Feeling guilty, Maddiie

Kasey Blake

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Holly Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kasey looked down at the cliffs. The waves crashed against the stone on this beautiful morning. This Ravenclaw had not been able to sleep last night and thus had decided to come down to see the sunrise for something to take her mind off the thoughts that made her feel guilty.

Ravenclaw had won the match against Slytherin yesterday night. She had wrote to her Lila(her mom) about it and got a quick reply. Yet from the words that Lila Carla had written on the parchment reflected her pain and isolation. After Steve's death, Lila had been left alone because both her children were schooling.

Kasey thought deeply as she looked at the sunrise slowly from behind the mountains. Did she do the right thing by asking her mother not to consider Roswalld Hollawarth? Did she even have the right to tell Lila who she was to be friends with. Only because Kasey and Benjamin couldn't imagine their mom dating someone, Lila had isolated herself from men. From what Kasey knew from yesterday's letter, Lila was working as usual in the Ministry but she noticed that her mom's life didn't have the single bit of fun or hapiness anymore. Was Kasey really responsible for giving misery to her mom?

Maddiie had felt a deep sullen feeling in the pit of her stomach. It had felt weird not to see her father around, not as much as she use to. She had missed him and even wrote twice a week, but he barely responded saying he was always busy at work, catching up the time he had missed while he was way. It felt as though he was neglected her, but at the moment she was thinking rather childish. She couldn't help that she missed him very much that she worried about him, she taken a bit of her mother duties.

That day, Maddiie had decided a clear walk around the school grounds would so her good. There was only a slight change in the weather but she had gotten used to it by now, her soft skin prickle as she strides nearing the cliff. She had expected anyone to be around since it was BrightStone week, but a familiar face catch her eye sight as she grow nearer. "Kasey that you?" she called out a bit, recognising Ravenclaw student...

Kasey turned her head around to see who the feminine voice belonged to. It was Maddiie! She hadn't expected to run into her at such time nor did she think that Maddiie study here anymore. "Yes, its me" she said with a weak smile. They hadn't been on best terms after they realized that their parents seemed intrested in each other.

"Are you still around?"she asked her as she motioned Maddiie to join her on the grass. Kasey couldn't recall seeing Maddiie in the hall or the corridors. Maybe it was just because she was no longer a social butterfly like she had been when she was younger. "How are you?"she asked Maddiie. It wouldn't hurt to be friends with someone especially when she was such a lonely person.

Maddiie wander next to Kasey feeling the sadden emotion within her voice. "Kasey you seem sad, I've been here just not out as much. Well I was on vacation...its a long story" Maddiie says sitting next to her. She didnt want to tell Kasey what had happen, at the moment she had wanted to know what was wrong with Kasey. "Never mind me whats wrong with you, I hate seeing a friend of mines sad" she pout softly wandering what could be bothering her.

"No, I am not sad..it's just..." but she couldn't lie anymore. Who was she lying to, herself? She said after a thoughtful minute "Well yes" she sighed looking down at the grass on which she was sitting. It was moist and soft. "My mom...she is lonely. I don't think she even lives like a human anymore. Always working, either here or there" she explained Maddiie now thinking about the letter more deeply. "It's like she can't do anything else. No, it's not that she can't but she dosn't have anything to do. Any sort of enetertainment or friends, nothing" she said sadly.

"Benjamin is still having one more year at Dumstrang and my mom is sad. I can see it from the way she writes. She won't let me know that but I do know" she said as a silent tear slipped down her pale cheek. She quickly wiped it off not wanting to cry infront of Maddiie. "But why am I bothering you with all this so early in the morning. As if all the other topics for conversation are unavailable" she said with a fake chuckle.

"Oh" Maddiie whisper as she glance towards Kasey sideways seeing the tear drop slipped down her cheek. "No no need to say that" she says finally after hearing Kasey problem at home. "I understand deeply, and it concern you no matter what because she is your mother.." she gave her a soft smile, not minding anything at all.

