Flying on the Lake (PM to join)

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Brian's bare foot skimmed gently across the surface of the lake's cool water. Winter was finally and completely over as the summer's heat seemed to be closing in however today was one of those days that the whether seemed hot but with a gentle and cool wind making everything feel great. Brian had intended to practice a bit of flying at the pitch but instead decided to fly a bit around the lake. Taking off his shoes and leaving them aroun the edge with his jacket Brian floated in the air slowly wearing a light blue T-shirt and some shorts, it was definately unusual for him to wear shorts much less fly around the lake but it seemed right on a day like this.

Brian had been working on his plan to get back a Estrella and knew when would be the perfect time to strike. If he did it too soon then she would probably figure out it was him and so Brian would sit on his cache of vengence untill June and when she least suspected it BAM! Drage would get her Bed to lie in! Brian was angry at her for the trick she played but more angry that she didn't feel bad about it! So Brian would ensure that at the last feast of the year she would regret ever messing with him or anyone else at the school and know that just because he was a third year and she was a sixth year didn't mean Brian couldn't hold his own.

Andromeda had her 'Falcon' swung over her shoulder as she walked down to the quidditch pitch. The team were going to spend the weekend practising but she wanted to get some extra in just incase. Heavens knew if she were to try out for beater then she would need to beef up a bit, as it was she was all skin and bone. The fact that she could probably physically beat up most boys around the school meant nothing to her of course, she just felt she didn't look the role of beater somehow. As she turned she saw the strangest sight she had ever seen. Brian in a pair of shorts gliding about the lake on his broom.

She licked her finger and held it up, it wasn't that hot for goodness sake. She herself had on a pair of old jeans torn at the knees and strategically torn and worn on the rear right cheek, her t-shirt was simply a Gryffindor one that seemed to have shrunk in the last wash. That or she had grown for it now seemed to be clinging to her when before it was quite loose. The fact that Andy was also beginning to grow some curves went unnoticed by her, so used to her boyish frame that she had always found perfect for quidditch and flying. She straddled her broom and decided that she would join him.

Only yesterday morning she had told Zuka in Brightstone about Brian thinking he loved her, Zuka's reaction hadn't been what Andy expected and she now felt as if it were almost her duty to get them together. If it was what Brian wanted, Andy could simply not refuse him much of anything. As she skimmed over the lake, she looked down at her reflection trailing a finger across its shimmering surface, sending ripples out across the expanse of silver.
"Ahoy there matey. What's with the short shorts then?" she laughed pulling her broom up as she drew nearer to him.
'Crikey did he have to look good in those too' she had been resigning herself to giving him up, had even attempted to flirt with a complete stranger to get Brian out of her head and now... he did something completely out of character like wear a pair of shorts. Her pulse was racing enough without him adding to it.

Brian looked over at her and before he could correct himself fell off his broom and into the lake. Luckily for him his broom had lowered and he was quickly able to grab hold of it. Brian pulled himself back onto his broomstick and began flying towards her soaking wet by the cold water. Brian shook himself off as he made his way over towards Andromeda "we can't wear jeans everyday can we?" Brian asked as he looked down at his shorts, they weren't that short... as the reached his knees.. "and the're not that short..." Brian said a bit heated since he didn't like wearing shorts normally and epecillay didn't like being caught off guard. Brian pulled out his wand and pointed it at the water.

A bit of the water squirted towards Andromeda "now where even" Brian said with a smile as he looked towards the pitch. Perhaps he should go practice but it would probably be a bad idea to fly now that he was all wet. Brian hopped off his broomstick and let his feet soak in the water as he sat down at the edge of the lake "so what's been going on with you?" Brian asked inquiring about her attitude at the last Brightstone trip, he had left suddenly in order to prevent any uncomfortable situations from coming up but it hadn't mean he'd forgotten.

