OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Larch Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Returning to the castle for a new year was easy for Desislav. He rather liked Gryffindor and classes had been interesting last year. Luckily, his parents hadn't hassled him too much about his grades. Both of them had made careers in areas where grades didn't really matter.

Wandering around outside, Desi was looking for something to do. Being inside was boring! He wished he knew where his siblings were, but it was ok that he didn't. It was time for Desi to start finding his own friends. As he continued to walk, the Gryffindor let out a loud sneeze and then another. What was happening to him?

Kayleigh was loving her new freedom that the school offered. Classes hadn't started yet, but the blonde was eager to get going. Kayleigh was happy with the house she was sorted into. It was what she had expected, though that Hat was a bit uncertain to begin with.
The young Slytherin felt it was too nice of a day to be inside. Kayleigh knew exactly what New Zealand weather was like, and she was going to take advantage of a sunny day, or morning even, as the rain would probably come in the afternoon. It would have been nicer to do this with some company, but Kayleigh made herself content in knowing that she at least didn't have someone looking over her shoulder for everything she did. Kayleigh was startled out of her thoughts by a series of sneezes. Glancing towards the sound, she smirked at the familiar face. Kayleigh turned to face him, her hands on her hips. "Merlin Des, you want to blow the whole castle away?"

Turning around at the familiar voice, Desislav slowly wiped at his nose with the back of his hand before wiping his hand on his shirt. "Nooooo" he replied before sticking his tongue out at the girl and then grinning. He'd known Kayleigh since they were kids. Well, smaller than they were now anyway. Des paused as he was right about to speak again, a sneeze threatening to shake him if not the whole castle. Finally, the feeling subsided. "I must be allergic to you" he explained as he backed away from her slowly, a horrified expression crossing his face. Desi was always the jokester.

Keeping her hands on her hips, Kayleigh cocked her eyebrow when Desislav said he was allergic to her. He had just sneezed again and Kayleigh shook her head. "Disgusting." She smiled. "I highly doubt that anyone could be allergic to me." She stated, before running towards Desislav before jumping on him, tackling him into a hug. Kayleigh was hardly this friendly to anyone, but Des was someone she considered herself close to. "I think that maybe you are allergic to not having me around, so we better make up for it!" Kayleigh laughed, squeezing the boy. Releasing the boy, Kayleigh noticed he had grown some since she last saw him. This would not do. Kayleigh wasn't happy with the obvious gap in their age now that they were in different years, different classes. Wanting to let him know she still thought she was boss, Kayleigh pinched his cheeks. "Aren't you just the cutest wee thing!" She exclaimed, pinching extra hard just for her pleasure.
OOCOut of Character:
Pardon the GM. Let me know if I must change it :)

OOCOut of Character:
How dare you GM me?! Unacceptable Donna! :p

Desislav should have been prepared for what Kayleigh was going to do, but it had been a while since they had last seen each other. As she tackled him, Desi did his best to stand firmly in his spot. But, the element of surprise was definitely in Kayleigh’s favor. He stumbled back, first one step and then another, gaining his footing right before he would have fallen to the ground.

As he felt his cheeks being pinched between her fingers, Desi let out a strangled yell. “Aaaaagh” he said, slapped at her hands. “Help!” He knew that his cheeks were red, both from being pinched so hard and from the embarrassment at being called ‘wee’ and ‘cute.’ Cute was for puppies! Holding a hand to his head, he extended it so that it went right over the girl’s blonde hair to show her that she was the wee one. “Yooooour’e the wee one, Kayleigh” he stated, giving her a pat on the top of her head before he ran to put some distance between them. Kayleigh was dangerous. Turning around, Desi stuck his tongue out and then got ready to run again.

Kayleigh grinned as Des struggled and yelled for help. It was like sweet sweet music to her ears. And as if that weren't enough, his beautiful cheeks were red. No wonder they were friends, he was so easy to muck around with, and Kayleigh always had fun with him. He was definitely the better...quad. Kayleigh found boys a lot easier to get along with, they didn't mind if there was no talking, there was hardly any drama, and they could take Kayleigh's honesty. Girls weren't too bad, but if they couldn't keep up with this Slytherin, then she had no time for them.
The blonde's mouth dropped when Des patted her on the head. Oh hell no Kayleigh thought as the little twerp ran away. Kayleigh was frustrated that she didn't know any spells to trip him up, so she took off after her friend. His pause to turn around and pull his tongue out was just what she needed to catch up. Kayleigh was pushing herself, her breath catching in her throat. She dove and managed to grab his ankle which she clung onto for dear life. "I am not wee!" She shouted, laughing as he managed to topple down. Kayleigh grabbed onto his other ankle, just for extra measure, as the small boy was tricky and fast, and the young girl didn't want him to get away again. "Take it back!" Kayleigh yelled, though a smile still on her face.

