Ford & Sophia

Conri smirked, "You have heard the bean sí, then. You are the last descendent of the Tuatha De Danaan, the peoples of the goddess Danu, the last gods of Eire. You are the last of the ancient blood. That is why you can hear the death song of the bean sí, that is why you are permitted here. Only those of the ancient blood may come here."

Sophia returned Ford's smile and turned to face the ghost, listening to its words. She did not understand what he was talking about, but she did not like the part about only those of ancient blood may come here. Although unsure, Sophia had a feeling she was not of ancient blood. She stared up at the ghost, slightly worried, but more confused.

Ford stared blankly up at the ghost, unsure of what to think. He did not know what any of what he was told meant, for him, or for anybody. "Does this mean I'm some sort of messiah?" Ford said, getting a bit aggravated with the spectre's reticence, "And, just in case you were thinking of it. You won't hurt her," Ford cocked his head towards for Sophia.

Sophia squeezed Ford's hand and looked up at him with an appreciative smile before looking back to the ghost, waiting to see how he would react.

Conri smirked at the youth'd miscomprehension. "As you wish Deiridh Mac," the ghost nodded slightly, and held his hand up, palm towards Ford, as if waiting to recieve a high five, but he put his hand down. "And we have no messianic prophecy for this, you are just the last bearer of the Old Blood, young one." The knight looked between the two students, "And what are your names, Deiridh Mac?"

Ford cocked his head at the shade's response toward his request, confused. He was not sure as to how to react in this situation. "My name is Ford Harkonnen. And this is Sophia Stark, you are never to hurt her, and she will always be welcome here."

Sophia's confusion grew as the ghost continually referred to Ford as Deiridh Mac, and she had no idea what they might mean. She smiled up at Ford as he protected her, touched that he cared for her so much. After a few moments, she returned her attention to the ghost, hoping he would alleviate her confusion.

Conri held his palm up again, acknowledging the Deiridh Mac's request, and bowed his head solemnly, "The Deiridh Mac's request shall be honored." He raised his head again, and unsheathed his sword. It's ethereal blade emblazoned with runes, glowing in blue and green, casting a ghostly light on the two students. He looked between the two of them, "The High Kings of Ireland welcome you, Deiridh Mac. Do you accept their honor?"

Ford cocked his head to the side, "What do you mean? He asked, confused, "Am I some sort of king?"

"A king with no nation," Conri said sorrowfully. "You are the last pure descendant of any High King of Ireland, and as such, you are the only living creature with claim to the Throne. But, the Kingdom of Ireland has been dissolved from the Tuatha De Danaan into petty nations. You may be king. But you have no nation, state, or country, except in the darkest corners of the souls of the a few."

Ford was a little taken aback by this information. "So, I'm a king." He said. For once, his cockiness was not there, replaced by confusion. Then stony resolve came upon him, "Thank you, knight. I accept their honor. By what name may I address you?"

Sophia's expression had contorted into a mix of confusion and a bit of fear. She looked to Ford thinking, a king? She looked back up at the ghost, unsure of what to think at this point.

Conri smiled a toothy grin at the Deiridh Mac's acceptance of the Throne, however meager the title in this bastard aeon. "You may call me, Sir Conri Mac Giolla Ri, or just Sir Conri. But now, I must resume by watch of the bean si. It is an honor to serve you, Deiridh Mac." The ghost concluded before quietly disappearing into nothing.

"The honor is mine, Sir Conri," Ford said then turned to Sophia. Worry and confusion etched upon his eyes, inadequately hidden under an impassive mask, "We should get going."

Sophia took a moment before turning to Ford, looking as if her mind had been elsewhere. He expression still showed confusion and fear. "Yes, we should be leaving." She said this as if it had been a recording being played back, making no move toward leaving as she stared at Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back