Fourth Years, Lesson Three

LESSON THREE

Noel stood beside the door opening of the classroom so he could see how everyone walked in. He wanted to make sure they felt safe in the classroom and it was an difficult and sometimes emotional subject which the fourth years would learn this year. He gave an friendly smile and once everyone was inside he walked to his desk and turned his face to the class. '' Goodmorning everyone.'' He spoke after clearing his throat. He was perhaps even more tense for this lesson than last. Since this curse was used by one of his family members. But all the more reason to learn the students how terrible this was.

'' Today we continue the lessons on Unforgivable Curses. We will be learning about the Cruciatus Curse this time.'' He than leaned to his desk and folded his arms over eachother. '' When the curse is casted succesfully, it will inflict excruciating pain.. on it's victim.'' He couldn't help but let his mind slip to his cousin for an moment, but continued. '' The nature of the curse is dark. To be able to successful cast this spell, you truly need to want inflict excruciating pain on your victim.'' Noel than explained. He hoped no one would even think of this. He had to practice himself a lot to be able to show his students. He saw some faces looking nervous. Ofcourse he wouldn't practice on an student. So he would quickly tell them. '' I told you, that I would be demonstrating all of these curses. So I will show you the Cruciatus Curse today.'' Noel than told them. '' He than pointed to the jar with an cattle tick inside, with his wand. '' That's why I brought this with me today.'' He gave an serious look. The previous professor used this and Noel figured it could do. He didn't enjoyed hurting but he could put his feelings aside in this position. He tilted the jar sideways, giving the tick the opportunity to walk out and onto the table. The creature was so slow after its feast that he didn’t bother to slow it down even further. Instead, he pointed his wand at the little insect and enlarged it by using Engorgio on the tick.

Once the insect was about the size of a large rat, Noel turned towards the students again. ''I will be brief but even then this curse can cause a lot of pain.'' He then raised his wand at the insect once more and said, ''Crucio!'' The tick buckled and writhed in agony. If it had the ability to make noises, the Professor was sure that the classroom would be filled with its cries of pain. It was clear that the insect suffered as it was twisting and straining its eight legs, so once he was sure that the students had taken the curse in, he ended the spell. Thankfully, it was still in one piece after being subjected to the curse.

Noel than sighted and looked at the classroom. ''Unfortunately, causing pain is not the only thing this spell is known for. If the victim of this curse is subjected to it for long periods of time, it can drive said victim into insanity. I imagine that all of you can see now why it is considered an Unforgivable curse?'' The brown haired man told them and made sure to watchd them with an serious look. '' I don't need to remind you to the consequenses if you choose to use them.'' Noel took this seriously. He paused for a moment to cast the shrinking charm on the tick so that he could put it back into the glass jar. '' That is all for today. For next week, please write a detailed essay about the history of the Cruciatus Curse.'' He then dismissed the class and seated himself behind his desk again, making sure to watch how the students left. And to be able to talk about the lesson if needed.

Roleplay the lesson!
For extra credit , write a short essay about the Cruciatus Curse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back