Fire & Ice

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Too Young
</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">
OOCOut of Character:
Set roleplay is set in December of 2048. Serena is 16 years old in this topic.
Serena Cardosi was currently busy staring at out the frosted window trying to see if she could spot any worthy looking pine trees. The Zhefarovich's didn't celebrate Christmas, and Serena hated that. The Holiday's were some of the best times of the year. There was presents, snow, Christmas trees, and lots of good spirits and parties to go along with it. Serena could understand if they were religious or something, but they simply just didn't celebrate Christmas for some reason. Which Serena thought was boring. At home she used to celebrate Christmas with her parents every year. This would be her first year not being able to. Even when she attended Durmstrang she would come home for the Holiday's. Now that she was sixteen, everything had changed. Instead of returning to her beloved school, she was sent off to live with the Zhefarovich's so they could teach her and train her in their ways. Since birth, Serena had been arranged to marry Asparuh Zhefarovich IV. Apparently he was supposed to be a leader of the family she was staying with. Serena's whole birth had been a ploy so she could marry this guy. Serena didn't like it. The whole idea kind of made her feel like she was being imprisoned. It didn't help that this family piled her with so many rules and things she needed to know. It was rough. On top of that Serena was at least several years younger than her future husband. Not to mention, he was one of the most plain and sheltered human being that she had ever had the graces of meeting.

"I want a Christmas tree." Serena announced as she turned away from the window. Today she was being forced to spend time with the man that would soon be her husband. If they were going to be forced to be together, he was going to learn really quickly that Serena was very free spirited. Anything that made her feel trapped was usually something she wanted to defy against. But since this was for her father, the man who had given her everything she ever wanted, Serena would go through with it. "That big pine tree out there is absolutely perfect. We should go outside and bring it inside." Serena pointed to a nice looking pine tree that would be perfect for a Christmas tree. Sure it was snowing outside, but it wasn't like it would kill them to be outside for a little bit. Her blue eyes fixed themselves on the tall figure of her fiance, hoping that he understood that she was dead serious. Serena wanted that damned tree. If they were going to make her stay in this house studying for hours on end to make sure she was ready to become the wife of this guy and uphold the family name, they could at least let her have a little bit of fun every once and awhile to make sure that she didn't lose her mind! "I'll go outside and get it myself if I have to. Just get me an axe." Serena wasn't allowed to do magic outside of the school area yet, so she would have to use an axe, which was fine with her. Just so long as she got her tree, she would do whatever it takes. Serena was met with silence. Apparently Asparuh disagreed with her.​
<i>
</i>

Asparuh Zhefarovich the Fourth hated this predicament. The one thing he wanted to do right now was to find another woman to marry, one his age, one that did not seem more like a hippy than anything else. One thing that amazed him was that his father was still alive, but deemed him as unfit to lead just yet, which would explain why Kalif was sitting at the throne. Figuratively. Asparuh was sitting in a chair of his own, looking down at the ground through onyx eyes. Surely they could have raised a better daughter than this. She was sixteen right now, and he was stuck with teaching her. She was no longer in Durmstrang, and Asparuh still felt like he was raising a child, yet not conceived one. Within a year of their anniversary of their marriage, they would have to have an heir. This was certainly something, since she would be a teenaged parent, and he would not. Ivaylo was perhaps cackling at the two of the most mixed matched pair there was. Many of his siblings had different mothers, and it was hard to keep up with them all. Kalif had Danielle for a mother, he killed his mother coming out of the womb, Ivaylo had the lineage of a great, deceased Death Eater. He did not know of or care for Prodan's mother. Asparuh folded his arms across his chest as he thought over the family. He had been raised and molded into the perfect future Patriarch. He could have been a lethal weapon by now. He could have been doing something useful for the family, yet he had to babysit his future wife.

