Alternate RP For the First Time Cont.

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.

Ophelia Reilly

part-veela

Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young
Wand
too young
Ophelia nodded lightly, glad that he didn't think her silly or make fun of her for what she'd said. In fact he seemed pretty okay with it. He was watching as she made the tea, but it did not throw her. She reached out and took his hand as it was extended out to her. She wasn't sure how big this place would be but was happy to be led by him. "How long have you lived here in New Zealand?" she asked, it must've been enough time to then be able to go to the Hogwarts here.

Hamish smiled, pulling Ophelia along with him and walking her slowly through the kitchen and to the living room. "A few years now. We moved not long before starting at HNZ," He told her. "How long have you lived in France?" He asked her, occasionally pointing out something in the house to show to her.

Ophelia nodded, "Was it super different?" she wondered what a far move could be like. She hadn't really moved and still france was different compared to the UK. "I live with my aunt, so it's easy, and it'll only be till I graduate," she replied. "I only moved this year," she added, realising after a second that she hadn't really answered the question. Ophelia glanced about the living room, it was nice, but seemed a little less lived in that the busy kitchen.

Hamish nodded. "It's definitely different than Scotland. But we adapted." He shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. They were bilingual anyway, so at least speaking English helped. "So you only just recently moved to France?" He asked, blinking. "Where did you live before?" He was racking his mind, wondering if he'd seen her around school or if she'd moved from somewhere else.

Ophelia could only imagine the contrast. Perhaps it was easier to adjust when things were very different. Certainly it seemed that Hamish was a little unfazed by the change. But it was good. "Yeah recently," she agreed, "I lived in London, went to school at Hogwarts in Scotland," she said. She had enjoyed her time there but she felt it was right to finish her education elsewhere. Give her the opportunity to see and interact somewhere new. "My parents run a tea shop close to the leaky cauldron in London,"

Hamish nodded slowly. "That sounds pretty nice," He offered, giving her a shy smile. "Are you going to work at the tea shop after graduation?" He asked her. "I'm not sure, but my brother and I will probably go into sports and culinary, respectively," He told her, running a hand through his hair. "We'll probably see where he goes for his sports and I'll follow and find a Culinary school there, get a flat or something. Maybe separate rooms," He decided in that moment, realizing as he said it that he wouldn't want to go back to sharing a room with Seamus after graduation.

Ophelia gave a little shrug, "probably for a little while, to make some money before the next thing," she hadn't really thought about what she could do after school. She enjoyed school, enjoyed the different aspects of learning but hadn't settled into a subject she wanted. "I've been offered a few modelling jobs, and I know a quidditch scout has some interest in me. But I don't know what I want really," But she listened as Hamish talked about himself and what he might do. She thought it was sweet that he wanted to follow his brother wherever he went. "You're really close with your twin," she commented lightly. "But it's sweet that you already know what you want, and good that you're willing to be flexible on where,"

With the house tour finished, Hamish sat down on the couch in the living room, trying to draw her down to sit with him. "That makes sense," He agreed easily. "Those both sound like good careers," He offered her with a shy smile. He nodded as she commented on his relationship with Seamus. "Well growing up we had to rely on each other. I don't think that's something you just grow out of." He mused, running a hand through his hair. "I know we'll live separate lives, but I want to stay close to him if I can. Cooking is a really versatile thing, you can use it no matter where you go. I don't mind following him and his career if it means we can stay together."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back