Feels like the Old Times

Anna-Jo Worth

OOC First Name
Steph
Sexual Orientation
Any type
Anna-Jo was fresh faced as she walked into the streets of Obsidian Harbour. For now she was set up in a temporary apartment place while she looked for a better place to live and also some work. She saved up enough money from the job she previously had back in London. As a young woman she wanted a fresh start, get out of stuffy London and into the world to a place where she might be able to make a difference. But for Anna-Jo comfort was also a big part of her life, yes she wanted to step out of her comfort zone but she wanted to also have a bit of comfort to lean on. New Zealand seemed like the perfect place for her, she knew the area of Obsidian Harbour having come during her first few years of schooling where she attended Hogwarts New Zealand before transferring to Beauxbatons. So here she was right before the election season started in New Zealand. She couldn't wait to look into the candidates and find one to support, she hoped someone would fit what she was looking for in the new Minister. Walking along the streets she could see posters of all the various faces and it intrigued her, she paused in front of one for Holland, equality sounded nice but she wondered what her ideas for the policies already in place to be changed were. It was then in the middle of her thoughts that someone bumped into her slightly and she turned to see who it had been.

Isaiah had a rare day off, he worked quite a lot, spent a lot of his time in work, but a rare day off, lead him to doing anything else that he could find. He didn't have a partner and so he could end up rather bored, but he took his time exploring and going places to fill the hours. He couldn't help but notice the growing amount of posters for the candidates littered around the streets as he made his way through. It was clear that despite it being early into the whole election process everybody was acting like they were right before the deadline. He didn't mind too much, he knew his department wouldn't be too affected by it, but he hadn't yet paid enough attention that he could decide who he liked best. He liked the drink for the Cade person a lot, but that was a different thing entirely. He didn't know any of the man's policies, just knew that he liked ale and whiskey and together it was an odd but good combo. The man had been a little distracted by the amount of posters, and trying to grab a quick glance at them that he ended up accidentally bumping into someone, "Oh hey, sorry," he apologised instantly looking at what was a woman around his age, "I'm sorry, getting distracted by all these election posters," he explained though he knew it was just an excuse, he had to give to somewhat explain it. "Looks like you were doing the same, though clearly had the common sense to stop,"

"Oh no, not your fault," Anna-Jo replied quickly to the man. She looked back at the Holland poster trying to memorize the name and face of the woman in case she ever spotted her about, though that seemed unlikely for any of the candidates, but you never knew. "Oh yes, I did stop right in your way too, I'm sorry about that, uh.. I'm Anna," she said with a pause quickly deciding to leave off either part of her full name Annabelle or the nickname she's had since childhood. She was trying to start fresh and be her own person not one controlled by the words of others. Anna-Jo was a nickname created by family members now that she wanted to step away from them she decided just Anna would do for now. "I hear the first debate is coming up soon, I just moved here from England," she said mostly as an excuse, she assumed most people had known about who was running for election but here she was looking at the different ones posted along her walk.

Isaiah gave a quick smile and nodded, he didn't mind that this had happened and he thought it was entirely his own fault that it had. "The faults all mine Anna," the man said with a warmth in his tone that he wouldn't accept it being her fault, "I'm Isaiah," he introduced back with a friendly expression, "I hope you didn't just move for all the election excitement?" he asked with a light tone, while it was admirable that she would take such a large interest, it might be a little too much for just a few months, "I'm looking forward to the first debate, since I work at the ministry, one of them might be my new boss, so it'll be nice to know what each of them are like," the man wasn't overly interested in the election itself, he didn't think too much would change with whomever ended up leader, but he would pay attention to it, and make the best decision possible when voting, since he was likely to be very affected by the outcome. Leaders were unlikely to affect his office, but they might just. He didn't want to not know what he was getting into. "How are you enjoying New Zealand so far?" the man asked, he felt like he'd possibly seen the woman before, but if she'd just moved from somewhere else then that was impossible. Isaiah had only ever lived in New Zealand or Australia so it wasn't possible for him to know her or have ever run into her before.

Anna-Jo smiled at the man as he continued to take the blame, she knew it hadn't been smart to suddenly stop and stare at the posters. Shaking her head with a laugh she replied to his question, "No, no. Not at all, I came because..well for a new adventure I guess is the best way to put it." She wasn't sure if going into her family's prejudices and seeking to get away from them was something to really share with a stranger. After all, they might never speak again after this conversation. She thought he seemed like a pretty nice guy, even if he did run into her. "You work for the ministry?" She asked intrigued, though she was sure he wouldn't want to go into much detail about his work. She was considering looking for a job in the ministry, or one of the small shops. Her main goal of being out of her apartment today was to find a job, her savings would only take her so far. "I really like New Zealand. It's different from London, not as busy here I guess," she replied with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back