OOC First Name
Clara
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Kaia didn't know what to do now. She had studied for most of the day and she was beginning to get a headache. She rolled out of bed, as instead of going to the student lounge or the library she had decided to stay in the dorms to study. No one else was in here and she didn't feel like going down to the common room either, so she had stayed here, only leaving for meals. It was close to dinner time and her stomach was growling. The fifth year sighed, maybe taking a walk would ease the headache before she would go eat something. She shut her book and safely put it away in her bag before she left the common room and began to stroll around the castle.

The Ravenclaw tried every day to be optimistic about the fact that she only had three more years of this place and then she was out, but having little to no friends really made it difficult for her to ignore how long three years were starting to feel. OWLs were this year too and that made it no better. Kaia stopped walking, glancing at the door of the antiquated lavatory. She had second thoughts and continued walking along the corridors. After a couple of minutes Kaia ended up on the Third Floor. She shrugged, and took a seat on one of the benches near the trophy room, somewhere Kaia hadn't been to recently.
<i></i>

It felt vain, but Lizzie couldn't help herself. Being part of a cup-winning team filled Lizzie with pride, and as much as she didn't want to be overly gloating, it felt... really nice to just go and see the cup they had won. It was real proof of her time here at school. Whatever else she did or didn't do, Lizzie had helped her team to victory, and she could be proud of that. She didn't want to spend too much time staring at the cup though, and after visiting the cup she felt like it was time to go have a quick practice before dinner. No need to get caught up in glory and forget how important it was to put in the hard work.

Leaving the trophy room and making her way down the hallway Lizzie was surprised to see a girl she recognised from a few classes, but had never spoken to sitting nearby. The girl looked a little unhappy, and after a moment's internal debate Lizzie decided to put practice aside for later and see if she could do anything, flopping into a seat next to the girl. "Hey." She said with a smile she hoped was coming across as sympathetic. "You look kinda down, everything okay?"

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="black">It had been a while since Kaia last had a proper conversation with someone other than her family or those slightly younger than her, so when a girl's voice spoke she glanced at her, and noticed it was someone from her own year, though her name escaped the Ravenclaw. In that moment she wished she would have known more people in her grade even if she only knew their names. It would make talking to them this much easier. "I don't know," she admitted truthfully, and shifted so that she could face the Gryffindor as they spoke. There really wasn't any point in trying to convince anyone otherwise, especially since her classmate had been very nice to initiate a conversation with her to see if she was alright. Kaia knew she wasn't feeling great, and hadn't been, for the past couple of months. She heaved a sigh. "I don't think so."

As glad as she was that her classmate didn't try to hide anything from her, Lizzie wasn't entirely sure what she could do for the girl. She didn't know the Ravenclaw at all, really, and didn't know exactly what she could do to help. That wasn't going to stop Lizzie from trying though, she was in this now, and she wanted to do her best to help the other girl. "That sucks." She said gently, and gave her a slightly timid smile. "I know we don't know each other or whatever but if you need someone to talk to, I wouldn't mind." She said encouragingly. "I'm Lizzie. I don't remember your name, sorry, but I know we're in the same year."

Kaia had no idea what made her reveal what she was feeling, because she wasn't used to doing so with people other than her family, but maybe it was the fact that she was tired of trying to pretend that everything was okay when it clearly wasn't. At least the girl, Lizzie, seemed to empathise with her instead of awkwardly walking away. It was possibly what she needed right now. "Nice to finally meet you Lizzie, my name's Kaia," she said, forcing a small smile, even though it did not come out quite right. She sighed. "I feel like ever since I found out about who I really am I‘ve begun to see things differently. I don't know how to act around certain people anymore now that I know the truth, and I‘m trying to be optimistic about everything that‘s going on, but I can't seem to do it." She paused. She had no idea where she was going with this, as she knew that to anyone who had no idea what was going on in Kaia‘s life, it was confusing and didn't make much sense. "It‘s hard, you know? I can't sleep properly, I have hardly eaten anything for two entire days and all I seem to do as a distraction is study, but even that doesn't seem to be working." She looked down at her hands, wondering if there was something she was doing wrong. "Sometimes, I just want to be someone else, someone who has it a lot easier." She glanced at Lizzie. "Is that a bad thing to want?"
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back