Asparuh looked up when Serena announced that she wanted a Christmas Tree. He raised an eyebrow, wondering what that was. Then it hit him. That blasted holiday that some of the Zhefarovich's celebrated due to their partners bringing in new traditions. It was definitely not one that he wanted to celebrate. Asparuh's eyes drifted outside when she mentioned that the pine tree outside was perfect, and she suggested that they should go outside and retrieve it. Was she joking? There were stories and rumors that there were written about the area outside. The lake was black, said to be cursed, but no one has proven that to be true, or a lie. Then the woods themselves was too dark to see. Asparuh rose to his feet and he looked outside to see what tree she was speaking of clearly. It seemed as though it was snowing, thus making it cold. If she wanted a tree, she could make the servants go fetch it, or conjure one. She was even crazy enough to mention an axe, and he looked at her as though she was talking about taming a dragon. Asparuh thought about telling her to sit down and be silent, however he did not speak a word. He needed to find the appropriate words, since he did not know how to talk to her just yet. Finally, he said in that monotone, cold voice, "You are not going outside." The words were simple, yet powerful. Asparuh waved his hand and the curtains outside closed, to prevent her from getting anymore ludicrous ideas. The last thing he wanted was Serena to go outside and end up dead on his watch. Then the family would have to find another, and the woman might not even be a pure-blood. He could not risk it.

The sixteen year old turned around once the curtains came together, shielding the outside from her envious gaze. Asparuh IV was really going to force to stay inside? "Are you serious?" Serena didn't think this was fair one bit. Usually she would be allowed to come and go as she pleased so long as she finished her studies and training for the day. Serena had yet to go outside, but she figured that if she asked someone, they might allow her. But today was completely different. Today she was being forced to spend time with Asparuh. Serena wasn't kidding when she said forced, if another member of Asparuh's family saw the two of them apart they'd promptly be shoved back into a room together like they were now. Serena didn't understand why they were being forced to spend the day together, they barely got along with one another. "I'm so bored. Why does your family insist that we spend time together when we don't agree on anything." Serena sighed and sat down on one of the sofa's and crossed her arms over her chest. Serena hated being cooped up and all this marriage was in her eyes right now was a way to further coop her up. They even removed the freedom of going to school from Serena's life. How was she supposed to have any sort of freedom when this family was looming over her and trying to control her every move and decision. From what she studied at school to what she should wear. It was all so overwhelming. The family probably didn't even realize how much pressure they put onto Serena to be this perfect little bride for their future leader. Serena wasn't even sure if she could be everything they wanted her to be. Serena was only human after all.

"Can we at least explore the Manor or something if you're not going to talk to me or let me go outside?" Serena didn't want to be cooped up in the room with this man all day without having something to do. Asparuh IV wasn't much of a talker it would seem, not was Serena but she would rather have him talk to her then sit in silence for the remainder of the day. Maybe after a couple more hours with Asparuh IV, they would let her go home or let her retire to do her own thing until she was allowed to go home. Serena suspected that sooner or later she'd actually be brought in to live in the Manor, but she hoped that wouldn't happen just yet. Serena could tolerate coming over to train and study on all the things she needed to study, but living here would be a whole different story. If Serena lived here, she would be subjected to their schedule, and their rules. Serena still didn't know all the house rules either. The last thing she wanted to have happen was for someone to get upset with her because of the things did without thinking. Serena sat up and glanced at the curtains that were currently covering the window she had taken a liking to. Asparuh may not have cared for her all that much, but Serena hoped that he would get sick of her whining eventually and let her do what she pleased. They couldn't have paired her with a more stoic and cold man, could they?

When asked if he was being serious, he raised an eyebrow. Asparuh had never been less serious in his life. She should have known this by now. Asparuh spoke with a roll of his eyes, something he rarely did to begin with, "No, I am being incredibly sarcastic." Asparuh shook his head and he could believe the woman that he would have to marry. He could not remember if it was after her studies at home, or if it was just as she turned seventeen. Sometimes it varied. Aleyha's situation was difficult since she was expelled. Leviathan had to wait until he was graduated to marry Ariah. He would have to ask his father or Kalif, to see which it was. Asparuh let out a sigh and he wished that he was doing something a bit more useful like killing. That sounded appealing to him over anything else. He shrugged his shoulders as she sat down on one of the sofa's and seemed like she was rather irritated. That much he did agree with her on. He said simply, "We were chosen by my father to mainly combine two families, and to produce more pure-blood heirs. You do know that once we are married, within that year, we have to conceive an heir." That was what most arranged marriages meant. Conceivable bloodlines that would end up being pure or powerful as in Aleyha and Theodore's case since Theodore was Part-Veela. That was a once in a century arranged marriage, between a half-breed and a mixed-blood. The rest have been and will be pure-bloods with pure-bloods. He was not surprised that every descendant was not in one, as some families were just hard to come by in this region. It was explain why some of the pure-bloods married pure-blooded Americans.

