Fun with a Friend

Jacob Finley

Thundelarra Thunderer Seeker l Back Home
OOC First Name
Tamara
Wand
Straight 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Alder Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Jacob was still as awkward as ever, but it had gotten a bit better. Especially with friends, it only was hard when that friend was also pretty awkward. It wasn't the best combination, but he did like to be around Kira.

Jacob had send her an owl with a note and he hoped they could practice some spells together. He hoped that she was half decent at them, Jacob couldn't even produce a simple light on his wand he was absolutely useless. His wand lay beside him and somehow Jacob resented the piece of wood. He understood the theory and how it worked, but it didn't want to work.

Wands were just a piece of wood, so why could it do magic. Jacob looked at the door and waited for Kira to come in.

Kira had been a bit surprised to receive an owl from Jacob, but also delighted. She had been surprised to receive his rose. She hadn't thought to send one herself, unsure of where the two stood. She felt more confident as she packed her bag with snacks and the yellow rose he had sent her, a blue ribbon tied around its stem. She wasn't sure if it would be alright, but she wouldn't know until she tried. She knew that books wouldn't be necessary today, so she slung her bag over her shoulder and headed for the abandoned classroom Jacob had asked her to meet him in.

It didn't take her very long to find it, so she opened the door and strolled in. "Jacob?" She asked, looking around. It didn't take her long to spot him. She smiled at him and walked over, pulling the rose from her bag. "Sorry I didn't send you one," She started, holding it out. "I can still give you one, though, right?" She asked, biting her lip. The yellow only meant friendship, but she was still a bit nervous just handing a boy a rose.

When Jacob spotted Kira a smile appeared on his face. Even if he sucked at doing magic at a magical school, she always seemed to happy and joyful. Were Jacob was usually cranky and annoyed. When Jacob recieved the rose from Kira he looked at her. It was a nice gesture and he twirled it in his hands. ''Doesn't matter and yes I think so'' Jacob said to Kira.

They only were less anonymous this way. ''Thanks for the rose, how have you been?'' Jacob muttered while closing his charms books. He was still looking for some help with those, but a fun talk at first was also good.

"You're welcome," Kira let out a sigh of relief and sat in a chair next to Jacob.

"I've been busy as usual," She told him with a smile. "Studying, writing my sister every night. What about you?" She asked, tucking her hair behind her ear. She noticed his wand on the desk next to him and could understand his difficulties. She hadn't had the same trouble with magic, but she had certainly had the same doubts. She hoped that maybe she could help him with the practical side to it.

Jacob smiled and looked at Kira who was seating next to him. She was telling him how she had been busy and wrote her sister every night. Jacob didn't even write his parents that much and he was busy as hell. ''Well I am busy with checking books and learning more about this world'' Jacob muttered. Books were his thing and he loved to write and get lectures about it. Magic was awful and not as much as fun.Jacob glanced back at his wand and was sure Kira wanted to help him with Lumos. ''Kira, can you help me with the spell Lumos?'' Jacob muttered almost silently. He hated to ask people for help and he hated magic so this was going to be fun.

Kira smiled as Jacob told her what he'd been up to, about to comment on how she could bring him more books from the library, when he spoke so quietly she almost didn't hear him.

She stopped a moment, blinking in surprise. "Oh, of course I will." She spoke without hesitation once she understood the question. "Lumos is the light spell, right?" She pulled out her wand. "What exactly do you want to do?"

The books that Kira brought him from the library had been amazing. He loved reading them and Kira was nice enough to supply him with more. When Jacob asked her about Lumos she said yes without hesitation. Something Jacob liked about her. When Kira asked if it was the light spell or not Jacob nodded. ''Well magic or the spell, I just suck at magic'' Jacob said while twirling his wand in his hand. Jacob had been pretty hopeless with the spells and charms they had to learn.

Kira thought over what Jacob had said. She had read of wizards who had trouble with magic, and it was usually something to do with the wand. She studied Jacob's wand, attempting to see what it was. "Well... is it because you aren't confident with your magic? I've read that there are some wands that only do well if you believe in them." She offered, trying to bring up every bit of wand trivia to mind. "What's your wand made of?"

Magic just wasn't something Jacob liked. He did love the theory and lectures, but hated the wand waving and silly incantations. Maybe he was the only one at the whole school, but he did love the lectures. ''I just like lectures and note making more'' Jacob muttered when Kira said he wasn't confident. When Kira asked what he wand was made of he had to think. ''I think it was a Straight 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Alder Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core.'' He wasn't very sure, but he was definitely close.

Kira took a piece of paper and scribbled down what the wand was. She would have to look into it later. "Well, you know," she started as she slipped the paper back into her pocket. "I've read of a few notable wizards who weren't very good with magic. Just off the top of my head, there were two Professors at the other Hogwarts. Slughorn wasn't good with magic but he taught and had the respect of a lot of other notable wizards. Then there was Professor Lockheart. Granted he was a bad man who used a memory charm to fake all his fame, but you have to admit he did really well with his one charm."

When Kira told about the two Professors that weren't very good at magic either, but had fields of their own Jacob felt more at place. Maybe he wasn't the only useless person who went to this school. He was good at blocking spells and maybe that was his thing. A lot of defensive magic and a giant brain that would be his thing probably. Jacob smiled and looked at Kira, she really wanted to make something out of him. ''Maybe I am not the only loser around then'' Jacob muttered. ''So how do you want to fix me'' Jacob smiled broadly.

Kira looked at Jacob with slight indignation in her eyes. She reached out and thumped him lightly upside the head. "You're going to stop thinking like that," She warned him cheerily. "You're perfectly marvelous just the way you are. If you want to practice your magic, we can do that. But just remember that me and that Slytherin girl, we love you just the way you are," She told him as she pulled her wand out of her robe.

She paused though as she realized what she had said. She turned bright red. "I, ah, when I say love, I-I mean it in a t-totally, totally friendly way. Like, uh, siblings, you know? I have a sister, like that sorta love, I mean, ah..." She groaned and gave him a shy smile. "I'm awkward aren't I?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back