Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Ten inch sturdy Cypress wood with Thestral hair core
James could not believe it! He'd gotten the promotion! He had never thought when he'd taken the job with the magazine all those years ago that he would ever be here. Feeling absolutely ecstatic, James had finally gone and done it. He'd bought Colin a ring. Coming home early, he spent several hours putting together a nice dinner. Candles were lit everywhere for ambience, romantic music playing softly in the background, a path of rose petals leading to and scattered over the kitchen table. He was dressed in his nicest suit, wanting to impress his boyfriend. With any luck, he wouldn't be calling Colin that much longer. He had just set dinner on the table when he heard the front door open. Smiling warmly, James took a step back, standing next to the table and folding his hands in front of him and waiting eagerly for Colin to approach him.

That day at the library was an anomaly. The job that usually allowed Colin to move at his own place took an entirely unexpected turn when an old shelf collapsed into itself, jolting Colin from his tasks when he heard a loud crash. He spent the remainder of his day after that running around and caught on his feet to put the pieces back together and return the books to their places. Colin had assumed the shelves and their sturdiness would be impervious to breaking so suddenly but he realised he had assumed wrong, and after discussing purchasing a new bookshelf with the head librarian and traveling home for the day, Colin was exhausted. He opened the door to his and James' home wanting nothing more than a quiet evening and to melt into the sofa with a glass of wine, soon finding himself frozen when he stepped inside to notice rose petals on the floor.

It was another unexpected twist in his day, however unlike a bookshelf caving in, the twist of dim candlelight and romantic music to set the ambiance for a romantic dinner was instead entirely welcomed. Colin couldn't help the smile that crept onto his face as he closed the door behind himself, moving to place his satchel on the floor before approaching James and kissing him softly on the cheek. "Good evening, love." Colin murmured, smiling as he glanced to the food on the table. He couldn't help but feel a bit giddy, wondering if the surprise was for a special reason, or if James simply wanted to spend a romantic evening with him. "What's the occasion?" He asked gently as he looked back to James, knowing that whatever the reason might be, he was thankful for it.​

James hummed happily, leaning into Colin's touch. "Evening, sailor," He returned, moving to the table to pull out Colin's chair for him. He chuckled at the mans question, shaking his head. "Do I need one?" He teased lightly before moving to sit in his own chair, picking up his wine. He held it in one hand, smiling coyly at the handsome man across from him. "I do have one, though," He chuckled.

James sipped his wine before setting it down again, folding a leg over his knee. He couldn't help the sparkle in his eye. "We're celebrating, actually. I got the promotion. You are looking at the new- er-" James blinked, hesitating a moment before laughing. "I've honestly forgotten whatever the official title of it was. But I'm not a travelling photographer anymore. It's now my job to coordinate the others, assign shoots, approve their work before its sent to the editors." James offered out his hand.

"This promotion means I can have an office here at home. No more long trips away, or at least, none without some rather handsome accompaniment," James teased Colin with a playful wink. Working from home meant that he would have more time with the man, dinners together every night. And if tonight went well, some plans to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back