Andy laughed when he fell in the water but could seriously have sat on her broom looking at him all wet, all day long if she had to. Catching her wayward thoughts quickly she turned her broom about as Brian clambered on to his broom again and flew to join her. He seemed disgruntled that she had passed a comment on the size of his shorts and splashed her as payback.

Merely shaking the few drops of water off, Andy laughed again.
"that is so not even" rolling her eyes she dared not even get into a water fight with him, it just wouldn't do her any good what so ever. She hovered on her broom as he went to the edge and sat down soaking his feet.

She heard his question right enough but thought about it well before answering, hovering in low slow circles about the lake just yards away from him. She leaned forward lazily trailing her finger once more across the silver surface as she circled.
"Nothings going on really, met some new friends yesterday. Lemina's sister from Hogwarts and some kids hoping to transfer. Trying to get my old job back at Honeydukes and trying out for beater and chaser this weekend" she sat up again and looked out over the lake allowing her broom to hover she slipped off her trainers one by one and tossed them accordingly on to the shore near Brian. Now she could dangle her feet in the lake while floating a safe distance from him.

Brian felt the heat as the sun beamed down on him, it was even more hotter to just stay out when you were still wet with the sun refracting off the water particles all over his skin. wiping the water from his head he looked around and pulled off his shirt, he then moved into the water so that he could cool off a bit more and turned towards Andromeda "you sure that's all?" Brian asked as he ducked under the water a bit more in feeling the coldness in the water wash over him letting him enjoy the summer day a bit more as he reached the surface. "I mean it just seems like you have a more on your mind.." Brian said a bit more knowingly than he normally would've wanted.

Brian liked to think he knew his friends pretty well and while Andromeda, Zazuka and he were the best of freinds Andromeda had often found friends with other people, while Brian normally stuck with a pretty small group. It didn't bother Brian as much since he never thought of himself as an outgoing person but it was still interesting "how's Mike's search for the room going?" Brian asked wondering if Andromeda would like the change in conversation.

Andy turned around again on her broom only to see Brian whip his t-shirt off now, her mouth literally fell open as she looked at him. She had never seen him like this, the heat began to rise in her cheeks and for a split second she was even tempted to howl. Primal urges or not, she would keep them at bay. She could be immune to him if she only let herself. Think of Carlisle she willed herself, the tall French boy of the previous day flitted into her memory and Brians effect on her seemed to dispel. Of course she had not expected Brian to go actually into the water and duck under coming out of it with beads of water glistening over his perfect body.

Andy was undone. No image of any other boy could banish the picture of Brian from her mind now. That and the memory of her kissing him were her complete undoing.
"Oh" she gasped as she toppled unceremoniously from her broom falling with a splash into the water. She stood up grateful that she hadn't been too far out where it was deeper, as it was the water merely came up to her knees. She was sodden now, the already tight t-shirt was clung to her and her hair matted to her face.
"Damn" she swore wishing he would get dressed, it was indecent to parade around like that infront of her. Had he no idea what he did to her on a normal day but to now be half naked infront of her was just too much.

Wading out of the water with her broom in tow, she passed right by him not daring to look. Throwing her broom on the grass she took out her wand and placed that down beside it as she plomped herself down too. Wringing the ends of her jeans out she blew a strand of hair from her face.
"Mike is having no luck with the room" she said in such a matter of fact tone, "and no there is nothing else wrong with me that you putting some clothes on wouldn't fix".

Good grief and everything sacred, she couldn't believe she had actually said it out loud, but she had. Rolling her eyes she threw herself back on the grass and stared up at the sky.
"Why me? why me?" she muttered like a chant.

Brian listened as Andromeda talked trying to ignore the fact that she had fallen from her broomstick despite the fact that Brian did consider it funny. Brian felt a bit warm in the face when Andromeda mentioned something about him putting clothes on and so made his way back to the edge of the lake and put his shirt back on which was a bit dryer. "Excuse me for trying to cool off a bit" Brian said though feeling a bit nervous, it had been the first time he'd ever been shirtless in front of Andromeda, perhaps it hadn't been a good idea to do it after all "any leads on where it might be?" Brian asked trying to get back to the conversation as he sat down ignoring his broomstick as he watched a dot slowly move towards him. Brian realised at once that it was probably Athena wanting some attention.