Desislav should have known better than to turn around. It cost him his advantage. The boy tumbled to the ground,his ankle in the grip of Kayleigh's deathlock. The young Gryffindor tried to inch himself forward and away from her on his elbows, but it was to no avail. By that point, she had him by both ankles and Desi knew that he was at Kayleigh's mercy. Not wanting to eat a mouthful of grass, Desi cried out. "Alright. Alright. Alright!" He rolled over so that he could see her grinning face. Through narrowed eyes, the boy tried to keep an angry face. It was impossible though. "I take it back" he said, the begrudging tone apparent in his voice, though also apparently fake. Anyone looking at the pair of them would know they were kidding around. They both wore huge smiles on their faces.
"When did you get so fast?" he grumbled as he lifted himself onto his elbows.

Kayleigh was satisfied that Desi took it back. She knew he didn't mean it, but he also didn't really mean anything maliciously. He didn't seem like the type of person that could be mean. The blonde quite liked that about him, and wondered what he thought about her, as she knew she could be blunt most of the time. The blonde let go of the boy's ankles, but stayed lying on her stomach. She rested her chin on the palms of her hands and kicked her feet up in the air. Kayleigh laughed when he asked when she got so fast. "Maybe, you just got really slow." She teased. "Hogwarts is fattening you up!" Kayleigh joked, sticking her tongue out at the boy. Though Kayleigh was usually known for her honesty, she was definitely just mucking around. The boy was in no way out of shape, but running was one of Kayleigh's favourite things to do. Upon her comment, Kayleigh quickly put her hands on the ground, ready to push herself up and run if Des decided to retaliate. She wasn't entirely sure what his response would be, but she wanted to be ready.

Desi's jaw dropped at the idea that he was slow. "Lies!" He was faster than all of his siblings. At least he had been for the longest time. There was no way she could be right. Desi pushed himself off the ground and moved towards something he'd seen earlier. Reading silently, Desislav turned around to Kayleigh. "Kayleigh? Kayleigh? Guess what, Kayleigh? Someone died right where you're laying down. Right in that spot" he uttered, hoping to see her pop up and fall over. This Rose Landers was only a first year like Kayleigh. That was pretty sad. Desi had certainly never seen anyone as young as himself die. How could something like that have happened? "Do you think she really died right here?" he asked the blonde girl. He wouldn't admit it to her, but she was pretty smart. Smarter than him, for sure. She could never know that he thought that though. Never.

Lucky she had prepped herself for jumping up, Kayleigh thought, as Desislav mentioned something horrific. Kayleigh could not believe that she was lying on the spot someone died on! A small shriek emitted from her mouth as she pushed herself up from the ground and raced away from the spot, catching her balance as she stood up properly. Kayleigh looked at the spot, thinking a ghost or something horrible might pop up and curse her for being there. However, nothing but Desi's voice spoke, asking if she really died. Kayleigh walked over to the sign Desislav was reading, and read it too. She didn't know what one of the words meant, but a feeling of relief came over her. "No Des, I think that maybe they made this place for her." Kayleigh said. "That's why it's called a rosebush.[/i]" She thought out loud. Kayleigh didn't feel like it was a time to get pretend cross at Des for freaking her out, so she continued to talk. "I don't know how it happened but she was a first year just like me." Kayleigh stated, matter-of-factly, as if Desislav didn't know. If she found out what had happened, she probably wouldn't tell him anyway. Kayleigh felt protective over him, though she didn't know that that was what she was feeling. "I wonder what it's like to die. I wonder if she's a ghost! Maybe she can tell us." The blonde wondered aloud.

All of this talk about death and ghosts was a bit uncomfortable for Desi. His family had known Kayleigh's family for a while now, but there was one thing he was almost certain she didn't know about the quads. Their dad was dead...and a ghost. For Desi, it had become a normal thing for the man to turn up while he was at home or when he visited the manor. He'd never shared this with Kayleigh though and didn't think any of his siblings had. It was a pretty private thing. "Some people don't become ghosts" Desi mumbled, uncharacteristically serious. He shook himself out of it quickly enough and tugged on her arm. "But c'mon! Let's find one of the school ghosts and see what they'll tell us" he stated in a overenthusiastic voice. "Maybe Lady Helena will talk to us!" he added, ready to jog back to the castle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back