tichondrius sat down on the ground again. He flicked his dagger out and picked up the branch again, then indicated the spot next to him. "Would you like to join me?"

Amarante bowed her head gently, she was not going to curtsy, her place of residence has stopped that a while ago. Amarante gave the boy a smile of wax then she said, "If it isn't any trouble." Amarante took a seat next to him. When she sat down she crossed her legs carefully, she didn't want to rip her outfit.

"No, not at all," he said. When she had seated herself, he continued whittling, a few moments of slience filling the air between them. "Excuse me for asking such a rude question, Ming, but are you from Taiwan?" he asked, as he carefully used the dagger to carve sections of the branch out, then paused and held it out. The branch was notably shorter now, and the shape of some animal could be made out. He turned towards her, and explained, "You see, your accent sounds similar to the way a friend of mine sounded initially when I met her, and she said she was from Taiwan."

As silence wore on then lids of Amarante's blue eyes slid over but were opened when Illitharis asked her a question. Amarante nodded her head once said gently, "Yes, I'm from Tai Pei." Amarante was certain that anyone that knew of Tai Wan would know of Tai Pei, it was such an obvious city. "Where are you from?" Amarante asked as she tried to make out the animal he was whittling.

"Well," he said, carving more of the wood away, "I'm currently using a house that my family owns on Stewart Island. Been living there for sometime now. My parents are back home in England in the main mansion." Tichondrius carefully ran the dagger down the wood, carving minute feathers into the animal. "Do you like Taipei?" he asked her.

Amarante bit her lip at Illitharis' question and said, "Yes I like Tai Pei." When Amarante said 'like' is was spoken slower and with a bit of curiosity at what her answer should or would be if she was a normal student, well they probably wouldn't be in this situation for one.

Tichondrius tilted his head back and observed her for a while, then he shrugged and resumed his carving. Soon, wings and a tail could be made out, as well as a carved beak. "How do you like Hogwarts so far? I would think the climate is somewhat different from back in Taipei."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back