Feeling Lonely

Hilary Grace

OOC First Name
debscute
Wand
debscute
Hilary Grace went down to the lake, she saw that everyone seemed to be sitting in little groups enjoying the sunshine. Not wanting to intrude especially since she didn't really know anyboby at school she found a nice spot by the big tree. She sat there and started thinking about all of the good times back home in Canada.

She missed her family, and her friends back home, most of all she really missed her dog. Since it wasn't magical and because so many people were allergic she had left him at home.

I really wish someone would talk to me.... I'm feeling lonely and even a little sad to be here... but my parents worked hard for this...."

Feeling guilty as well as homesick and lonely was just to much for this first year and she began to cry......

I hope I make a friend soon....

Liz saw the first year sitting on the lakefront crying, and something in her heart twitched.

She rumaged through her bag, and pulled out a small cage.

"Hello" she said to the girl, smiling. "Everything okay?"

Hilary looked up, to see who had spoken to her. The voice seemed familiar but she wasn't sure who it belonged too. She saw that it was Elizabeth and she had seen her ALL over the school and Hogsmeade.

"I'm not really all right, I'm just missing my family, and friends back home. I expected that I would have met someone else by now."

She tried to make a smile but instead it came as a big sob, she was never very good at hidding how she was really feeling.

Alice saw the girl crying near her. She got up and wandered over. Alice saw Liz Malfoy talking to her. "Hi," she said, "My name is Alice, is something wrong? Is there anything I can do to help?"

Liz smiled gently. "Hey, don't worry. The school year has barely begun. It takes time to find friends. And you just found one." she sat down next to Hilary. "I'm Liz." she grinned, and pulled out a bright pink Pygmy Puff. "And this is Mr.Snuffles, and he needs a home. Want him?"

Seeing Alice coming over, Liz smiled and gave a welcoming nod. "Hey Alice!" Hm, they're both first year Gryffindors. Good friend opportunity, I hope.

Hearing what Liz had said Alice realized that this girl and her were in the same boat. And Alice began to recognize the girl from her Potions class yesterday. "Liz is right you know" Alice said smiling, "I was just sitting by myself writing a letter home and it made me feel homesick. But there are lots of great people here to make friends with and hey, I think you and I are both Gryffindors, Now you have a friend in the same house as you and the same year."

Hilary let out a little smile, she had gotten two new friends in a matter of a few minutes. She looked up at the cage that was in Liz's hand. "Thank-you Liz, I'd be very happy to give Mr. Snuffles a home, I had a dog back home and I pink is my favourtie colour!"

Then she looked up and saw that the second voice she had heard belonged to another first year Gryffindor, she vagely recognized from class.

"Thanks guys, I'm glad that Hogwarts has people like you all" "Do you guys want to talk or something. I'm still not sure what type of things there are to do around here."

"We havn't done much in classes yet, but I did learn that you can't plagerize,lucky for me the prof was having a good day and let me re-write it..." Hilary replied not being able to think of much else. "I do like Herbology though, I have always loved plants and I feel the most comfortable there" Hilary reached out and touched the tree trunk beside her "there is just so much to discover that I could never be lost!"

Hoping that hadn't sounded wierd, she turned to back to Liz "What classes are you taking this term, and what are your favourites?"

Alice smiled at her new friend. "I personally like Potions as my mum used to let me help her make potions and concoctions that she made for the people in our community when they weren't well. And I like Herbology too, maybe we can sit together this week."

Alice pulled up a space of grass beside the girl. "By the way, I'm not sure I got your name?"

"That would be great, thanks" Hilary replied, glad she wouldn't be sitting alone for another lesson. "Oh ya, by the way my name's Hilary" she smiled, slightly embarassed that she hadn't told them it yet.

"so...Liz what kind of stuff is there to do around Hogwarts new Zealand. How do you spend your time"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back