Feeling sick

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
Nina walked up to the hospital wing unsure why she felt so ill. Nina had been feeling light headed and she was in a little bit of pain. Nina walked into the Hospital Wing nervously, debating turning back. Nina took a large breaths in and out and then the room began to spin so she took the nearest seat and she put her head through her knees while breathing heavily.

Sidney was sitting in her office feeling a little bored, the wing had been unusually empty today. She got up and left about to go and clean out the storage cupboard when she saw a student sitting looking rather ill, "Oh dear, you don't look well at all," she siad kindly, "Are you okay?" she asked.

Nina looked up at the kind nurse and said softly, "I feel really light headed and the room is spinning and I am in a little bit of pain..." Nina was still breathing heavily waiting for some sort of response or anything.

"Oh dear," Sidney said, her australian accent a little worried, "Come and lie down," she siad gesturing to the bed next to the chair, "What kind of pain?" she asked wondering what best to treat her with.

Nina stood up shakily while the room was still spinning almost tripping over her own feet as she walked over to the bed. Nina sat on the bed and said, "My legs, it sort of hurts to walk..." Nina layed down as gently as she could still breathing heavily.

"Oh dear," Sidney said, "What do your muscles hurt?" she asked "Have you been feeling run down lately? Maybe had a cold?" she asked.

"A little..." Nina said softly then said, "Well ever since the tournament started I haven't been feeling my best, then there was everything with..." Nina trailed off giving a sad smile to the nurse hoping that she wouldn't ask about the tournament as the other students have, it was getting a little long winded.

Sidney nodded listening as the girl spoke, she was good at reading people, afterall it was a little bit of her job, she understood that it was very challenging to be involved in the TWT and it looked as though the girl didn't want to talk about it. "So, did the feeling come on suddenly? After your flu, or has it built up a little?" she asked, still unsure as to what would be the best treatment, at the moment in look as though some good old muggle paracetamol should be used, but if she could give the girl anything to bring relief quicker then she would.

"I don't think I would call this the flu...but it has been building up more and more, and I don't know, can you get sick from being stressed?" Nina asked curiously. A muggle doctor thought this was her problem when she was little and showing signs of being a witch.

Sidney nodded "Yes you can,"she said wisely "Do you think thats the problem then? Stress?" she asked worriedly, children being stressed was not healthy and she knew stress was not something that could be cured only by medicine, it needed talking out as well.

"Maybe, but I'm not sure, everything has been so overwhelming, I don't even know whats, what anymore..." Nina said still trying to stabalize her breathing.

"Would you like to talk about it?" Sidney asked softly, "Sometimes it helps to talk about it, of course its completely confidential," she added quickly.

Nina nodded and said softly, "Okay, erm where do you want me to begin? Theres a lot..."

"How about you start at the beginning? When all the worrying started," Sidney said with a warm smile, "If we find were the problem began it might be easier to fix!" she said encourigingly(sp?)

"Well I've always been sort of stressed, worrying about others, that sort of stuff." Nina started. "My little brother is a few months old and had already started to show signs of being a wizard, and I don't want him to be one, I want him to be a muggle like the rest of my family, to keep him safe...and in the first month of my arrival my Mom wrote me telling me that he was sick, and I talked to my Transfiguration Professor because she is the only person that was here from Scotland that might have some sort of insight." Nina paused and shuddered as she thought of her baby brother being sick. "Darcy is getting better but I'm still worried."

"Worry number two: The tournament, everyone from this school, mostly first years has come to me to ask me what its like and everything, and I'm not exactly one to shine in the spotlight. And three of my friends returned home from New Zealand for family problems and they didn't leave on the best terms with me, so I feel aweful and I don't know where they are so I can't write them." Nina said with a sad sigh. "This may sound a little crazy but every time I fly now and I have the snitch in my hand I see it as the scroll and I see the Hippogriffs and Griffens and those pesky Pixies I faced," Nina paused and looked at the Nurse and said, "I must seem looney."

Nina gave her a trying smile and said, "I just figured out that my Grandma isn't my real Grandma, because she is a witch and there is no way that is possible with my family. And my best friend, Asher Lurken was just adopted by her. See my Grandma adopted me a little while ago because I don't get along with my parents very well and I'm glad that Asher is moving in with us its just going to add onto the stress of being me, and her little sister is still living in an orphanage and I feel aweful about it...but there is no way my Grandma can take on all three of us."

"Exams were rather stressful for me, I've always been an O student and I can't let my grades slip in the least, that is more for me than anything, it would be a lot worse if I had OWLs this year but I can't help and think about how hard its going to be." Nina looked at the Nurse curious to what she was thinking and said softly, "Theres more but I think I should let you swallow all of that."

