First Secret Reading Trip

Sasha Hayden

Sasha had been able to sneak in to the library without any of the popular people seeing her. She hid in a corner that nobody would ever think to look in. She hoped that nobody would notice that she was there. She took out her book and started to read like crazy. It was such a good story! Adventure and bravery and even mixed in to that there was humor. She read as much as she could, she couldn't sneak in to the library too much. She didn't want to be teased for loving to read. As she read about a part that was really funny, she laughed. A laugh. One of her first laughs. She smiled. It was hard to go through everything she had been through and be able to laugh. She heard some footsteps near her. Oh no, she thought. Oh, please no. No, this isn't happening. I'm imagining it. No I'm not. Please tell me this is not happening! Sasha winced as she noticed a girl her own age walking towards her. It couldn't be happening. Not again. That day was not going to repeat itself. She had to think of something fast. The girl was quickly approaching.

"Hello there," she said to the girl as she put the book down and standing up. "I'm Sasha Hayden and... I was just leaving... doing some research on something for homework. I... don't think it's interesting at all. I'm almost falling..um.. asleep."

She hoped that the girl hadn't noticed that she sounded unsure. She couldn't let it happen again. No, some people besides some people in her family had to like her. She hoped that the girl wasn't going to go and tell everyone that she loved to be in the library. Then she would be teased again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back