Andromeda sighed and placed one arm strategically over her eyes. Wasn't it just typical, he got all wet and she could only gawp at him and when she gets all wet, he doesn't bat an eyelid. Her stomach fell rock bottom, she would master this. Day after day since they had met, he had almost gone out of his way to be blatantly obvious that he didn't find her in the least bit attractive. Even now when her body was finally beginning to play catch up and she was blossoming for lack of a better word, other boys were beginning to notice her but Brian remained completely blind.
He obviously only did have eyes for Zuka, she bit her lip as he mentioned something else about the room of requirement. 'who in the world gives a damn' she wanted to shout at him and wondered fleetingly would her room of requirement have a clone of him in it. Pathetic that's what she was, she had met the most wonderful boy yesterday. Different and special and ... he wasn't Brian. So why was she still tormenting herself with him, the all elusive dream.

Andy sat up in one fluid motion and taking a deep breath exhaled before standing up and dusting herself off. The heat of the sun had nearly dried her clothes though they still clung in around her slim body. Kicking her foot under her wand she made it flip up to catch it, she did the same with her broom stick.

Turning then she looked at Brian.
"I don't care about the stupid room Brian. I'm wet and I've got some practise to catch up on, enjoy your swim don't let me stop you" she announced as she turned from the lake in the direction of the quidditch pitch.

Brian looked at her as she began to stalk off again, this time she wouldn't be allowed to just walk away. Brian was tired of having to just play dumb while she get's mad at him for not being what she wanted him to be. It wasn't fair to him or Zazuka that Andromeda seemed to be angry at them simply because Brian didn't gush all over her. The fact was simple, Brian cared about the pair but had to be the way he was last year and the year before in order to survive at this school. Brian was angry as he got up and went after her "I'm wet too" Brian said a bit defensively. "So..." but Brian stopped himself before the words could come out of his mouth. He couldn't say it and he definately wouldn't be allowed to say what was on his mind. He wanted to tell her to just get over it, that neither she nor Zazuka would ever be allowed to be with him and that he suffered just as much as she did... except he was a very good liar.

He had learned how to lie perfectly from his parents whom Brian now suspected lied to him everyday of his life. Brian saw how easy it was to lie, to make believe that everything around him was nothing more than a story that he was telling and as long as he knew what was three pages ahead there was no way they could figure it out. It was simply too easy for him to lie which meant that it probably was just as easy for his parents to lie when they told him that they loved him, Brian was doing the exact thing except the opposite. "Andromeda, why are you acting like this!" was all Brian could actually say which made him feel stupid "why are you treating me like a villain?" Brian said hoping that this might help him.

Andromeda stopped dead in her tracks, hearing the pent up frustration in his voice. She turned around and her heart sunk, this couldn't go on anymore. If she didn't do something now she would regret it always. She had the power to make two of her most favourite people in the world happy and she was letting her own feelings get in the way. Remembering Carlisle she smiled, she could do this. Of course she could.

Taking a step closer to him she shrugged but smiled, holding her broom with both hands she looked directly into his brown eyes.
"Listen to me very carefully please Brian and don't interupt" taking a deep breath she continued, "you asked what I had been doing, well I also met up with Zuka and told her... told her that you cared for her."

She held up her hand before he could interupt her.
"You might have forgotten everything on that roof top but I haven't. You may have been delirious from alihotsy but you still said you cared about Zuka. I kissed you Brian and all you could think about was Zazuka. In all your delirium, in you confusion under its effects you had one obvious clear thought and that was that you thought you loved her. Now I'm alot of things but stupid isn't one of them. She cares about you too and if you are too pigheaded to do anything about it then someone else has to."