Sidney listened, slightly worried about all these things that seemed to be stressful to the young girl, though it appeared she wasn't over worrying there was still far too much to worry about in her life. "Well thats alot to worry about!" she said, still mulling things over. "Firstly about your brother, why is it you don't want him to be a wizard? Do you wish that you weren't a witch?" she asked slightly suprised, she had never heard of a case like this before. "About your friends, maybe write to their homes? You should sort things out with them, most definatly!" she said, "About the pixies, did it really effect you? Try and see if you can imagine it as an important part of your past, rather then something to keep haunting you. You should never forget the past, but don't let it haunt you either!" she said wondering whether this was helping in the slightest, "But no you don't seem crazy!" she said smiling warmly. "And are you sure shes not your real grandma? She could be, or is it really not even a possibility." she asked, "Whos Asher? A good friend?" she asked, "Exams are always stressful, but keep it in proportion! Don't get too worried about them. Revise for a suitable amount of time, and try and relax! Then you know you'll definatly do you best!" she said smiling warmly. "But carry on," she siad encourigingly.

"No, no, no I am so proud to be a witch but I want to keep him safe anyway I can and I think that being a muggle will be easiest for him, see I haven't even met him yet, he was born when I was back in Scotland and I really wanted to be there when he was brought back to my parent's house," Nina said honestly.

"I don't really know how to explain it, but its just a little terrifying remembering the beasts, but it only happened twice so its not so bad, as long as I have something to distract me I guess..." Nina mummbled.

"I don't know if they are home or at school," Nina said softly.

"Asher is my best friend, she is also here for the year, we weren't all that close before we left actually I didn't even know her name but we soon became inseperable, one of the problems with my other friends. And I'm certian, no one in my family aside from myself can do magic, and I am certian now that my Grandma can do it, she knew about the Triwizard and she was comfortable when I did some magic around her. And she made Asher preform a spell that no one in our year should be able to know, yet and Asher looked rather confused when she did the spell like she had no idea what was happening," Nina said.

"Well my very best friend Alex is also here and I have had this monsterous crush on him for a little while now, and he knows now and he thinks that I am too good for him or he isn't good enough or something. I think it is because his family issues but I shouldn't say anything about it because it isn't my place." Nina paused for a second then continued, "I am trying to convince him that he is but I always say something stupid and embarras myself or get him angry, Alex has a bit of anger problems too so, I have to be really careful when I'm with him which is almost always, I mean we are basically attatched at the hip." Nina said with a happy smile as she thought of Alex.

Sidney listened as the girl told her the second half of the story, in the back of her mind she was pleased that this girl had been able to open up to her, but practically the whole of her mind was trying to find words of advice for her. "I'm sorry but I feel a bit rude, you never told me your name!" she said smiling warmly. "Why would it be dangerous for him to be a wizard though? Surely he will be much safe when if he has magical powers and can learn ways far superior to muggle ways of protecting himself!" she siad, her tone more suggestive.
"Try to change it a bit, is that memory horrific to you? Or does it just hold unpleasent feelings or memories of that particular time frame?" she asked.
"Oh dear, well thats not good. But even if you send letters to their homes I'm sure their parents will forward them to them if their at school!" she suggested.
"Where you doing magic out of school?" Sidney asked a little suprised at this revelation. "And maybe she is your real grandma, not everyone will get magical blood! Maybe it skipt a generation or something!" she said shrugging.
Sidney smiled as the girl told her about the crush "It's probably because he likes you alot, when you do that you often tell yourself your not good enough for them! But just keep showing him he is!" she said smiling and wondering whether any of this was helping her.

Nina felt rather stupid and said, "Course how silly of me, I'm Nina Patrokov." Nina smiled lightly, no longer feeling as dizzy as before but still in some pain. Nina nodded she had thought of this but she decided she would put it at the back of her mind for now.
"Well just unpleasant feelings, I was scared out of my mind that day, as to be expected but I don't get scared, I can't its a weakness and I need to be show my competitors that I am strong and not some frail little girl that gets scared from some dumb old beasts." As Nina spoke her German accent became stronger as it usually did when she was frustrated with herself.
Nina nodded her head softly then addressed the third issue. "Not really, and I am the only one that posses any magical ability at all ,aside from my adoptive cousin."
Nina nodded and simply said, "Kay."
Nina wasn't all that sure that any of this was REALLY helping her but the Nurse was giving it the old college try and Nina had to applaud her for that.

"OKay Nina," Sidney said brightly, "Right are you still in any pain? Or still feeling sick?" she asked, angry at herself for not having adressed these issues more quickly.

Nina nodded her head lightly and said, "I'm still in a fair bit of pain, but I'm not as dizzy..." Nina wasn't sure what to do or say.

"Its mostly my legs but really it is all over..." Nina mummbled but it was still understandable.

"Right okay," Sidney said, she waved her wand over Nina's legs, "Better?" she asked, then flicked her wand over the rest of her, "And that should be sorted?" she said,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back