Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Hetersosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Unyielding Pear Wand with Boomslang venom Core
I was just wondering if there were any rules, if not rules maybe suggested guidelines for having characters work for foreign ministries of magic such as the British MOM or Australia etc. Obviously for low level positions I'm guessing there won't be much need to regulate that but I'm thinking of head of departments or even Minister for Magic.

Solution
It's enough work for us to keep track of New Zealand's politics and ministry, and since the site is New Zealand focused, that will always be our primary concern.

When it comes to working for other ministries, you are free to say that you work for one. It is fairly similar to our opinion on people attending other wizarding schools - Yes, they exist. No, we won't be making any of them.

With that said, however, we do discourage people from saying that their characters are Ministers for Magic. It would need plot approval, for one thing, and, thus far, we have denied every request we have received for people to lead other ministries on the basis that we don't want to even begin to have to keep track of the political goings on in...
I personally don't know of any rules for any of the more important positions, but when it comes to things like a regular employee, I just write it down and stick them in the "other employees" group. So this is something I would like to know too. ^_^

I am pretty sure that for the important positions like the Minister of Magic for other countries, you need to have admin approval and whatnot. Lower level positions I'm not so sure of though.

It's enough work for us to keep track of New Zealand's politics and ministry, and since the site is New Zealand focused, that will always be our primary concern.

When it comes to working for other ministries, you are free to say that you work for one. It is fairly similar to our opinion on people attending other wizarding schools - Yes, they exist. No, we won't be making any of them.

With that said, however, we do discourage people from saying that their characters are Ministers for Magic. It would need plot approval, for one thing, and, thus far, we have denied every request we have received for people to lead other ministries on the basis that we don't want to even begin to have to keep track of the political goings on in however many countries might have a ministry.

I hope that answers your question. :)

Solution
Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back