First Practise of the Band

Siddalee Simon

OOC First Name
Hannah Banana
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Sidda was never early. She'd never been early in her life.

Except for today. She was early for the band's first practise. This was also going to be a kind of audition, so that Ella could make sure that they didn't sound horrible. Sidda sure hoped that they didn't, although the fact that she was early was kinda creeping her out. It was so unlike her.

Sidda dropped her bag on the floor and sat in an armchair, waiting for the others to show up. As she waited for the others to arrive, she did some scales to warm up her voice, then got out her sheet music and went over the song she was going to sing for the audition a couple of times. She hoped that the others liked her singing, but Sidda's worries got lost as she started singing the song. As usual, Sidda got lost in the music, and became utterly oblivious to her surroundings.

Ella was grinning from ear to ear. She was supposed to be early to set everything up and stuff. She noticed Sidda sitting in the armchair. "Hey," she said. "I've worked on my singing, and I think I've improved. So now I can sing better and still play electric guitar."

((Sorry for lameness and delay I've been paying more attention to other accounts and it's late))

Ella must have come in when Sidda was singing. She didn't notice, then got the fright of her life when she finished singing and saw Ella standing there. She was so surprised that she fell off the armchair she was curled up in.
"Oh! I didn't see you there! Sorry. Was that your toe? Sorry. Hi," she said in a rush, flustered about not seeing Ella before. She stood up and sat back down on her chair, gesturing for Ella to sit down next to Sidda.

(Sorry, mine's kinda lame too. Yours is good for it being late, though. If I RP late it generally ends up not making sense!)

((I've noticed that some members of the band haven't been on in a while, they're probably doing stuff in real life. We could be by ourselves for a while.))

Ella continued to smile and sat down next to Sidda. "So, I heard you singing there, Sid," she said. "I seriously hope you don't mind because one, you're going to be auditioning anyway and two, I'm your friend. Anyway, when was it supposed to start? Oh, now I remember." She looked at her watch. "I suppose the others are preparing. Hey, one tip. don't be nervous because you know, it's just your unique friend, Ella."

"I don't mind you hearing. And I'm not really nervous. Like, I've sung in front of people before. I just want to do well."
Sidda looked at her wrist, wondering what the time was, before remembering that she had lost her watch when she was looking for her music. She'd found her music, but her watch had yet to show up. "I hope the others show up soon - I don't really want to wait too long.I mean, I don't mind, but..." Sidda trailed off, then looked at Ella. "So, do you have any ideas for songs or bands that we could play? Or will we write our own songs?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back