Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 17" Swishy Rosewood Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
[Continued from here]
Cassander quietly scoffed into his drink when the girl claimed she couldn't fit a book under her skirt. How simply the mind worked when it wasn't born into magic. But he kept his thoughts to himself as he finished up his drink. Just as he wondered if she was here with someone, she brought up the possibility of him having a date to this place. He smirked slightly but shook his head, and placed his cup down on the table as well, taking his time with his reply. "Nope," he said simply, with a shrug. "I don't suppose you're here with someone?" he asked with high interest. It'd be slightly embarrassing if this first year had a date and he didn't.

Kira was surprised when Cassander said he didn't have a date. She was sure he would've had a girlfriend, but then again, from what she could tell he did tend to be a bit prissy sometimes. He probably had higher standards, ones she was almost certain she fell short of. Still, he was here talking to her. For now.

"Nope," She replied cheerily. "I haven't met anyone else that's really interesting yet," She kept her comment a bit vague on purpose, enjoying the little smirk he got when she complimented him. She wondered if he ever really smiled, and if she would ever be able to make him do so. She doubted it, but it also seemed like a fun challenge. She wanted to ask the boy to dance, but she felt a bit shy doing so. He looked much nicer than she did. She tucked her chocolate hair behind her ear nervously and waited for him to respond.

[So sorry for the delay! :hug: ]
Cass chortled when Kira said she hadn't met anyone interesting yet to consider as a date to the dance. "I'm not surprised," he replied truthfully, and then added, "considering your probably spend most of your days in places like the library," just to lighten his comment. "That is, until you met me!" he said overly cheerful with a cheeky grin, smug and playful. It was ironic considering he'd met her at the library too. In a good mood, and somewhat bored, the Slytherin turned to the girl and said, "So would you care to dance?" holding his hand out for her to take, not expecting her to take no.

Kira couldn't help but laugh. "You're right. Too bad my books don't talk back, huh?" She smiled as Cassander joked. He was good company when he wanted to be.

He surprised her then by offering to dance. She smiled shyly and took the hand he had offered. "Of course. You're probably a better dancer than I am, though," she teased playfully, a light blush coloring her cheeks.

Cassander shook his head and chuckled at her joke, thinking again of the types of things he'd been exposed to around magic his entire life. "Then you haven't found the right ones, what do you think they keep in the Restricted section after all," he said with an eyebrow raise as he led her over onto the dance floor, shrugging off her comment. The music was not quite a slow song but not a fast paced song either so he placed his hands around her gingerly and swayed as he asked, "So how's your first year at Hogwarts going?"

Kira followed Cassander out onto the dance floor, blushing a bit as he turned and put his hands on her. She put hers on his shoulders and swayed along with him. Being so close to a boy made her a bit shy. She forgot he commented on the restricted section and nearly missed his question about her first year at the school.

She had to blink a couple times to process her question. "Huh? Oh, um, it's been good," she managed, focusing her eyes on his chest. Her cheeks burned. "I've, ah, really learned a lot."

She kicked herself mentally for sounding so ridiculous. "So, um, what do you do at school? You're so much better at all this than I am, I can't imagine you need to study like I do." She smiled up at him.

Cassander saw the affect he seemed to have on the girl while they danced as she nearly missed the question and smirked to himself. When he'd first met her he wanted to get under her skin and now he might have found the perfect way. Her comment about learning a lot this year really bothered him, but it took everything in him to remain calm and refrain from voicing his opinion out loud. She was learning the magic of the wizarding world that she didn't deserve to know and her kind could expose them if she was careless enough around muggles. Cassander was glad for the subject to change back to him and he was able to focus on answering the question instead. He laughed at her remark but shook his head slightly. "I don't need to study and I do okay," he said with a smug shrug. He didn't need half the classes he took so he only cared to pass them enough to get him to the next year, and when he hit third year is when he felt it mattered. "It's dumb how they make first and second years take all the classes when we don't even need them, but thankfully next year I get to pick which classes I want to take, so I'm only picking the ones that are valuable," he said, still swaying with her to the music. "I suppose when you're a third year you'll try to take them all though?" he guessed with a small chuckle, thinking she'd be the type of Ravenclaw to want to know everything there is about all the subjects, especially since she was a mudblood.

Kira had to concentrate a little to hear what Cassander was saying. She even managed a small giggle at his joke. "Oh, I don't know," she teased breathlessly, "I might not take Muggle Studies." She was going to say something else, but looking up at Cassander to speak reminded her how close he was. She stuttered a little and turned to look away, fast enough that she caused herself to stumble a little.

She froze and looked up at Cassander from under thick lashes with wide blue eyes. "Sorry," she apologized bashfully. "I'm not really a good dancer..." She straightened, her face burning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back