She took another deep breath, swinging her broom over her shoulder.
"What's wrong with me Brian? I have two bestfriends who are possibly perfect for one another and they are letting me get in their way of their own happiness. Well I've got news for you both, I am happy. I've never been happier but it's... it's watching and knowing that the two of you are quite willing to sit back and do nothing about how you feel for one another. Hasn't Njords fake death taught you anything? Life is short B... life is there for the taking. I love... I love you both very much, all I want is for you both to be happy. I wish you'd understand that".

Andy twirled her broom until it was under her arm, she couldn't believe she had said all of that. She couldn't believe she had told him and reminded him of the tower but it felt good - if they did get together, it would be strange of course but she would be happy with it and mainly because she knew they'd be happy.

Brian stood awestruck unable to say anything yet as she spoke Brian felt a more than a bit angry that Andromeda had told Zazuka that he cared for her. "I don't care for Zazuka that way" Brian said defiantly "you two are my bestfriends and that's it!" Brian said sternly angry that Andromeda would tell Zazuka which would now make everything much more complicated. "Why would you tell her such a thing!" Brian said angry as he turned away from her. He was frustrated and angry Brian turned towards her "didn't Njords fake death teach you not to tell lies!" Brian said angrilly "I don't have feelings for her! whatever happened on the Tower was nothing but the effects of the Alihotsy and and you kissed me?" Brian said knowing that his lie was getting even the best of him. She had made it more than clear now that he could say anything to her since she had screwed up big time.

"I can't believe you!" Brian said darkly "next time you think of telling someone about the feelings I 'might' have about them, Don't" Brian said as he grabbed his broomstick and began walking towards the Castle. Andromeda had messed up big time and now she had to learn that it wasn't right to go talking about things she didn't understand especially since it put their entire friendship in jepordy. Brian didn't know what he would say to Zazuka but hoped she didn't end up like Andromeda over all this or worse if she hated him now since she was dating Andrew. Everything had just gone from complicated to even worse and it was Andromeda's fault this time. Brian wanted to make everything better and all she seemed to be doing lately is making things worse.

Andromeda stood there perplexed - the boy was a complete numb nut especially for a Ravenclaw.
"Oh shut up Brian" she bellowed at him, he got more ridiculous by the hour, "It's not a lie. How someone feels about another person is never a lie. Yes we're you're bestfriends but that shouldn't make a difference to how you feel."

She watched as he began to walk away completely ticked off with her but what was new there, Brian was always angry with her. Always roaring at her about something, always arguing with her about something but he never did with his precious Zuka and now he was denying he had any feelings at all for the girl. Boys were totally stupid, well except for one.

Andy ran after him and stood now infront of him.
"Sure I kissed you so what, you didn't enjoy it, you didn't care about me one way or the other. But you did about Zuka and you can huff and puff all you want about lies and alihotsy and blah blah blah but the truth is you do care."
She looked him squarely now.
"It's not a bad thing you know - she's not mad at you, jeez the girl thought we'd be perfect for one another. Well that's never going to happen ..." Andy took a deep breath, she had resigned herself to this and now that she had Carlisle in her life she really didn't feel as if her not being with Brian was the end of the world.
"...but you and her could" her voice was not raised, she kept herself as calm as she possibly could.
"I didn't mean to interfere really I didn't but I just care about you two so much and wanted you both to be happy. Is that so wrong?"

Brian turns towards her, knowing that he forgot his shoes back at the shore "your right!" Brian said angrilly "I don't care for you or Zazuka in that way and I never will" Brian said "and you trying to force those stupid feelings down my throat is just sad and pathetic" Brian said "honestly, go get yourself a boyfriend and quit acting like a sad and pathetic love struck cat!" Brian said as he stormed off and away angry that she tried to tell him who he should be with, he didn't care anymore what the vision he had was. He would do everything in his power to make sure it didn't come true. Brian was sick and tired of it controlling his life and it seemed even worse than being like his grandfather.