"Maybe its becaause she misses you and your brother badly, you know how some parents are with their kids...but you said you know?" Maddiie say tilting her head. She didn't really know what to say, all she could really do was listen.

"Well but we can't do anything about that" she admitted as Maddiie suggested that lila was sad simply because she missed her kids. "I have been blabbering about myself. Now it's your turn to share" she said with a smile. "Where have you been?"she asked Maddiie curiously.

"Hows your family, your brothers?"she asked Maddiie. As far as Kasey could recall Maddiie had two brothers who studied in Dumstrangs. "Benjamin will graduate next year so that should be fun" she said with a smile. "Hopefully it will make him trapped in the house and save girls from falling for him" she said and a laughter followed as she remembered Ben's last letter.

"My brothers are getting along well" she smiles as she bit down her lips. "My father well he kinda took us away for vacation a bit. We went to go see my grandfather in Puerto Rico" she smiles. But she did not want to mention how her father had spoken to her grandfather about the woman name Lila. Abuelo had suggested that her father shouldn't stop dating, leaving the woman he had cherish after her mother death. Abuelo had said of course you will always have place for your wife in your heart, but now it was time to let go...That memory swirl in her head as she listen all this being spoken in spanish. Abuelo was right, her father had to move on, but was Maddiie going to tell Kasey that? She chuckle as she mention Ben, its been a while since she last seen him as well, he had gotten along well with my brother "Wish I can see him again he was really nice to Jon and Jacob" she grin

"Puerto Rico, thats seems fun"she said with a smile. Kasey hadn't been a rich girl before her father's death and if she had been she wasn't told so. Kasey's grandmother insisted on living in a muggle fashion and having a small apartment. But now they had moved to a mansion in New Zealand where Kasey had spent two holidays till now having not gone to see Lila the past holiday because of Dan.

However, travelling seemed fun to Kasey although she hadn't traveled to anywhere. "Benjamin will be coming to my home the coming holidays before he goes for his final year of studying. You can come and see him at our residence with your brothers.Although, I have to warn you to stay away from my flirt brother" she said as she started laughing when the conversation changed to lighter topics.

"So did you do your OWLS or you missed them?"she asked Maddiie. Every fifth year with proper brain would be worrying about the coming exams that sounded like they were the last thing a student would do.

"I kinda missed them, but will be making them up as I catch up along my work load if I'm able to do them" Maddiie says fiddling with the grass below her. She had listen to Kasey talk about Ben, course he was a average good looking boy, but Maddiie wasn't sure she would take in like of him flirting with her. But she chuckle otherwise not knowing where this estrange topic was heading. "Everything seems to be changing so fast I feel like I'm hanging on a limb sometimes" Maddiie admitted looking at Kasey. Meaning her life was rushing so fast now, espically with hear years slowly decreasing in school, its like it was only yesterday when she was super excited to be sorted into a house. How happy she was when she was sorted into Hufflepuff, it was a magical experience. ^_^

((Kasey can you PM, I can't seem to reply to mail))

"Tell me about it" she said agreeing completely with Maddiie's statement on how everything was changing so rapidly. She sank into a thought about how just few years back she had her father and she came to Hogwarts and then everything seemed like a fast forward life, Steve died, they shifted, she had to miss school and help Lila to sort out things about their new residence.

It was too much for this teenager to handle. She cleared her head coming back to the cliffs and looked at Maddiie. She realized that the next year would be the last one for Maddiie at hogwarts. "Do you know what you want to do after you graduate?"she asked her.

Maddiie shook her head slightly nipping on the bottom of her lower pout. "No I'm afraid I really don't have nothing in mind" she sighs looking down. "Its getting difficult for me espically knowing its my last year, I may decide to go on towards muggel University" she says frankly. She knew that be best, her father may like that idea with her going onto muggels college. She knew he would support her either way "But I may see what's the daily prophet is all about" she chuckle a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back