Serena seemed like she was feeling a little weighed down or something. She wanted to explore the Manor, since he was not going to talk to her unless he had to, or let her go outside. Rather than have her complain for the rest of the evening or whatever time it was (it was hard to tell since the area always looked dark from the trees). He said simply, "Fine. We will take a walk around the Manor. Some areas are off limits until you are older." He was positive that she had not seen the official, mighty family tree yet so he would take her to that Patriarch's lair. Asparuh motioned for her to follow, and he led her down the corridors that seemed endless. On the way, he had seen some of his relatives, some close and not so close. He even nodded acknowledgement to Viserys, his nephew who was about Serena's age, if not a bit younger. Once they arrived, the room was surprisingly empty, and he walked over to the family tree. He motioned for her to come and stand with him. He stated, "Look over the people, some you have seen, some you have not since they live in other countries. One day, when we are married, we will have complete control over everyone in the family. They will look to you as a queen, a role model. They will look to me as a king, an executioner if something were to go wrong." Serena was on the tree as well, with a line connecting her to him, indicating that they were engaged and soon to be married. Asparuh was quite proud of everything he had done so far, and could not want to rule and leave his name behind in the history books.

"Ass." Serena muttered under her breath, but while still making sure it was loud enough for her fiance to hear. Serena would go through with the marriage for her father's sake, as well as the fate of this family. It would be cruel of her to mess things up for them. But there were times when Serena wondered if this marriage was going to work out at all. Asparuh IV was like ice and she was like fire. Serena liked to do things her way, and this family was all about their rules. In fact, the first day she had ever visited this manor, they had already given her a large list of rules about what she could and couldn't do, or where she could and couldn't be. Serena paused when she heard Asparuh IV mention that they needed to conceive an heir. "You mean we have to-I'm afraid to ask what's going to happen if we don't." Serena scratched at her cheek nervously. So at some point or another she would need to have a baby with this guy. Serena didn't know what to think of that. She wasn't dumb enough to think she could just get out of it either. There was probably some consequence if they didn't produce an heir within the allotted time.

A walk around the Manor wasn't quite what Serena had expected, but she knew it was better than nothing. A small smile graciously formed on face as she stood up, eager to take that walk. It would sure beat sticking around this room all day. They ended up taking a walk to the Patriarch's lair, where Asparuh IV seemed keen on showing her the family tree. At first, Serena didn't see what the big deal was about this stupid tree they talked so much about. But then she actually got a chance to see the tree for herself. It was so big. There were so many names and faces onto it. Even Serena was on it! Serena listened to Asparuh talk about taking over the family, she could practically feel the pride seeping off of his every word. "I think you're going to make a good leader someday. I'm not so sure about myself though. It all seems like a bit much." Serena was obviously overwhelmed by all of this. It was all new to her. There were so many rules, so many people, and a lot she still needed to learn in order to live up to these people's expectations. They expected too much from her.

Asparuh simply shook his head when Serena called him an ass. It was definitely not the first time that he had ever heard it. He often referred to Serena as some tree hugging hippie or an air headed moron. Asparuh wondered if his father would have ever had to go through something like this. Someone needed to give him some pointers at the very least. Asparuh looked over at her and she seemed to be a little nervous by the mention of an heir. And she was afraid to ask what would happen if they didn't. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Well, nothing will happen to me because of my position, but something bad will happen to you. Let's not let that happen though." Even then, he was at least showing some sort of sign that he did not want her hurt. He had watched her grow up, and now he was going to have to marry her. Like that was not freaky enough. He was eight years older than her, and he was almost going to be in his late twenties by the time they married. He wondered if he would get in any legal trouble with that.

