Finally Writing

Dannie Lee

Dannie made her way up to the owlery for the first time this school year. She had promised her parents that she would write at least once a week but that didn't really end up happening since this was her first letter home since her arrival.

Dannie really didn't know what to write. She had so much information to share. This place was so much different. This place was more puzzling yet more exciting. Dannie took out some parchment and some purple ink and placed it on the floor of the owlery. Dannie then dug through her bag for her quill. Dannie then plopped down on the ground thinking about what to write.

Dear Mom and Dad
        Sorry I didn't write sooner. It has been so different and busy between classes and other things I really haven't had the time. Not that your aren't important just like you've always said school should be on the top of my list. I've met a few friends so far. I have my own dorm. It is nice and never quiet here.
      Classes have been fun. I have all these odd making classes. I have History of Magic. There is actually a history of magic it is so much different than muggle history. Oh muggles are non magic people. Which means I am muggleborn. The terms are also so puzzle making here but I am understanding them better. I also have Astronomy which is the study of the stars. I actually used a telescope for something other than spying on the neighbors :D
        I also have the class called Defense Against the Dark Arts. I don't know what we are defending ourselves against exactly but I bet it is nothing too dangerous. Trust me I am safe here. Transfiguration is another class. The other day I actually turned a text book into a jewerly box with a simple word. It was mind blowing.
      My last class this semester is Flying. Like flying on a broom. It was scary at first but I think I am decent at it. It is a happy making feeling. Amazing.  All the professors are nice. Everything is good. I miss you all so much. Holiday break is coming up. Do you guys want me home or do you want me to stay? I don't care either way. I can't wait to here from you. Oh and sorry if the owl scares you that is how we send messages.

Lots Of Love Your Only Daughter,
                                                                                  Dannie Lee
[/color]

Dannie looked at the letter rereading it as she looked up for an owl .Dannie had not gotten an owl of her own but she planned on getting one. Dannie called an owl which flew down and took the letter. "To mom and Dad " She said hoping the owl knew where to go. The owl seemed to because it took off. Dannie watched it go before she left the owlery to go outside by the lake.

A few days later Dannie went up to the owlery. She hoped that the owl had gotten the letter home but she was prepared to write another one if need be. She walked up the plenty of stairs only to find that same owl sitting well perching right in front of the enterance door with a letter tied to its foot. Dannie read her name on the front and carefully untie the letter. "Thanks Boy" She said hoping that they owl was a boy afterall.

Dannie opened the letter after seeing that it was in her mother's handwriting.
Dear Dannie,
      We thought that you forgot about us but your father and I are glad that you are so keen on your studies. Everything there sounds so different I am hoping that it is going to prepare you for the real world and not the wonderland you seem to live in. I  am glad the professors are kind and that you are making friends. Don't be too overbaring and don't be too over the top. You seem to do that way too often.
      Holiday break is when exactly. When we know then I can tell you whether or not it would be wise for you to come home. We have a surprise for you that I think you will like a lot. I don't want to tell you right off the bat but soon Dannie Lee soon. I know you will be happy about this. Your father and I are. Hope to recieve a response letter so and then maybe we can tell you the wonderful news.
                                                                                        Love,
                                                                                  Your mother and father

Dannie read over the letter "A surprise" She said with her eyes full of excitment. Dannie wondered what it could be. Dannie quickly took out another piece of parchment and her purple ink and began to write.
Dear Mom and Dad
            A surprise! I can't wait to hear about it. Well I believe that holiday break is in two weeks about. What is the surprise? I hope I like it. I will talk to you soon soonier would be wonderful. Tell me what you think about Holiday break. Oh and there is a dance at the school called the Yule Ball I am so excited to go. I may even wear a dress.
                                                  Lots Of Love Your Favorite and Only Daughter
                                                                                          Dannie Lee
Dannie tied the letter to the owl's leg. "here you go to mom and dad you know the way" Dannie said smiling as she watched the owl go off. "Surprise I wonder what it is" she said to herself as she made her way skipping out of the owlery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back