Feeling Poetic

Vanessa Parker

Vanessa was sitting at the edge of a cliff, her legs hanging over the edge. She felt the nice breeze on her skin. It made her feel like writing a haiku. Her hair was lightly tousled by the wind blowing it. She decided to lie down but with her legs still hanging over the edge. As she was doing this, she made a haiku:
Hoping To Find Friends
Who Laugh Along With Me
Good Friends Those Will Be

She was so busy thinking and smiling that she didn't notice someone was walking over until they were only a few feet away from her. When she saw them, she saw that the girl looked a bit younger than her. Surprised, she accidentally said the poem out loud. She put a hand over her mouth and hoped that that the girl wouldn't laugh at her.

Cecily sat down next to the other girl with a smile, pulling out her wand and returning her guitar (which she had been carrying around made smaller with magic) to it's regular side with the help of her wand and a spell Jake had taught her. "Like the poem, you write it?" she asked gently beginging to strum a tune on her guitar. "Hope you don't mind me sitting here, I just came out to play, saw you all alone and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Cecily" She said, pausing her song to hold out her hand to the other girl.

Vanessa sat up with a smile, relieved that the girl hadn't immediately started teasing her. "Yeah, I wrote it. Sometimes words just pop in to my head and they come out my mouth. I don't mind you sitting her at all. I'm Vanessa," she said. Vanessa put her hand out and shook Cecily's hand. She thought of more words. "You have a guitar, do you have lyrics? The words can also be made in to lyrics for songs, and I just thought of some if you want to hear them. I love music, it looks like you do, also."

"sure, that would be pretty cool. I mostly just write the music to a song, but I've done some with lyrics. Nothing great. My mom was a song writer though" She said with a fond smile and a hint of sadness her her blue eyes. "It's nice to meet you" she added

"Here goes," Vanessa said. "Heads up: I may not have that good of a voice." She went over the lyrics in her head for a second and sang in a pretty good voice.
"The Sun Rises
The Sun Sets
Nothing's Going Ri-ight

Waiting Til The Day You Come Back
I Don't Think I Can Wait, No
I Don't Think I Can Wa-ait

So Go And Play Your Own Song
When You Get Back I'll Tell You
I've Been Waiting All Along
Cuz It's Tru-ue
Yeah, You Know It's True

More will come in a while, just have to take a second for it,
" she said after. She hoped for the second time with Cecily that she hadn't embarrassed herself.

"That's actually really good" Cecily said to the girl with a smile. "I'm jealous, I wish I could think up songs and stuff like that." with that she waited for the rest of Vanessa's song to come to her.

Vanessa thought for a second. "I'm going to start from the beginning," she said. Then she sang the song in a pretty good voice:
"The Sun Rises
The Sun Sets
Nothing's Going Ri-ight

Cuz It's True
Yeah, You Know It's True

The Light Comes
The Light Goes
Need You By My Si-ide

Waiting Til You Can Comfort Me
I Don't Think I Can Wait

Cuz It's True
Yeah, You Know It's True

My Life Has No Point Without You
I Wish You Could Be With Me At This Moment
Without You I Can't Surviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

Cuz It's True
Yeah, You Know It's True

You're My Everythiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
"

Vanessa took a breath after holding the long note. "Not one of my best songs, but if I took a while, it could improve a lot," she said. She had held the last note as long as she could. "If we add your guitar, it could make it better, also." She hoped that Cecily had liked her song.

Cecily smiled and clapped cheerfully at the girl as she finished. "That was awesome, really. How you just came up with that out of nowhere..... brilliant. If you wanna sing it again I'll mess around on my guitar until I find a tune that matches if you want. Now all we need is some drums and we've got ourselves a little band."

"Yeah, if only we had someone who knew how to play the drums," Vanessa said with a smile. "I'll sing it so you can think of what to play on the guitar.
The Sun Rises
The Sun Sets
Nothing's Going Ri-ight

Cuz It's True
Yeah, You Know It's True

The Light Comes
The Light Goes
Need You By My Si-ide

Waiting Til You Can Comfort Me
I Don't Think I Can Wait

Cuz It's True
Yeah, You Know It's True

My Life Has No Point Without You
I Wish You Could Be With Me At This Moment
Without You I Can't Surviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

Cuz It's True
Yeah, You Know It's True

You're My Everythiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
<i>
</i>"

Vanessa smiled listening to the guitar as she sang.

As she listened to Vanessa sing her song again, Cecily played around with some chord progressions before finally coming up with one that seemed to fit the other girls song. Once she heard lyrics and a melody, Cecily was very talented at adding in the music. As vanessa finished her lyrics, Cecily quickly improvised an ending to the song before looking up at the other girl and asking, "So.... what did you think of that?"

((sorry for the delay, I had to get off the computer last night and then today I was doing play auditions and girl scouts after school))

Vanessa smiled. "It was awesome," she said. She had liked the tune on the guitar that went with her singing. "If we found one more person......" Her voice trailed off as she thought about who it would be if they found someone. She couldn't even imagine what they would be like, but she tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back