His eyes looked down at Serena as he finished talking about it, wondering if she had anything to say about the family tree. Instead, she said that he would make a good leader someday, and how she was not sure about herself, and how it seemed like it was a bit much. Placing a hand upon her shoulder, Asparuh said simply, "You will learn. You are just sixteen right now, there is plenty of time to get the hang of things first. I'm not so worried about you being the Ranee one day, as much as you are going to be a mother. Trying to teach it obnoxious things like Christmas and other pointless holidays." Serena was just a teenager right now, one could not expect her to understand and get all of this stuff within a year. It would take a decade at least to get her used to everything. Asparuh grew up knowing, she did not. She only grew up knowing she would be married to him, but that was it. Asparuh removed his hand from her shoulder, and knew that their relationship was a complicated one. They were going to be married soon, and they had yet to really do any couple stuff. Just the arguments and talking. Asparuh heard from Ivaylo over what he needed to do, and more so from Vladimir, but he simply tuned them out.

Serena kept back all the emotions that took over her when she hard Asparuh IV tell her that something bad would happen to her and only to her if the didn't conceive an heir. His position was going to keep him safe regardless of what happened and Serena didn't find that fair at all. It only took a minute for her frustration to boil over, and she figured that Asparuh IV was waiting for it too. He seemed to know her behavior quite well already. "That is really unfair!" If they couldn't have children, who's to say that it was even her fault? It could just as easily be the fault of her partner. Plus having all this pressure thrust upon her shoulders wasn't going to make it any easier on her. Actually it partially scared her to some degree. "It won't hurt to let them celebrate Christmas every once and awhile. Besides, we can discuss what we want to teach our children if and when we have any." Serena wasn't going to give up on the idea of a little Christmas spirit in the house, no matter what her future husband had to say about it. If she had to she would learn his weaknesses and use them to her advantage. Her mother often tried to explain how useful the womanly charms a woman possessed were to getting the things she wanted.

"I heard that after today, you and I won't get to see one another until our wedding day. My dad says I am going off to be taught how to act like a lady...or a wife or something. I bet you're going to enjoy your time off." Serena commented as she stared at the covered window once again, wishing she could see the snow falling outside. Why did she have to go away to learn how to be a wife? Maybe it was because she was going to be marrying some big leader and there were special things she needed to know? Or not, either way it sounded ridiculous and Serena worried that this was going to be something that even further sucked away her freedom. No one knew how lonely it was to know that her main purpose for even being created was for the chance to marry her off to this man. Serena's dad had been planning to wed off his first born daughter to Asparuh IV for years, and she was just the first pure one to come along. Why her?

Asparuh looked over at his future wife before he shrugged, "Apparently, a wife can be replaced. I, on the other hand, cannot be. So, just be sure that you can actually conceive. Otherwise, a case like that will need some time to fight." Asparuh did not have much emotion as he said this, mainly because he had yet to really care. He might be able to in the future, but right now, he was not really one of those that cared about much. Although, truth be told, even though he did not know her entirely right now, he did not want to lose her. She was a pure-blood and she was gorgeous to add to that glorious factor. Her mother and father were respectable, so it would be a waste to just let her die. "Good. Children is not on my list of topics to speak of until you are old enough." Christmas just did not make any sense to him, and he thought that it would be pointless to convince him otherwise. He was not going to let up on the Christmas thing. He would never celebrate it in the Zhefarovich manor, and none of his children will either. He was hellbent on that, and he would not let up no matter what she would try to pull on him. As a future Patriarch, he did know how to get his way.

Once she spoke of the fact that after today, they would not see each other until their wedding day, Asparuh looked down at her and then it hit him. Of course, she was going to be trained on how to properly be a wife of a Patriarch. He might enjoy his time off though. He shrugged his broad shoulders before he stated, "Enjoyment is a word rarely used to describe what I do. However, I trust that the next time I see you, you will not be as carefree and loathing of rules are you are now." Asparuh wondered what they should do in the meantime. He looked at the tree before he shook his head, knowing that he would rather be alone than to fight with her right now, since that was what happened most of the time. Sighing, he bid her farewell before leaving the room to descend down into the training room once more to brush on his skills of being a leader.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back