OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Sturdy Vine Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Poppy breezed into the student lounge and smiled when she found exactly who she was looking for. It was nice to deliver roses to friends, partially because it was always nice to give a gift to your friend but also because you were more likely to know where to find them. "Hey Nicole." Poppy greeted. "You will never guess what I have for you." she said in a sing song voice as she held the yellow rose behind her back.

Valentine's and roses was always an exciting yet harrowing day. Nicole had tried to set herself up somewhere nice and visible in case anyone had roses for her, and quietly tried not to dread the idea that she wasn't going to get any. It was bad enough that she probably didn't have a date to the dance again, but not getting at least a few roses would be mortifying. She was getting a little tired of smiling hopefully every time someone with roses walked past, but it finally paid off when she saw Poppy pop in, grinning as she spoke to her. "Oh yay, Poppy thank youuu!" She enthused, trying her best not to make grabby hands at her.

Poppy laughed at her friends excitement and pulled out the yellow rose she had been holding behind her. "For you!" she announced and handed it over. "Are you delivering roses this year?" She asked curiously as she started to search for the note. "Ah ha, this is for you too!" she said and handed the piece of paper over. Poppy watched curiously as Nicole read the note to see if she would tell her who it was from.

Nicole!
Thanks for helping learn how to study, and for always being a good friend. Thanks for just being you! I can’t wait to take you to Paris one of these days.
Ajax

Nicole made a happy noise as Poppy handed over the yellow rose, making a show of smelling it while she looked for the note. "Oh no, I couldn't do it again. I just feel so awkward trying to find people I don't know. It's embarrassing," She admitted. "I mostly did it last year to encourage Ryan, but I think he had more fun than I did," She admitted with a laugh, gratefully taking the note as well before reading it. "That's so sweet, thank you," Nicole said brightly to Poppy, folding the note back and tucking it in her bag. Ajax had sent her a yellow rose, but it was hard not to want to blush at the mention of taking her to Paris. A pretty romantic gesture, though obviously he meant it as friends. Obviously.

Poppy sat down at the table across from Nicole. She figured she deserved a small break since she was nearly done with her deliveries by now. "Oh well you get used to that." she said. "It can be a bit tricky but I think it's loads of fun to brighten peoples day." Poppy added and made a show of her cheerful smile. "So who is it from?" she asked noticing how Nicole was a little pink and had quickly tucked the note away. "Sorry if that's nosy. I just get so curious." she apologized quickly with a little laugh. Hopefully with a yellow rose it couldn't be too personal and they were friends after all.

Nicole gave Poppy a fond look, envious of her sweet disposition and lack of self-consciousness. "I wish I could be as nice as you," She said remorsefully. "I'm just too shy, it's the worse," She groused, moving on when Poppy asked about the note. "Oh it's from Ajax, actually. Just a little inside joke about going to Paris together one day," She said, showing it to Poppy. "He's in your house, right, he's never like.. Talked about dating anyone has he?" Nicole asked, toying with the rose in her hand to try and come off nonchalant.

Poppy laughed off Nicole's compliment shrugged. She wasn't really used to be complimented on her social skills. She felt lucky she had found the handful of friends she did have. "Really?" she asked curiously. "I always think you seem nice." she said with a warm smile. Poppy thought the note sounded sweet but she couldn't help but giggle nervously when Nicole asked about Ajax and dating. "Yeah he's in my house, but we don't talk much outside of class or anything. I don't think so?" she answered a little awkwardly. "I haven't seen him talk to anyone or heard anything if that helps." she added quickly. It felt weird to talk about dating, it wasn't like they were too young for it but it still felt like something very far away to her.

Nicole waved her hand when Poppy said she was nice, though she was definitely pleased with the assessment. "Oh, oh okay. It's not like it's important or anything I was just curious," She said lightly, unsure if it was good or not Poppy hadn't heard anything. It didn't sound like she was particularly involved in gossip, honestly. "You won't tell him I asked or anything, right? Again, it's not important."

Poppy was a little confused when Nicole acted disinterested in her answer. She chewed on her bottom lip, wondering if Nicole was trying to hide a crush on Ajax. Poppy had hoped they were good enough friends that she wouldn't want to keep it a secret if she did. But she shook her head. "Of course not. I won't mention it at all." she said seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back