Andy listened and shook her head, the reason she was so calm and not letting him get to her as he always did was because she did have someone. The perfect someone and because she was so happy, she simply wanted others to be that way.
He began to walk away again and she smiled, she couldn't help it.
"I have someone Brian. I am happy. Can't you see that? I met the most amazing boy and I... he... he gets me. He understands me, he knows my worst secret and didn't judge me. I'm sorry I hurt your ego and your pride but spouting nasty things back at me isn't going to hurt my feelings anymore. Once upon a time a single word from you could have cut me in two Brian, not any more. So say what you want to me... call me whatever names make you happiest. The fact is I am happy, someone cares about me for a change and it feels absolutely wonderful" she smiled, no she beamed. Resembling the innocent girl he had once seen so many years ago on the train before life had messed her up, she was happy.

"Walk away Brian, you're getting better and better at doing that but you can't walk away forever."

Brian stopped and looked up towards the castle, Andromeda was ridiculus. She talked about him behind her back then got mad because he didn't feel the same way she felt. What was worse is while she was getting all angry at him and Zazuka all the time she was snogging some guy and telling him something that Brian had always thought was sacred... If Andromeda was telling someone she had just met that she was a werewolf and telling Zazuka that Brian had feelings for her what else was she spouting. Brian felt angry at Andromeda for more than just the obvious reasons, she was such a.... well Brian couldn't say the word that came to his mind except how could he ever think that the pair of them would ever get together, how could he ever even want such a thing. Brian decided that the future had to be destroyed and he knew how to do it.

Brian turned around and looked at Andromeda coldly, a few old feelings that Brian had felt up on the Tower seemed to bubble a bit however they only made his anger stronger. She had betrayed him in the worse way. "I'm glad you found someone that could love a Werewolf, I know I never could" Brian said coldly as he began walking away "Maybe we should just tell everyone you seem to be good at spouting things lately!" Brian yelled out as he grabbed his broomstick and took off into the sky "face it Andromeda, I was wrong. We could never be friends forever!" Brian said coldly as he flew towards the school. Brian had to destroy the future that he had seen and killing his and Andromeda's friendship was the only known way. They would stop being friends and Brian would do nothing to repair it nor would he let her.

Andromeda froze as if he had taken a gun and shot her down with the only thing that could kill the werewolf in her. Their friendship had never meant anything to him. He could never love a werewolf... so even when he had told her he thought of her as a sister, he had lied then too. She didn't think it was possible for Brian to hurt her again, didn't she have Carlisle now? But he did, every time she felt some bit of happiness, Brian managed to cut her down, torment her, manipulate the moment so that she felt like crap. So that she thought every bad situation they had found themselves in was her fault.

She watched him storm off and let him, tired of how he abused their friendship, tired of how she always got the wrong end of the deal. Andromeda sighed and shook her head sadly.
"Oh, Brian" she whispered, the boy would be denial for the rest of his life. Andromeda was more and more convinced he should have been a hot headed Gryffindor instead of a logical rational Ravenclaw.

Why did he have a way of taking every precious moment and turn it sour? It was Brian who had the problem not her. Andromeda was tired of taking his crap, for that's exactly what it was. Did she care that he didnt love her or ever could...perhaps but she would get over it, she'd been pretty much doing that since she got here. No, she had someone who made her feel good about herself, made her feel special. Andromeda looked towards the castle, she wasn't going to let him make her feel ashamed of being loved. Of having someone at last who saw past the sordid infection and saw her. Brian could go rot in hell for all she cared now... she was fed up of being his scapegoat, his punching bag. Swinging her broom around she turned back in the direction of the quidditch pitch, at least some practise would get rid of some of the pent up fury that was now circulating within her. Brian Getathorn could stay out of her damned way from now on and if he ever tried to tell anyone about her, she'd show him just how scary she could be! She'd show him that it didn't pay to have a werewolf as an enemy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back