First Years, Lesson Four

Noel was already standing up as the first year students came in. He greeted them with an friendly smile and closed the door behind as he walked over to it. He liked stretching his legs and not sitting down all lesson. Today it was an important but also heavy subject he needed to be talking about. One which recently came very close to himself, since in his family there had been some incidents with it. He than walked back to his desk and leaned towards it as he asked for attention of the first years.

With an more serious face than usual he started. ''What are the consequences of using Dark Magic?'' He than put down. Not directly as an question an student needed to answer. '' That's an complex question since not all dark practices are truly evil or even criminal. You've seen what meddling with the Dark Arts can do when I showed you an image of Lord Voldemort. Once a normal human like you and me, his physical appearance changed gradually as he became more involved with the Dark Arts. But as I said, that doesn't mean that every curse or jinx has the same effect on people,'' Noel spoke looking around the classroom, some were taking notes, some weren't. '' The Unforgivable Curses are a different matter.'' He than made text appear on the blackboard behind him with a flick of his wand.

Unforgivable Curses

• The Killing Curse: Causes instant and painless death
  • The Cruciatus Curse: Inflicts excruciating pain on the victim of the curse
  • The Imperius Curse: Causes the victim to become unquestioningly obedient to the caster

He than looked back at the class to see if they all paid attention, and how the reactions were. '' The Killing Curse, the Cruciatus Curse and the Imperius Curse are particularly vile and quite illegal curses. The punishments for using any of these three curses on another person are severe. If you are caught you'll likely be spending the rest of your life in the wizarding prison Azkaban.'' He than spoke. Knowing well enough that his uncle was leading this exact fate. But he had never been close with him. '' Whilst incarcerated, your wand will be taken from you and destroyed, and your name will be forever tarnished. '' Noel looked around giving the students enough time to write it all down before continuing. Letting that sink in. And walked through the classroom. '' For the rest of the lesson, I would like for you to partner up again and practice the Shield Charm and the Stunning Spell. Try to use a different partner than last week, please.'' Noel walked around the classroom, to help out in case it was needed. And to observe the students an bit.

Roleplay the lesson. Feel free to tag @Professor Noel Waldgrave if you want me to interact with your character!

Ambrose could hardly believe how quickly time was passing by. Exams were only a little while away and before he knew it he was sure the year would be over and done with. And he'd be a second year. He could only imagine the things they would be learning next year. He focussed his attention on professor Waldgrave when the man started his lesson and took some notes on what was being said, making sure to write down the three curses that were discussed and what they entailed. All three of them sounded horrifying. When they were told to partner up again Ambrose made sure to pick someone he liked to do so with and started practicing the spells they had learned about last lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back